It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's ability to rewrite history.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

What's there to even be offended by?

I could throw in some Bill Hicks quotes, but I'm causing enough thread drift.
edit on 10-6-2021 by wheresthebody because: trying to be nicer

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

That's the point I want to make, by pointing out things like this. Because we have a generation of people who do NOT seek knowledge, they rather follow one man's claims because he gripes the loudest.

If you look at what's actually going on in the world. You can see the dumbing down of the generations. For lame excuses, "I want my kids to have more freedom then I did" because their parents forced them to pay attention in school,(remember helicopter parents?)

These people had to push further for their educational goals. So they slack on their kids, "they will go to school when ready". Then they never do. So we have an entire generation that literally gave up on all forms of education and learning, for media biased, opinions and hollywood agendas.

It's important to point these things out for the generation that follows the blind. Some of their own excuses involve pushing the blame from themselves and pushing it onto others. Despite cutting class or partying with drugs.

Then wonder why the world isn't given to them. As well as having a hard time getting jobs. Throw that into the covid lock downs, and it NEEDS to be spelled out as simply as possible.

The dumb are easily manipulated by "what's trending".

Do not mistake me in that group, my agenda is clearly stated in this post.
edit on 10-6-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Like WW2. My father told me when nazis were retreating in Italy, locals knew in the next hours ally forces were coming. Locals had to hide underground the young girls before they get raped.

Not in the movies of course.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Going to Hollywood for historical accuracy is like going to Washington DC looking for honesty.

Wait a second, you telling me the documentary I saw about the guy from Die Hard blowing up an asteroid and saving the earth isn't accurate?

That was real.

But the rest isn't.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I actually saw something like that in documentary(the girls weren't included on the facts for sure- makes sense though). Something about using radio messages sent to a local bar, using keywords that gave it away? How accurate was that to your Father? I am sure he probably told you more of the situation.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You are correct. People believe what is shown to them in their culture, and often accept it at face value. Look at N. Korea, where they believe the Kim's' can do 18 hole golf games, or that they have unicorns. Look at Rome, where they based decisions on bird entrails. Or even our own culture in the US that have put out non-sense in all the cowboy movies since the 1920's about life out west?

As we get older, and if we are interested, we learn more about the gritty truth about history. Otherwise, we think what we were taught as kids and go on with life. Some folks still think if you step out of a crashing elevator right before it hits the ground you will be OK. (Bugs Bunny).

What are your proposed solutions to your stated problem? You do realize, that statistically, half of the population is below average. If you are kind to them, and they bring something up that you do not think is factual, be kind and share what you know. If they argue, smile and go on your way. You tried to warn them about the elevator thing. (Expert advice – lie flat on the floor. But elevators are prevented from crashing due to the OTIS device, which breaks the car even if the cable snaps Works pretty good. Look up elevator crashes since 1880).

No arguing with you or your premise. But if someone wants to think a movie is a documentary, direct them to the Stepford Wives and the Handmaiden's Tale. And tell them it is a optimistic look at the future. Or show them the documentary on the Planet of the Apes. If they can't get the drift by that point, then you know which side of the 50% average they are on.
edit on 10-6-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Havamal

Oh, I love some of those movies/shows. I wouldn't put it past agenda, because the handmaid's tale is not an original idea. Far from it actually, the idea and premises has existed since before we started working with viruses. For all intensive purposes serve as a "fail safe" should a virus be created to target either the x or y chromosomes. (Obviously gender knowledge, and chromosome knowledge has changed since then).

Although more then likely Ray Bradbury will nail our extinction. The Martian Chronicles, which can be read an entirety or short stories.

There is a story in there, about a smart house that runs and does everything for itself. Cleans, cooks, etc... I rather not ruin it.. so totally read it. The guy is a genius. Probably one of my favorite authors way above his time in writing.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I don't think I ever read any of Ray's stuff I did not like. He is also listed as an inventor for the world-wide communication satellites.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Ray has a unique way of writing, he doesn't exactly spell everything out in his books, as his stories are more principals to ideas. But his short series collection has earth going to war with mars. A group of people that actually settled and evolved there. (Because they are still humanoids - capable of birthing homo sapien babies - which has been several attempts to create peace- it doesn't go into those details 100% but does brush against it once or twice, spelling it out.).

His writing style leaves a lot open to ideas. Which is why he's not as heavily appreciated as he should be. His books have inspired a lot of horror movies, like the wacky moon rock bugs.. (forget the name).

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
originally posted by: Havamal

He is also listed as an inventor for the world-wide communication satellites.

You're confusing him with Arthur C. Clarke.
edit on 10-6-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Whatever Hollywood can screw up (usually young actors) so can ATS

Where would the United States be today if Democrats were in charge, when the nation was attacked by Japan on December 7 1941

accuracy is often 2nd to agenda

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Don't sell yourself short, back to the future did predict some things. Like the bending of light (flux capacitor), which allowed for fiber optics.. Hoverboards, and more.

So maybe no one went back in time, doesn't mean that wasn't the first time they started encountering fiber optics after all fiber optics was a military secret until recently.

There have been rumors that the military had this tech on lockdown since the 1980s anyway. Which coincide with some of the series original writing. Considering military holds technology for an average of 25years before releasing it to the public. Seems to be very on par with some details of the show.

It wouldn't be the first time technology would be introduced to the public through ideas as to "what if" to extremes.

If you look at "the day after tomorrow". It is an extreme idea that climate change will lead to a mass flood/freeze by a breaking of the glacial shelf. While realistically the shelf could break. The chances of waves taller then the 6-12 feet would be unrealistic because even tsunamis get effected by ocean landscape.

But this particular movie was one of few that sparked the climate change agenda. Despite scientist claiming in the 1990s we were coming out of an ice age.

edit on 10-6-2021 by BlackArrow because: Typo fixed, more details added.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ray is using a trick – he puts people in sci-fi settings, and see what happens. It is like the old Wagon Train series, where the setting is unfamiliar, and stuff happens, and that allows characters to act it out. Just like the Twilight Zone. I always thought of Star Trek (TOS) like Wagon Train in space.

His story is always about people, just in a place we have never been

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
My mistake. You are correct. Another god of SCI-FI

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow
a reply to: Trueman

I actually saw something like that in documentary(the girls weren't included on the facts for sure- makes sense though). Something about using radio messages sent to a local bar, using keywords that gave it away? How accurate was that to your Father? I am sure he probably told you more of the situation.

Never heard about it. They knew it when Germans moved out. He also told me Germans were good costumers for his little cigarettes smuggling business. I think Pall Mall.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It's labelled that way right now, but the question remains how much longer. We are planning to send a settlement to Mars. We have robots that mop and vaccum our house. We have electronics that can brew coffee at a set time. We have doors open and close, lights turning on and off all via "smart homes". Add the fact sprinklers can turn on and off on their own.

A majority of the story is no longer sci-fi. As he predicted the smart home.

He was born Aug 22, 1920, all of this stuff was literally fantasy. He didn't write about flying cars, but nuclear wars and winters. Yes it's all there in his books. Way before they were even created.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The Express comes to mind. The football movie of Ernie Davis.

Davis said himself, he was not boo’d at in Dallas. Mostly applause. But that doesn’t fit the narrative we’ve all been told of in the south. They have to drive that narrative and division in there and have everybody booing and screaming hate filled names at him. Wouldn’t the truth be better? That people were overcoming racial divides and actually cheered for the first black superstar to play the game? Naw, division! And hate! That’s what people love ammiright?

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth
That would be a good one, that is applying more and more to today's society of segregation created by Hollywood.

Facts are not important to anyone planning to make a buck. People need to learn about motives. I think people forget that some have motives which isn't always for the benefit of mankind.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

He was born Aug 22, 1920, all of this stuff was literally fantasy. He didn't write about flying cars, but nuclear wars and winters

For nuclear war you need to read H.G. Wells " The World Set Free " published in 1914.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well if it makes it you feel any better, Netflix had a show where a character took a personality test. It said he was Stalin, revolutionary and an idealist.

Alas, history written by the winners , while Napoleon said it nothing but a fable of sorts. Kind of like Jesus being in the O.T, even though it never says the name.

The N.T says it true, but can't find his name in the Old one. Did you know they use to swear by their balls, it was quite a testament? Nether did I.

edit on 10-6-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)[/editby
edit on 10-6-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join