It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A week without watching tv or news or any media….

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

I do agree on that. You need to disconnect from it entirely on some regular basis.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Haven't watched MSM for atleast a year, never trusted or liked it before that anyways.

What I gained from doing this: Silence, lack of mind chatter, Zen, no more engaging with bully types wasting my breath on and stronger intuitive reactions controlled by me alone, not the Mockingbird Media asshats.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Many people claim they no longer watch TV.... but many people have just replaced TV with Youtube.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Many people claim they no longer watch TV.... but many people have just replaced TV with Youtube.

My youtube consists of music videos and educational tutorials. I consider that a good replacement .

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

originally posted by: and14263

My youtube consists of music videos and educational tutorials. I consider that a good replacement .

I agree.

There's lots of worthwhile things on YouTube that you would never get on ordinary TV.
I can understand why people criticise YouTube but it comes down to choice. You can choose to watch people falling off bikes coming down stairs or you can choose to watch cats playing pianos but I prefer a good long interview with someone (not an edited soundbite like you get on TV ), or a documentary or lecture.
I didn't like audio books much at first but they're definitely growing on me now because I can listen while doing other things.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I wish I could. But unfortunately my co-worker listens to news radio everyday.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

I do agree on that. You need to disconnect from it entirely on some regular basis.

Ditto. On all fronts, there's somebody trying to inject garbage into our brains, ginned-up, artificial hate and division normative now, divide and conquer bs, or imagery from hell in entertainment. A couple months ago I began to tire of conservative websites, too, that are themselves giving undue publicity to the whackjobs and everything they say. I'm not interested in what some evil idiot in Congress or at some college has to say. It's already clear what little intellect Creepy Joe had is shot, don't need daily reminders of that. Simple, common sense is that somebody without a moral compass has nothing worth listening to, see what I mean?

I started doing heavy duty, "news" tossing scans, period, pay little attention to the mainstream blather at all, many days now. I see some leftist creep's picture and don't stop scrolling down the page, now. He or she said something else stupid, like that's news? Bears do what they do in the woods, too. Yawn. I don't want to see crap news of bent talking heads, moronic entertainment shows, like situation comedies making light of evil you can't find a laugh in, or violent action stuff for psycho mentalities, don't want to see any Hollywood garbage, comes right down to it, if I want to have the best day.

People should not even allow too much garbage into their brains, at all, should develop internal pay no mind lists, stop allowing those aspects of our characters that are sound, of righteous sensitivities, to be assaulted, at all. Anymore, give me the word of God, talking heads be damned.

Psalms 118:8-9 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.

Psalms 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

edit on 30-6-2021 by Scrutinizing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I went full Elvis on my television over a decade ago.
Don't miss it a bit.
Maxi-pad commercial in the middle of my Godzilla movie, say hello to 12 gauge buckshot.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I call it a "digital detox" and I think its nearly imperative to do every so often.

7-10 days seems about right. This gives enough time to detox from the constant dopamine hits and mechanisms of addiction that are on nearly every platform.

On top of that though, I have no TV. I have the physical object of the TV and use it constantly, just not in the traditional sense. There are people doing things like making videos and livestreams that give me the same entertainment value, frequently much better and without the shenanigans.

I think the overall concepts and premises of the online world arent so big of a problem on their own, but when every platform literally creates addicts for increased engagement.. I think its a serious problem. Particularly when this is combined with Brand loyalty, tribalism, politics, and extreme emotions.

I believe typical broadcast television is as obsolete as it is toxic. Right alongside politics/politicians, the media, and pretty much every social platform in existence. Folks just havent really figured it out yet and there is a dearth of alternatives.
edit on 30-6-2021 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join