It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some advice...Yellowstone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

You could be right about John vs Beth and Rip with the kid, but don't forget...Beth can't have kids. So, this would make sense, right?

It will probably end up that way whenever the whole Series ends, with Rip, Beth, & the boy, but John still has a couple good years left in him. Raising this boy might be exactly what he needs.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Yeah, but they also shoot a lot of the scenes in Utah also, not just the Darby ranch location in Montana. I imagine there will be a lot of studio scenes in the first few episodes too because there's gonna' be a whole lot of folks in hospitals for a while! All of that stuff can be shot in a studio.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I didn't realize Paramount Network had just re-aired Seasons 1-3 over this past July 4th weekend. I probably would've watched it. Haven't been looking to see what's been on since lately all my TV time is being used up re-watching the entire X-Files.(a bit time consuming)

I was looking at the Yellowstone IMDB FAQ, and just saw this:

Where is this show filmed?

The setting is in Montana where some of the show is filmed however much of the show is filmed on location in Utah.

However, due to the pandemic, season 4 was filmed entirely in Montana.

Also, noticed the link to this article:

“Joining the star-studded cast for season four includes:

· JACKI WEAVER (Silver Linings Playbook, Birdbox) will portray Caroline Warner; CEO of Market Equities.

· PIPER PERABO (Covert Affairs, Coyote Ugly) will portray Summer Higgins; an outside protestor from Portland who is against the state funded police force that protects industrialized farming and the killing of animals.

· KATHRYN KELLY (Nashville, Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings) will portray Emily; a vet tech who soon strikes up a relationship with the new cowboy.

· FINN LITTLE (Storm Boy, Angel of Mine) will portray Carter; a young boy reminiscent of a young Rip. Beth decides the ranch is the best place to teach him a lesson on how to be a man.

Weaver, Perabo and Kelly will appear in recurring roles with Little signed on as a series regular. Additionally, Will Patton has been upped to series regular.

tvseriesfinale.com...
I know who Piper Perabo is, and Will Patton (Jamie's real dad), but I have no clue who those other 3 are. However, I think we know which character Finn Little is going to be....

it looks like you were probably right, but I do still think John will be involved with the kid.

edit on 7/6/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Yeah, my wife seized upon the opportunity to re-record a few episodes we lost when we had our DVR upgraded and they couldn't transfer the data.

Hmmmm...your part about the cast kind of worries me. Sounds like we may be getting ready to see a 'time-slip', and I HATE it when they do that! Let's hope not! The networks have completely ruined more than one once-great series doing that!! TWD is a great example! (though they had pretty much wrecked TWD when they deviated from the comic, and that was before the time-slip, but the slip was the final nail in the coffin.)

I don't know any of those guys.

I just hope they hurry up and get the damn Season 4 scheduled! Sick of waiting!

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I won't mind it too much if they quickly skip through most of the recovery time, and get closer to the revenge part. Maybe they'll begin Season 4 in the immediate aftermath of the finale, but then by the 2nd episode, it'll be around 6-12 months later, after they've settled into their new roles, new offices, etc...

I assume they'll probably air another marathon before Season 4 begins.(hopefully anyways). The Season 3 finale is the only episode still currently on my DVR. I did re-watch it earlier. I'd say you're probably right about Beth losing at least part of her arm. Her raising her hand immediately before the explosion is probably what saved her life. I think that probably protected her face too, so if I were to bet on it, I'd put my money down on: NOT a pirate. lol (but ya never know... coulda been her own pinky finger getting lodged in her eye)

Previously, I hadn't even given a second thought about the explosion Monica heard, but now I can't stop wondering about it. Just randomly blowing up part of the ranch doesn't really make any sense, but it must have been some part of the ranch....

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Okay...so this next one is NOT my idea!

My lovely bride (the one who came up with the Pirate idea) has this crazy theory that Beth is going to kidnap Jamie's pregnant GF and hold her hostage as part of the "Revenge" scheme. She came up with this idea while we were tossing about various body parts Beth is going to lose. I said a leg, she said an arm...and an eye (then she could wear a patch like a Pirate! LOL!!)

At first I didn't think this was plausible, but then after thinking about it a little, it does have a bit of traction. After all, Beth DID say she was going to wait for Jamie to find something he really, really, loved someday...and she was going to KILL it!

And, if Jamie really is the person behind the shootings and the bombings, then in his mind he must be thinking he's going to be "King"...and what more could he ever want than a direct blood-heir to the "Throne" of Yellowstone???

That'd be a pretty wild twist!

edit on 7/6/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I said a leg, she said an arm...and an eye (then she could wear a patch like a Pirate! LOL!!)
I was thinking Beth was standing behind a desk, then I re-watched that scene and saw that it was a glass desk, so yeah that glass might slice right through a leg.

Anytime I try to picture Beth with an eye patch, all I can think of is Daryl Hannah's character in Kill Bill.

I can't remember... did Jamie tell anyone about the pregnancy? (which of course there are other ways Beth could find out about it, but I just couldn't remember if he had told anyone)

I was watching the explosion frame-by-frame, and I think you can actually see a couple hands (and sleeves of a gray suit) coming out through the window. If so, I don't think there's any significance to it, because it looks like they're coming out of the upper windows of the first floor. I just thought it was kinda interesting, and odd. I'm not sure how someones hands/arms could get to the ceiling of the first floor, but that sure is what it looks like.....

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Anytime I try to picture Beth with an eye patch, all I can think of is Daryl Hannah's character in Kill Bill.

Wasn't that Uma Thurman????

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I can't remember... did Jamie tell anyone about the pregnancy? (which of course there are other ways Beth could find out about it, but I just couldn't remember if he had told anyone)

No, not to the best of my knowledge...unless he told his dad during the "I'm in trouble" scene following the murder. It wasn't shown, in any case. But, my suspicion is Jamie will reveal this when 'One-Eye' Beth (LOL) backs him into a corner on her revenge rampage. Maybe it'll be Rip who beats it out of him, but I think Jamie's gonna' spill the beans one way or another. Then Beth could have an "AHA!" moment. (note - This could even be a good ending for episode 1 in Season 4)

Regarding the explosion; I'm not seeing that, but you may well be right. Maybe Beth could come back as "Skip"...you know; no arms and no legs...AND, and eye patch! Then she could be, "One-Eye" Skip, the Pirate...meanest junkyard dog redhead on two stumps!!!! (LOLOLOLOL!!! Just kidding!) (I know, I know, I'm twisted...just like to have some fun with stuff sometimes).

edit on 7/7/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Wasn't that Uma Thurman????

Uma was the main character, Beatrix Kiddo, but one of her adversaries was the 1-eyed Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah).

I think Beatrix Kiddo's eyes were one of the few parts of her body that didn't get injured at some point during the movie.

I hadn't actually realized before now, how much Beth (Kelly Reilly) resembles Daryl Hannah. Not real close, but there are some similarities.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Jamie gets taken to the train station.

Or dropped off in Haiti.
edit on 12-7-2021 by NotGuilty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NotGuilty

No doubt...IF it turns out Jamie really is the mastermind behind it all.

It's sure looking like it at the moment, but with this show you never know!

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Made it to the end of season 2 last night and i'm on holiday for 2 weeks on Friday so i'll be able to read the rest of this thread at last.

Started slow but i'm really enjoying it.

Rip steals the show every scene.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So i made it to the end, loved it.

Don't agree with your theory about Jamie Dutton. Personally i think Roarke and Market Equities are the more likely conspirators. I remember a conversation with Roarke and his boss about it feeling more like an oil deal in Lebanon rather than a land deal in Montana, which seemed to foreshadow the attacks on the Duttons. Jamie just doesn't have the balls or contacts to set it all up. Look when he killed that reporter, he had to go running to Rip to fix the problem.

I think you're right about Beth adopting the kid tho, that's a real good shout. I'm starting to warm to her character, she and Rip make for a good on screen couple.

One thing i'm sure of, the retaliation is going to be epic

edit on 31/8/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Hits screens November 7th.
edit on 31/8/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

So i made it to the end, loved it.

Don't agree with your theory about Jamie Dutton. Personally i think Roarke and Market Equities are the more likely conspirators. I remember a conversation with Roarke and his boss about it feeling more like an oil deal in Lebanon rather than a land deal in Montana, which seemed to foreshadow the attacks on the Duttons. Jamie just doesn't have the balls or contacts to set it all up. Look when he killed that reporter, he had to go running to Rip to fix the problem.

I think you're right about Beth adopting the kid tho, that's a real good shout. I'm starting to warm to her character, she and Rip make for a good on screen couple.

One thing i'm sure of, the retaliation is going to be epic

Perhaps you're right, but don't forget Jamie's conversation with his father, Garret...

"Yellowstone ain't a ranch, it's an empire, and empires you take!"

"How?"

"You kill the King."

Seems to me Market Equities is too obvious.

BTW - Garret, Jamie's father, becomes a regular cast member for Season 4, so he's definitely going to have a larger role.

There's also (4) other new characters:
1. Willa's boss, the CEO of Market Equities.

2. Some new cowgirl who hooks up with the new cowboy (whom I've never been able to find yet in season 1-3)

3. Some activist chic out of Oregon

4. A young boy (presumably the boy from the side of the road) who Beth takes under her wing (as I predicted).

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Is this show more like Deadwood or more like Sons of Anarchy?

I started watching the pilot and I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't actually a Western like Deadwood. Seeing cars really ruined my expectations and I opted to watch Loki and WandaVision instead, but I went through that quickly. Loki was a lot better than I expected.

Now I'm thinking about watching Yellowstone again, even though it's not a Western in the 19th century, so not really my genre. Perhaps if someone can convince me it's more like Deadwood than Sons of Anarchy...

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Now I'm thinking about watching Yellowstone again, even though it's not a Western in the 19th century, so not really my genre. Perhaps if someone can convince me it's more like Deadwood than Sons of Anarchy...

I haven't watched either, so I can't really answer your question. All I know is, it is very well done and it is every bit the modern day Western that anything could be.

Best I can tell you is watch a few episodes of the 1st season. Episode 1 is slow only because it is prepping you, and giving you the background, so you will understand the spectacular events to come.

Just go take a look at the biker scene posted on page 1 of this thread. Yellowstone is hardcore like this all they way through.

One of the things I really like about it is the accuracy to real life. All the ranch operations are practically identical to how things happen in reality, right down to the fences.

edit on 9/9/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

If you liked deadwood checkout Justified. Loved that show, it’s modern but still has that western feel to it. Probably my favourite American TV show of the last 20 years.

I miss Deadwood, they could easily have squeezed a few more series from that show although following the dialect at times was a little bit of guess work, especially Al, my favourite character in the show but god could he spin a riddle.
edit on 9/9/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. In the meantime, I've gone back to finishing Dr. Who, cause I had already invested in watching 6 seasons of it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join