It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco Chicken Wings - Remastered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
A few years back i posted my Taco chicken wings recipe... and as it says they are truly one of the greatest treats ever!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unfortunately the method i posted all those years ago was wrong... and since i posted this thread back in 2014... I've never been able to recreate this fantastic tasting dish... basically because i forgot exactly how i used to make them... so i used a method from the internet which was WRONG

i abandoned the recipe for years because i just couldn't get the seasoning to stick right... and i couldn't figure out why... until a few days ago

Somehow i remembered how i used to make them while standing in my kitchen with a stack of raw wings wondering what kind of wings i wanted

Suddenly i recalled the taste of those amazing Taco wings i used to make years ago... and it all came back to me... to my delight and surprise they were every bit as good as i remembered... but what went wrong?!? I've attempted to make them over the years several times and only got frustration and disappointment... a tasteless mess which usually ended up with me tossing the bunch

SO here it is for every Wing fan out there....

Taco Chicken Wings - Remastered

1 pound of chicken wings

1/4 cup of flour

2 taco seasoning package (old el Paso)

1 bag of corn chips

A stick of butter

1-2 eggs

2 air tight bags

Prep work - Crush your corn chips to desired consistency in a bag... not the size of bread crumbs, you want that taco crunch! Add both packets of seasoning and your flour to a bag and mix well... Melt your butter in a bowl, scramble your eggs well and add to a separate bowl.

Now... This gets messy so buckle up IF you can't handle a mess... but its easy to clean using bags for your seasoning

Pat your Wings Dry... one at a time, coat a wing in a thin coating of butter.... toss directly into the seasoning bag and coat... from there directly into the egg wash and make sure its entirely wet... and then directly into the corn chip bag... and on to the baking sheet.

Keep in mind the more you handle these delicate wings the more seasoning you will lose... so handle them as little as possible

Once your finished.... into the preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 20 mins.... and you have to watch them... IF the corn chips start to burn it will ruin the taste

There you have it folks.... One of the best tasting Wings you will ever have

I just sad that it took me 7 years to remember exactly how they were supposed to be made

Enjoy

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I forgot to formally apologize to anyone who tried the first recipe i posted years back...

It was a disgusting mess which resulted in corn chip wings....

Fortunately this is a delicious delightful mess which i promise you will love...

Can't fix the mess though LOL

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You can afford chicken wings?
Must be nice....😛

Might try this recipe boneless.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yum!!! I saw chicken and taco and clicked rather fast. My two fave things to eat coming together, yes, please! I mean next to pizza

I am gonna try this so thank you lots for posting

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Bro, you have powers unimprovable by man or God.

I salute you.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

On a side note, Gordon Ramsay says sear them on the stovetop first, then bake to reduce oven smoke from fat rendering.

Alton Brown Steams them before baking to render out a good bit of fat tp prevent oven smoke.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

either might be a good idea too...

Though at 400 degrees they seem to cook perfectly and tender from raw... Do what you must to the wings before hand...

the Method to creating this master piece wing is the only thing thats important

Like i said i tried so many alternative methods trying to remember how i made them... all failed miserably

as long as you don't burn them and season correctly... they will be amazing

Taco and Chicken Wing... Legendary

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Just use doritos.

As soon as you pull them out the oil dust with flamin’ hot cheetos powder
edit on 14-6-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
These look good! I'll have to try them sometime, but like Bluntone said above, I might try using boneless chicken as the only change.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

i would advise against using flavored chips... Taco seasoning isn't a strong taste

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Use both. Put on rack. Let dry in fridge.

Or you can tie little strings around the knuckle and hang them individually in your chicken wing fridge.

Best investment I ever made. Chicken wing fridge. Sits next to my cheese humidifier fridge, charcuterie fridge and actually used for wine fridge

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I dunno, some things should never be combined, like a XXX/Xxxx Xxxx, which I've worked before.

I love tacos, and Herdez salsa is what I replaced tomatoes with.

Chicken wings...one of favorite foods, but must have Frank's, that's what I grew accustomed to because of my time at Xxxxxx's.

X'd out the names because why I should give anyone free advertisement.

I will try this recipe soon though. It does look like it would be yummy in muh tummy.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

Oh this recipe is necessary to try

That lovely taco taste with the amazing crunch of the fritos... all combined with the fatty butter and wing grease

They're heavenly... IF made correctly

edit on 14-6-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

I throw my wings in the deep fryer until they're brown, let them drain, pat grease off, then bake them for about ten then throw them the crock pot with a half gallon of Frank's for about 30 min.....then bake them another 10....then add more Frank's when they're in a bowl.

Sounds like work but it's worth it.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't know about this, got the sheets today and anything Taco might not be tolerated well.

Serves me right for eating so much watermelon in the last two days.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Its just the seasoning and the fritos...meat and corn chips... its not like its mexican food

Oh wait... am i allowed to say "mexican" anymore?

what are we supposed to call them now?

Far southern american land massers

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Its just the seasoning and the fritos...meat and corn chips... its not like its mexican food

Oh wait... am i allowed to say "mexican" anymore?

what are we supposed to call them now?

Far southern american land massers

I showed the picture to the wife and she said we should make that tomorrow instead of Generals chicken with rice and stir fried veggies with egg rolls. I am getting pretty good at making Chinese stuff....it's actually edible now

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

LOL nice... you're in for a treat!!

i gave up on chinese... erm... "other hemisphere dwelling folks" food years ago...

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I don't cook chicken often, but that picture sure is making me hungry. I'll have to try this sometime.

I was too curious about what you did wrong the first time, so I had to look it up.

In case anyone else is curious, here is Akragon's original Thread:
Taco Chicken Wings! Thats Right!!

[You forgot about the eggs, and instead used the butter after the seasoning/flour and before the crushed corn chips.]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join