It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta variant has mutated in India, dubbed: Delta Plus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.wsj.com...

I saw this news a couple of days ago, but WSJ didn't post it till today.

They are going the "We are not sure yet" road, but Indian officials say it contains features that cause concern.

But studies done on other variants containing the mutation indicate it might help the virus sidestep some of the body’s immune response. Lab research also indicates that the mutation might diminish the effectiveness of some monoclonal antibody treatments.

So we have to sit on the fence with this one.

With two Deltas around, they will probably win over the previous strains seeing how aggressively the first variant is moving through the UK, and in Israel.

Several Delta cases has been found in Denmark as well during the last couple of days.

Delta & Delta Plus, should give rise to concern as evidence from the UK, shows that even fully vaccinated people get hospitalized and die from it. In israel's latest outbreak 90% of the cases were Delta strain. 50% of those were fully vaccinated when they got infected.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: flice
Enough with the Covid already

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Enough with the Covid already

Covid disagrees.....

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
whatever. When it's your time to go, you go. Make sure you don't have regrets and smile. And never pass up a beer. ever.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Wow covid is starting to sound like and insurance choice, delta, delta plus, regular covid, maxed covid, you can choose the best under your covid coverage, need 50 yearly shots to cover all of them, can never be to safe, yes sir.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Wow covid is starting to sound like and insurance choice, delta, delta plus, regular covid, maxed covid, you can choose the best under your covid coverage, need 50 yearly shots to cover all of them, can never be to safe, yes sir.

Haha! Yeah, I guess it got envious now that Win 11 is out xD

On a serious note; I have a bad feeling that even though we are vaxxing a lot of people, this is not over. We will probably have another nasty fall :S And imagine the summer vacations beginning in a few weeks.
People moving around and letting go because they are fatigued...
Denmark has opened up for travelling to all EU :S

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Another thing worth noting;

In Denmark, near contacts to the near contacts will be sent to isolation if a case of Delta is found.
That's a lot of people :S

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Regardless of what WSJ states about severity, this is what was told to one Indian newspaper last tuesday:

This decision was announced on Tuesday (June 22) after scientists working at a consortium of genomic sequencing labs told the government they had found evidence suggesting the new variant is more transmissible, with stronger binding to lung cells and a potential resistance to treatment by monoclonal antibodies.

www.straitstimes.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So it’s Double Plus Good?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Its fine just put on 4 masks

Also the vaccine is now a full gallon injection spread out in 10 ml doses over the course of a year to be taken yearly

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!
We’re all gonna DIE!!!

What, wait no refrigerator trucks no people yelling bring out your dead

So just another day riddled with CoNViD BS Copy that

Continue on with life unless your took the gene therapy or are old and currently dying of pre existing conditions copy that

Thanks for the update 👍

SaneThinking

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Do you think Delta Airlines can use this to their advantage for some special rates?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is the one with the symptoms of:-
Runny Nose
Itchy Eyes
Maybe a rash
Maybe a sore throat

Hmmmmm. HayFever?

Can't wait for Covid 21 next Flu season. Call it the Big Flu Variant.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Covid is been around for a long time, is been here, we all have it under a bad common cold, once or twice, it was tampered with in China, making more lethal those that have health problems just like the flu does yearly, killing many when it have a mutation.

Covid is not going anywhere as is no vaccines for viruses of any kind, but like the flu a shot is needed yearly to fight the mutations of the year before.

The same way I do not worry about the flu I do not worry about covid, I will not get the shot as I do not trust the technology, the body can fight this like any other viruses if the person is healthy and not full with the one size fit all big pharma miracle treatments, many people do not see that some of the common medications big pharma prescribe for all this days actually lower the immune system.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Oh, Flu is done, is all covid now, pharma just rename Flu to covid, to make new treatments, what kills is pneumonia, specially on the sick and elderly.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
How long before Delta changes the name of their Delta Plus miles program?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Double secret probation, sir?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You just make me laugh soo funny, I knew it sounded familiar,

I guess HWO is running out of names for the new covids in the market

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What about the other remaining letters of the Greek Alphabet?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Lol.

Isn't the Delta Plus the new vacuum by Dyson?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join