It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relevant Random Quotes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well it's been said that truth does not mind being questioned (and lies don't like being challenged) so in this time of promoted division, mainstream censorship and general bulsh•ttery thought there were some random but appropriate quotes below.

If anyone agrees or disagrees or just wants to add some more then please do.

Dr Chuba Okadigbo:

Ron Paul:

Thomas Sowell:

George Carlin:

Bruce Coville:

Harry Truman:

Albert Camus:

George Orwell:

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
All good. Though, they be seen through a lense that gets them to a point of light they like. We all see what we like.

Sorry folks, you just don't see things beyond what you want to see.

All my good dogs go to heaven.
edit on 24-6-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
''We have met the enemy and he is us''

Pogo

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

From the generation that saved the world...

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
''You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.''

Attributed to Lincoln.

''You can fool enough of the people enough of the time''

Terry McGuire

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Awesome!

No.3 reminds me of the T-shirt I just bought. You’re going to have to click due to T & C’s.

www.teepublic.com...#-your-feelings

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The world is a little less bright, since we lost Mr. Carlin. Dangerous man, making us both laugh at ourselves, and think.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Questioning truth and challenging lies does no good if it's done with memes, homemade signs, caps and tees.

Just ask all the people who bought MAGA hats and American flag tee-shirts.

And all those quotes that seem like they mean something or have special powers to wake the woke can be memed and passed around until the cows come home on flying pigs, it has no affect whatsoever on those in charge of the tyranny.

If anyone, with discretion and discernment, has deciphered the info available from all sources, then it should be evident that America is a weakened nation.

You would think with something like 9/11 America would be stronger than German steel.

Instead, America gets attacked, Americans lose freedoms and rights, an American president goes on an apology tour uniting America's enemies while dividing American citizens.

Completely. Back. Asswards.

Maybe the many memes of quotes didn't reach everybody.

Computers and phones will not set us free, if anything they're tools of imprisonment used to make prisoners think they're free.

Blood, sweat, and tears. That's how you achieve and maintain freedom. That's how you overcome adversaries.

Memes can be funny and thought provoking. Memes can also be deceitful.

edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Ima spellchecka

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Number 3 by Sowell

Emotions neither prove nor disprove facts. There was a time when any rational adult understood this. But years of dumbed-down education and emphasis on how people “feel” have left too many people unable to see through this media gimmick.

In grade school I had a teacher (1956) that taught us kiddies present present our thoughts by saying ''I feel'' rather than ''I think''.
The justification of using the word ''feel'' instead of ''think'' was that you had to defend and argue for what you think while by saying ''I feel'' you did not have to do either either of those, it was simply, this is how I feel.

At the time, I understood this as a means of self expression but did not understand it as a means to knowledge or for that matter truth. At that time I also had another teacher that taught us that all information was filtered though the prism of our own perceptions and that these perceptions are highly unreliable allies when it comes to discerning what is true and what is not.

I"ve spent most of my life since that time when I was ten trying to figure out what any of that meant and have found that ''divorcing ones perception of reality from ones feelings'' and ''understanding how important our feelings are'' are best used in tandem. Juxtaposing ''evaluating reality with myself as part of the equation'' and ''evaluating it with myself out of the equation''. Not an easy task.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Final answer!

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Random crap.

Just got a check for $167 for some sort of old car warranty. Then got another letter from ATT saying they are sending me a new phone because my old one won't work with the new network.

Winner, winner chicken diner?

My old car is in the dump, and I really never use my private cell phone. It is usually out of power on the table.

I have a phone that work makes me have, and it sits in my office. Don't use it much.

SO much for that.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Havamal

I'm not sure I'm following you.

I was referring to a book title in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.

edit on 6/24/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

I found this a wonderful expression on the OP. I especially liked your take down on memes of being of any value other than part of our dumbing down process, if that indeed is what you were saying

Here I have to resort to mentioning another teacher of mine, this time a senior lit professor in my senior year. He insisted that the use of cliches would get any of his students a failure for that paper or test. He taught that cliches , we did not have the word meme in those days, did nothing to stimulate ones mind but rather made us dependent upon accepting them as a general ''filler'' to cover up the fact that there was really no ''substance'' behind their use.

I think ''memes'' are symbolic. And that becoming to attached to memes or symbols obscures our relationship with what ever it is that they are symbolic of. Examples abound.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Read the whole series. Great stuff. I was being obsceure. Random. A whale in orbit. A petunia. Yout know what I mean.

Oh, that mouse....

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
"Do not seek appreciation by doing good deeds, instead do it with a shining heart and you will be loved and appreciated just like the sun"

- translated, some person that made a woven portrait once upon a time.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

You carry your own basket through life, and sometimes it is full, and at other times it is empty. At what point is the basket most fulfilling to you?

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join