It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relevant Random Quotes?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
"I tend to view the whole thing as a conspiracy. It is no accident that the public schools in the United States are pure s*** . It is no accident that masses of drugs are available and openly used at all levels of society.. In a way, the real business of government is the business of controlling the labour force.
Social pressure is placed on people to become a certain type of individual, and then rewards are heaped on people who conform to that stereotype".

Frank Zappa.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Some great and very apt quotes there mate - did not know that about Hubbard and Drucker.

Thought this pic and this pic also raised a few fair points.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Got to love Frank Zappa mate - very wise chap and he was calling it decades ago.

Had a bit of a holiday and watched vids from that YT channel you recommended - truly excellent stuff.

Pic:

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Yep, hitting on target.

Quote/illustration source from MASS PSYCHOSIS - How an Entire Population Becomes MENTALLY ILL (short vid)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Hope you had a good break and enjoyed yourself.

It's a great channel for sure. Very interesting topics and plenty of things and people to look into further.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Welcome back Karl, to the Brave New World.

"It’s only going to get weirder. The level of contradiction is going to rise excruciatingly even beyond the excruciating present levels of contradiction. So, I think it’s just going to get weirder and weirder and weirder and, finally, it’s going to be so weird that people are going to have to talk about how weird it is…. Eventually, people are going to say ‘what the hell is going on?’ It’s just too nuts. It’s not enough to say it’s nuts. You have to explain why it’s so nuts."
― Terrence McKenna, Psychedelic-Prophet, 1998 via Armageddon Prose

Pharma State to Peasants: Take Your Soma and Back to Sleep, Sweetheart.

“The greatest care is taken to prevent you from loving anyone too much. There’s no such thing as a divided allegiance; you’re so conditioned that you can’t help doing what you ought to do. And what you ought to do is on the whole so pleasant, so many of the natural impulses are allowed free play, that there really aren’t any temptations to resist. And if ever, by some unlucky chance, anything unpleasant should somehow happen, why, there’s always soma to give you a holiday from the facts.”
― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World (1931)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Came across this youtube channel: Quotes worth sharing

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Hope you had a good break and enjoyed yourself.

Sure did amigo - looks like things have gone pretty batsh•t crazy in the world but did like this quote from Dennis Healey.

Thanks for keeping the quotes coming my friend - some truly insightful ones there.

Came across this warning from Albert Einstein and apparently the source is good.

link

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Whoa boy! Regardless if Mr. Einstein said it or not that warning is now here, it's happening. I've noticed the past several years to make an informed decision on just about anything, one has to spend hours, days, or even weeks researching till you're red in the eyes due to all the 'noise' only to be left with a choice(s) that may or may not be right for you. Crazy times!

Disaster, collapse, the great fall, the great dying, call it what you want...is coming..and a new world will be born circa 2030s, imo.

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

That guy gets it.

"The beauty of reading a page of de Selby is that it leads one inescapably to the happy conviction that one is not, of all nincompoops, the greatest."

du Garbandier.
edit on 24102021 by Tulpa because: changed original

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Classic stuff mate and got to love the word 'nincompoop' (plenty of them about these days).

Here's an old but relevant one from Elena Gorokhova.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Nincompoop is an excellent word.
Been reading some Flann O'Brien novels again recently. One of a small number of fiction writers who I still like. I usually read The Third Policeman every year just for the joy of his use of language.

Like when the narrator, whos name we never learn, exclaims. ..."I was completely half afraid to think!"

The conversation with a murder victim (Old Mathers) is hilarious and indescribable, too.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

“Know, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.” - Robert E. Howard (from Conan)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Nincompoop is an excellent word.

It truly is mate - magnificent word.

Have recently been impressed by the ramblings of H.L. Mencken and also enjoy his use of the word 'hobgoblin'.

Very astute chap for his time and we need more people like him.

Been reading some Flann O'Brien novels again recently. One of a small number of fiction writers who I still like. I usually read The Third Policeman every year just for the joy of his use of language.

Will seek that out and read it mate - thanks for the recommendation (have just finished 'Shogun' by James Clavell and it's still a winner).

If I could recommend one fiction book that blew me away this year then it's Michel Faber's 'Under the Skin'.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

That one by Milan Kundera is pretty deep my friend.. and is probably exactly what's going on.

We all need to keep happy, healthy and effective so here's a Charlie Chaplin one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join