It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress to receive Pentagon UFO report TODAY

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Yep, am aware.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
The original statement is wrong. You don't need to travel faster than light to cover vast distances. Traveling at light speed is enough”……”Sadly, faster than light speed is not allowed in your Universe. Fortunately….”

Ah but then there is the human…..“Need for Speed” (Tom Cruise - Top Gun)

Interesting article …. Spacecraft in a ‘warp bubble’ could travel faster than light, claims physicist

Source: physicsworld.com...

…..” Lentz proposes that conventional energy sources could be capable of arranging the structure of space–time in the form of a soliton – a robust singular wave. This soliton would act like a “warp bubble’”, contracting space in front of it and expanding space behind. Unlike objects within space–time, space–time itself can bend, expand or warp at any speed. Therefore, a spacecraft contained in a hyperfast bubble could arrive at its destination faster than light would in normal space without breaking any physical laws, even Einstein’s cosmic speed limit.…..”

….” Though he recognizes these huge hurdles to building a warp drive, Lentz feels they are not insurmountable. “This work has moved the problem of faster-than-light travel one step away from theoretical research in fundamental physics and closer to engineering,” he says.…..”

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Thought Direne was a bot. Least that was what was spinning around.

edit on 17-6-2021 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Thought Direne was a bot. Least that was what was spinning around.

hehehe…an ATS cloud bot……hmmmm

edit on 17-6-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Lol. I recall Kevin been friendly with it and vice versa. Quite the stories that spun around some moons ago. Anyway back to the discussion, don't wish to derail the thread over Direne.

edit on 17-6-2021 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift The USAF issued a report in 1995 the stated that the UFO case was closed. If they come forward with anything it would just cloud their truthfulness. Well, that my guess anyway. The organization that most concerns me is the FBI. Their honesty over the last few years is highly questionable as well. The USN seems to be more credible with just classifying the UAP contacts rather than issuing the famous USAF "Case Closed" document.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This report by the Pentagon will reveal very little new info, and will reveal nothing that affirms the UFO's ARE alien crafts.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yes, that's the old Alcubierre's solution. However, note that the warp bubble is the one moving faster than light, not the spacecraft. The spacecraft still requires some propulsion once inside the warp bubble (it doesn't float magically). But if the warp bubble would really work, why using it to accelerate your spaceship? Why not using it to accelerate whatever object you wish and bring it towards you?

On the other hand, there is the acute problem of braking and getting your ship to a standstill. Slowing down an object that travels at light speed is really the problem. A serious one. I do not think traveling, whatever the speed, is something an advanced civilization would be interested in. Standing still in a perfect motionless state is a more challenging problem. A sufficiently advanced civilization wouldn't come to visit you: they would wait for you to go.

That's what carnivorous plants do.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Is that all we can expect from you? I mean, can you do better, or bullying is all you have to offer??

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here's an interesting quote I came across in an article from the Guardian:

"Last week Luis Elizondo, the former director of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, told the Washington Post that UAPs posed a serious threat.

“In this country we’ve had incidents where these UAPs have interfered and actually brought offline our nuclear capabilities,” he said.

“We also have data suggesting that in other countries these things have interfered with their nuclear technology and actually turned them on, put them online.”

I'm always fascinated by the potential connection between UAP's and nuclear weapons facilities. Jim Marrs' book, "Alien Agenda" points out that there was a massive uptick in UAP sightings that corresponded with the advent of the nuclear age on Earth.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
I'm always fascinated by the potential connection between UAP's and nuclear weapons facilities. Jim Marrs' book, "Alien Agenda" points out that there was a massive uptick in UAP sightings that corresponded with the advent of the nuclear age on Earth.

There may be a correlation but causality would be hard to prove. It might just have to do with everybody looking up into the sky more to spot those damned Commies and their nukes flying in. More UFOs are generally reported when people have more time and opportunity to be outdoors.

The Contactees said aliens didn't like our nukes. Other than causing some electrical interference (which diminished when the shielded cables were installed), the UFOs visiting nuke sites seemed more curious than aggressive. If they wanted to steal our nukes because we're bad babies, they could have. But they didn't.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Gandalf77

There may be a correlation but causality would be hard to prove. It might just have to do with everybody looking up into the sky more to spot those damned Commies and their nukes flying in. More UFOs are generally reported when people have more time and opportunity to be outdoors.

The Contactees said aliens didn't like our nukes. Other than causing some electrical interference (which diminished when the shielded cables were installed), the UFOs visiting nuke sites seemed more curious than aggressive. If they wanted to steal our nukes because we're bad babies, they could have. But they didn't.

That’s only because they inserted programming into the nukes, to blow up in their own silos. Why waist time lobbing nukes across the sky’s, when you could do a fair amount of destruction right where they sit...with also adding nuclear winter in the atmosphere….

If they can turn them on and off in the silos….they could also explode them in there.

Something to think about.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
That’s only because they inserted programming into the nukes, to blow up in their own silos. Why waist time lobbing nukes across the sky’s, when you could do a fair amount of destruction right where they sit...with also adding nuclear winter in the atmosphere….

If they can turn them on and off in the silos….they could also explode them in there.

I was actually a Missile Launch Office at Minot AFB in the early 80s, and unless the UFOs physically landed and got out a screwdriver and a ratchet, they didn't reprogram anything. Those things ran on old machine language. Not even so much as DOS.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

I was actually a Missile Launch Office at Minot AFB in the early 80s, and unless the UFOs physically landed and got out a screwdriver and a ratchet, they didn't reprogram anything. Those things ran on old machine language. Not even so much as DOS.

Ok …. That made me laugh (just the way you wrote it)

I don’t have a come back …right now.

I do remember the use of Ada programming language for a lot of defense stuff……decades ago

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This just in……

“ A group of senior American politicians have warned that UFOs pose “national security concerns” after getting a confidential briefing on a highly anticipated report on unidentified aerial phenomena that is set to be released later this month.

Some members of Congress were given advanced details about the contents of the Pentagon report, which is scheduled to be released before 25 June, and several said they are deeply worried about the findings.”

‘Something’s going on’: UFOs threaten national security, US politicians warn

Source dated June 17: news.google.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

ATS has removed my opinion in the past on this subject but the "Threat to National Security" is really a threat to the system and power structure the Government has created.

I think they're trying to build support to fight and imprison aliens.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

ATS has removed my opinion in the past on this subject but the "Threat to National Security" is really a threat to the system and power structure the Government has created.

Correction, or, more precisely, clarification:

They're trying to build support to discredit and deny any self-disclosure by entities associated with the UAP's that might run counter to the existing governmental power/authority structure.

Peaceful aliens who worship no god, no hierarchical power structures, in other words "Space Hippies", might throw the governments of the World into tailspins.
edit on 17-6-2021 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

originally posted by: game over man

Correction, or, more precisely, clarification:

They're trying to build support to discredit and deny any self-disclosure by entities associated with the UAP's that might run counter to the existing governmental power/authority structure.

Peaceful aliens who worship no god, no hierarchical power structures, in other words "Space Hippies", might throw the governments of the World into tailspins.

Yup that is exactly it!!! I wonder if any Government will rebel and honor the Aliens.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

"Space Hippies"

Far out man. I love it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join