It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alone Without Wanting To Be

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

America seems to be experiencing a wave of fear and loneliness, combined with anger, confusion and a distrust of their fellowman. Even to the point of some calling for a revolution, violent, lock and load, blood in the streets solution. Was Jan 6 a precursor of things to come?
The etiology seems to have its roots planted in the Obama administration. But my question is...what is the underlying cause of Americas current atmosphere of malaise. The Covid isn't the cause imo, but a symptom of the social sickness infecting this nation.

If you are a praying type, now might be a good time to ask for a divine intervention. I have...

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

America seems to be experiencing a wave of fear and loneliness, combined with anger, confusion and a distrust of their fellowman. Even to the point of some calling for a revolution, violent, lock and load, blood in the streets solution. Was Jan 6 a precursor of things to come?
The etiology seems to have its roots planted in the Obama administration. But my question is...what is the underlying cause of Americas current atmosphere of malaise. The Covid isn't the cause imo, but a symptom of the social sickness infecting this nation.

If you are a praying type, now might be a good time to ask for a divine intervention. I have...

Personally. I think our finding someone or something to blame for our failings and our woes, may be a big contributor.

Social media supplies a lot of material to use for making ourselves miserable. Individual thought, critical thinking, and responsibility for self, are becoming characteristics that, are quickly dying.

When we stop blaming others, and stop looking to the internet for validation and to justify our discontent, maybe we will be able to see what is going on in our real world does not match what is being portrayed in the virtual world. Maybe we will realize we are being manipulated. To what end? By the time they reveal that, it will be too late.

The America you speak of, does not resemble the real world I live in at all. It doesn't resemble the real world of my rural community, and it does not resemble the local urban areas. I am not saying I live in a perfect real world bubble. Bad things happen here also, and people can be absolute jack asses, but they are the exception, not the rule.

The best thing people that think of America as you describe can do, is unplug. You become what you consume. We need to stop consuming, lies and hate.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The best thing people that think of America as you describe can do, is unplug. You become what you consume. We need to stop consuming, lies and hate.

You're right of course...

I need to avoid the "mud pit" and most political forums on ATS.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join