It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alone Without Wanting To Be

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
The awkwardness is high now lol.
Back to topic!

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Yeah, I can feel it too but someone has to tell you how high rated you are.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If it's about the acceleration thing (where except for my daughter that is 1st priority, my life revolves around), one get's used to the high speed because we have unrestricted roads here.

We grow up with it kind of.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
If it's about the acceleration thing (where except for my daughter that is 1st priority, my life revolves around), one get's used to the high speed because we have unrestricted roads here.

We grow up with it kind of.

I got no clue about the acceleration thing but you got me with "unrestricted roads". Kind of hot, but I know it wasn't what you mean so I better shut up and drink water now.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I was suggesting the OP should try dating again, not you two. But hey live and let love.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've got a Bardolino here waiting for me, not been drinking in months. Only downside is I did not get my favorite sheep cheese but all other ingredients I have.

@surfer_soul, I agree. It's important to provide some background chatter to fill the thread and thus simulate the real environment.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alexandrae

You have some replies in here with great suggestions. I hope that you find something that works for you. Hugs!

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Important thing is to stay positive

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is sad to hear. I'm afraid many people have a similar story though. I have not got the vaccine, don't wear a mask, and have not stopped going out in public or to see friends and family. The vaccine is your choice. I'm not going to knock anyone for it. As for the other things, I refuse to stop living my life due to fear. It will not win. I hope things get better for you.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I'm known by my predilection for cheap wines, without sacrificing quality too much. Chilean wine. Bardolino too.

Yesterday I found Casillero del Diablo on sale. Couldn't resist 2 bottles for less than 20 bucks.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It wasn't expensive but I would not use it for cooking either. On special occasions only. I've also have a bottle 18year old Glenmorangie here. We're on topic now because I bought it in case someone turns up for my birthday, that didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
personally like animals more then most people !…. There’s are a lot of crappy people out there .most friends are like seasons , they come and go ….. .but there are a lot of good people around too…. I agree with joining a club of some sorts …moose club, VFW , cooking club , or volunteer at a local charity . … as long as you live you should enjoy life , dance , eat out , etc… don’t stop . And if you’re friends left you , then they weren’t friends … time to go Find some good ones !!!
And if you’re in the Florida keys , you can come hang with us ! Our group is all ages , and going strong ! Lots to see and do in the keys .

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
For the majority of my life there's been someone there. Wonderful times and I do miss them so but on the plus side I have full control of the remote. I'm enjoying independence just as I did before the bludgeon of covid was unleashed. But there's def a different flavor to my public interactions because of the fear that's being beaten into folks heads. What's to be afraid of, really. Microbes live in us, on us and all around us by the millions. They out weigh us as a species and occupy a special place in out DNA...more than 8% isn't it? If i get the urge there's always someone on skype willing to play. Best to avoid the crushing impact of what's going on around us and focus on people who don't deal in negativity. If we can put a woman on the orbital space station I'm sure we can put one on you.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
It wasn't expensive but I would not use it for cooking either. On special occasions only. I've also have a bottle 18year old Glenmorangie here. We're on topic now because I bought it in case someone turns up for my birthday, that didn't happen.

I never tried Glenmorangie but trust you if you tell me it's good. Happy birthday.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Lol my birthday was a while ago, sorry if I confused you, but thank you

Glenmorangie has a flowery ghost / smell and is a single malt scotch with an almond taste and on some days, vanilla taste sweeps over the tongue.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   
You see there are nice people here too, look at the many sub forums we have. Yes it's not like physical interaction but it's easy to find someone nice to chat about almost anything here.

edit on 27.6.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I don't know just what the answer is... but I know times are changing and people are changing and it's all very odd...

But on the plus side -- Welcome to our ATS Family!!! You will never be alone here, and there's always someone to talk to and things to discuss, even if it takes a while for folks to get back to you. We have our crazy uncles, the pearl clutching aunts, cousins of all kinds, and the kids playing and running everywhere spoiling everyone's board games, even the eccentrics (I'm probably one of the latter)... We've got it all!

And now you're part of us.

Enjoy the crazy!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Hey Alex, I'm also an old fart but if one day you pass by NJ, let me know. We can go fishing or something brother.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

LOL...is that what you thought I meant??? LOL!!

No, I meant go chat up all the pretty girls right during the sermon!! /sarcasm

SMH!

ETA - That, or don't go to the sermon at all and just park outside in an old Ford van with no windows and "Free Candy" hand painted on the side!
(JUST kidding!) LOL!

edit on 6/27/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We need to test our faith all the time

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join