It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relevant Random Quotes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainep
I watched movies in original English audio before I started to roam this English forum. I understood most of the time. I registered on ATS (but lost my first account due to a gmail deletion) but I had a hard time formulating my own thoughts.

Writing with an English penfriend helped a lot and writing here too. I got some help but I know I still have a lot of grammar mistakes left. Like all the tense-forms. Yawn, my OCD isn't strong enough and no one complained yet.

I can not judge myself if I am emphatic or not. Don't misjudge the amount of text I write, because type very fast. With all the chatting, my fingers now just do what I think and I think in English, when I converse in English. So the fingers just do it themselves. Except this red line notifies me I f up the vocabulary. The spell check really keeps me afloat here because I can change the word until it looks correct and it's not red underlined anymore. A real blessing for you all

Sometimes I can not remember and I am surprised that the text I revisited was not in the language I expected it to be. Vocally, I am a mess since I lisp I also never got the English tones correct. Railroad is a very funny word to me.

Because of US subtitles and computer games, I adopted the US-english and now I am stuck with using words from both english styles

It's quarter to eleven at the evening here but have a nice day too

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Great movie and script lines!

"The World is a Corporation" (Network, 1976)

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I want a mad as hell for future-friday, where this is appreciated and expected!

Where we all yell this at our local green parties. Just like bridges, every country has these, too.
edit on 2.7.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Great movie and script lines!

"The World is a Corporation" (Network, 1976)

That my friend is one of the best speeches ever to wake people up about the reality in which they are living in.

Howard is a legend.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

"Am I getting through to you Mr Beale?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2-7-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Ah, yes indeed. Another one of your threads that blew my mind clear to Saturn. Who needs to make up wild conspiracy theories when the facts are even more unbelievable and bizarro the further one digs.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Writing with an English penfriend helped a lot and writing here too. I got some help but I know I still have a lot of grammar mistakes left. Like all the tense-forms. Yawn, my OCD isn't strong enough and no one complained yet.

On the brighter side English is a secondary language for you and your certainly clearer than some American writing styles I have come across! Thankfully this site has some stellar writers so threads are almost always a breeze to read, but some sites threads are difficult to read through for me.

I can not judge myself if I am emphatic or not.

Just a heads up the word I used was empathetic not emphatic. Some definitions to broaden your vocabulary if your interested:
Emphatic - 1 : uttered with or marked by emphasis

Empathetic - involving, characterized by, or based on empathy

Empathy - the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner

Don't misjudge the amount of text I write, because type very fast. With all the chatting, my fingers now just do what I think and I think in English, when I converse in English. So the fingers just do it themselves. Except this red line notifies me I f up the vocabulary. The spell check really keeps me afloat here because I can change the word until it looks correct and it's not red underlined anymore. A real blessing for you all

This put a smile on my face reading this, I loved this whole paragraph it was very charming

Vocally, I am a mess since I lisp I also never got the English tones correct.

Just remember that what you see as an imperfection others may see as adorable, just saying :3

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Emphatic - 1 : uttered with or marked by emphasis

Empathetic - involving, characterized by, or based on empathy

Well, lol that explains some misunderstandings I encountered here
. I appreciate it very much!

The only thing I can say about this that since my senses are wired all together (Synesthesia), I always felt pain for others, could relate to their feelings if it's that. (ADD: this, one of many possible connections between senses, is called mirror-touch Synesthesia). Yes I am a social, sometimes awesome social awkward penguin

You know we heavy derail this thread? It means we are so much offtopic that ATS mods will soon step in and give us a spanking if we do not stop.

edit on 3.7.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I do have a detached 3-stall garage so guess I better get busy. I'll start with building a faraday cage over it.🤔💥

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark (pg 241)

Hey caught that one on the DJ video mate - truly appropriate quote.

Did like this one from Morgan.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Not a quote but a very interesting question anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark (pg 241)

Hey caught that one on the DJ video mate - truly appropriate quote.

Yep. Sometimes I like to fact check DJ out of curiosity, especially quotes, which often lead me down another path of research. Good Morgan quote.

I came across the quote from Graham Hancock forum board and on Rense.com Amazing this guy is still alive!

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Ah yes mate read this book a few years back and the guy should he behind bars.

A compelling polemic that makes Hitler seem like a straightforward kinda guy..

E-book: The Trial of Henry Kissinger by Christopher Hitchens

Considering the heritage of certain organisations (and the reformation of others) we could well be in need of a new Nuremberg.

Thought this was another good one from Thomas Sowell.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny."
- C.S. Lewis

Barbara Marx Hubbard (1929-2019) had her name placed in nomination for Vice President in 1984... the Chair of the DNC at that time was Nancy Pelosi.

Barbara Marx Hubbard was a founding member of The World Future Society in 1966...

The World Future Society was founded in 1966 by Edward Cornish, with the purpose of gathering together brilliant minds to tackle the current challenges affecting the world.

Prominent members and contributors have included Ray Kurzweil, Peter Drucker, Carl Sagan, Arthur C. Clarke, Gene Roddenberry, and Neil deGrasse Tyson.

...And wouldn't you know, Peter Drucker was a prominent member.

Peter Drucker was the person who devised the management system for Mega Churches...

Peter Drucker: Father of the Communitarian Church Growth Movement

At least three of her books were funded by her benefactor, the late Laurance S. Rockefeller, through his Fund for the Enhancement of the Human Spirit. She thanks Rockefeller in her books for his generous support over the years. And she specifically thanks him for his “intuition about the ‘Christ of the 21st Century.’”

Source: Barbara Marx Hubbard: Her New Age Christ’s Selection Process [PDF]

Rockefeller, Prometheus, that famous Rockefeller UFO briefing document.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
"Never has humankind been expected to swallow so much from a handful of bull# people".

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join