It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My concerns are not of this world - thoughts on Simulation Theory; Mandela Effect & Flat Earth.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Sorry for the late reply. I believe this covers the first experiment...

wiki.tfes.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Also, if you google "Laser gyroscope Earth rotation," you will find more about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Why are we here? On this planet, in this solar system, in this galaxy and in this universe?
We can see so much from our telescopes. It is vast and endless.
How is it that all of this is here? How was it created? Is it real?
We are infinitely small in the face of all of it.
Our day to day pettiness is absolutely worthless in comparison.

It would be easier to believe it is a simulation, Matrix like. It still leaves us with the same question, why?

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

The level of snobbery and intellectual grandstanding in this thread is truly staggering.

Astrophysics, cosmology and astronomy are far from complete or concrete sciences. Hence the terms Dark Matter and Dark Energy.

When you factor in our bewilderment when it comes to the sub atomic world there's still a great deal of mystery surrounding this experience we call reality.

I didn't realise i was in the presence of a Pantomath, my autodidactic nature suggests this may be an ego driven illusion.

I've seen it argued that our universe is homogenous and isotropic, which appears to be the general theme of the "science" peddled in this thread, we are nothing special, just a grain of sand in an infinite universe.

To those people i ask, how can our observations and measurements of the CMB temperature show a correlation and alignment of our quadrupole and octupole axis? That's one hell of a coincidence in a random and isotropic universe.
edit on 27/6/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

People are dumb....really dumb...

Dug88, that is hilarious! Also, spot on elegant a response, nailing it, in so few common words. If you can come up with more like that, you can quit your day job! Cheers...

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
They are called disinformation campaigns and psychological operations/deceptions.

Their purpose is to confuse the minds and perceived realities of the ignorant, lazy and gulible people that would fall for such things, as a way of disadvantaging those people, and under the justification that those people could and should know better if they weren't do ignorant, lazy, and gulible.

You just described organized religion, politics, in fact most human endeavors where "control" is needed to accomplish a goal.

"there's a sucker born every minute" PTB

edit on 27-6-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I find the concepts of reincarnation an resurrection even more game like, where as reincarnation would be like starting a new game over an over again until you find the right build, where as resurrection like saving an loading the avatar after death or complete annihilation( power outages).

I heard there is a place in the sky that saves things an keeps tracks all your data like a giant book of life.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There appears to be more faith needed in science than most religions. Curious.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
The question is still the same isn’t it?

Why?

And the answer remains.

Why not?

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I believe in multiple universes. But the mandela effect is dumb as can be and allnof it easily explained away. For example, magic mirror on the wall. It always said that probably, you're gonna go with our world jumpedninto another universe or the simple fact that Disney released snow white twice, in the 50s and the 80s. So unless you stole a feel of the film, you only saw it once per release if old enough, once period if not old enough, or if you were a hardcore can twice (maybe per release). But for our sake we will say until like 2001 when the video was released, everyone here saw it once or twice. Isn't it a lot less moronic to think that ok if always said magic mirror and I wouldnt remember just seeing if one time ever and my memories of mirror mirror on the wall come from Grimm's version and/or every other version, storybook, and parody I've seen all my life which just so happen to always use the mirror mirror line? And it's just moronic people too proud to admit or too dumb to understand that they're/how not geniuses they are.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Changes in the bible alone convinced me there is something fishy going on.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
There appears to be more faith needed in science than most religions. Curious.

I love this assessment more than I can express.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The nature of reality is an absolutely facinating subject and there isn't a single day that goes by where I don't think of it at least once.

I learned to astral project a few years ago and have totally changed by view on life since I started doing it, Ive been able to see and interact with relatives that passed long ago and viewed some of my past lives. This may come to be a bit of a surprise to some (it sure was to me) but everyone does indeed have a gardian who watches over us at all times. It's led me to believe that we are for sure in a simulation, this simulation is a sort of school for us to learn and experience this 3rd dimension. If anyone here is Interested in astral projecting I would highly recommend reading books by William Buhlman.

As for the flat earth theory I can't buy it but will say I find the rays that come through clouds at different angles to be quite odd, the ones where if you draw an intersecting lines from them all they converge very close to the earth instead of 90 million miles away like their supposed to. I'm sure theirs some sort of scientific explanation for this Im not currently aware of.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Why are we here? On this planet, in this solar system, in this galaxy and in this universe?
We can see so much from our telescopes. It is vast and endless.
How is it that all of this is here? How was it created? Is it real?
We are infinitely small in the face of all of it.
Our day to day pettiness is absolutely worthless in comparison.

It would be easier to believe it is a simulation, Matrix like. It still leaves us with the same question, why?

Well it was proved in the last hundred years that like it or not (science people always get so pissy when you don't put things in the exact analogies they like), this reality we find ourselves in renders. As in there is nothing there in any given place but functions for an infinite number of possible states of existing and not until the moment a conscious being becomes aware of that space, does the universe decide on one of those possibilities and renders it faster than the blink of an eye. If we could overload the situation we could get a Wolfenstein or Doom kind of boxes filling in effect perhaps when we turn to look behind us...let's hope we all have a no clipping code in case it gets us stuck. Some scientists say that in an infinite universe of actual infinite time and space, there would exist actual limitlessness but instead we have light, which makes up everything even matter, which is blocked at a certain speed from accelerating. So they hypothesize that the speed of light may be the processing speed which the "computer" running the simulation processes at and it's a processing speed we could even reach by 2500 or 3000AD. All way too speculative but the simple fact exists, the world renders only when being observed. Unless a bird is flying overhead, that barren spot in the middle of the Sahara or Antarctica doesn't actually exist right now and wont till some unlucky traveler or lost penguin stumbles upon it.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

The answer to the why is not positive. There seems to be intelligence behind this simulation and it is not a lovingly father/mother type of intelligence towards humans. Its something along the lines of the movie Dark city, annunaki type, or matrix movie. Whatever intelligence is out there its using humans for its own benefit.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine
Too bad it is BS.

Are you saying that someone can stand stand in front of a bullet or a train and as long as they don't have faith in science they will walk away unharmed?

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bartholomeo
a reply to: wdkirk

The answer to the why is not positive. There seems to be intelligence behind this simulation and it is not a lovingly father/mother type of intelligence towards humans. Its something along the lines of the movie Dark city, annunaki type, or matrix movie. Whatever intelligence is out there its using humans for its own benefit.

If it’s a simulation, why would they have any emotion for the data? And if your just a simulation, why would you care?

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I would like to see you all tell those working the building collapse in Florida this is just a simulation.

Anyway. How about this.

Sometimes fiction imitates life?

In the first film, it is stated that Skynet was created by Cyberdyne Systems for SAC-NORAD. When Skynet gained self-awareness, humans tried to deactivate it, prompting it to retaliate with a nuclear attack,

en.m.wikipedia.org...(Terminator)

Maybe using Skynet as an example of AI becoming self aware. We became self aware of the simulation, and those that created the simulation are no longer in control. We are Skynet.

I guess no matter the form of intelligence, self ware is self aware.

edit on 2-7-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If you think about it, it’s the same old theme with a modern twist.

When the world was just natural vs supernatural, it was god or gods.

Or a dream in a dream.

When science took more of ahold, and biological science became more main stream. You have the concept of Frankenstein melting in to alien bioengineering / planet seeding.

Now that virtual reality is coupled with AI, it’s a simulation.

Trying to explain existence that has changed as our cultures and knowledge has change. But being defined by the language and context of the present.

Still the same basic concept. Sometime more than us created us and defines our reality.
edit on 2-7-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hi Folks,

Wondering if anybody can help a 'newbie' to ATS out ?

Is there a section on here for 'flat earth', or is this it, individual threads ?

Just, er, you know, interested...!

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join