It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is studying UFOs again

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The tapes were there in case there was an issue with the TV broadcast. There wasn't, so why keep them?

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

You literally quoted me and I said nothing about ET's and you went on a tangent about Astronauts misidentifying things in Space, when did I ever talk about that? Seems like you are on an agenda not me.

You didn't even comment on my reply why they would be covering it up. To protect their spy satellites for one. You're basically saying the best surveillance in space is astronaut's eyes and then gave examples of them making mistakes...ok...

Are you trying to sidetrack that you can't link any convincing evidence that ET has visited Earth? I don't think I have unreasonable standards. Convincing physical evidence of something that's claimed to be physically on Earth. Convincing visual evidence of craft flying in our skies. Abductions didn't happen once, according to the diehard belief, it's happened hundreds or possibly thousands of times. NUFORC reports UFO sightings happen in the thousands every year. Evidence should reflect this, but it doesn't. Not even once?

There's no agenda. That's only part of this UFO paranoia. NASA, the military, and the government are all hiding secrets from the public. Shills are trying to convince there's nothing there. The governments response says there's no evidence of alien craft, but they also didn't say no. I guess the billions of people around the globe with cell phones have been hiding evidence as well. You should be venting your anger on the public. On Bob Lazar and Knapp too.

It seems to be a desperate grasp at anything. If it doesn't give you the answer you want, then you'll make it the answer by claiming a coverup.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I suppose stating NASA hides information about UFOs is as bizarre as stating NASA does not hide any information at all. I guess the situation is a compromise between what information is sensitive, and what information is not.

NASA must comply with current regulations on national security, as anyone else in the US, therefore if as a result of its scientific activities NASA gets access to sensitive information (like say, recording a military space platform of whose existence NASA didn't have any previous knowledge), security procedures would be applied, the data gathered will be put under embargo, and life goes on. Same situation holds for any civilian radio astronomy facility.

That you happen to find an object in space that you cannot identify does not automatically mean you are free to disclose its existence. Otherwise you could adversely affect the national interest or the conduct of Federal programs you are unaware of.

Most likely, in the event NASA happens to record data on an UFO the information would be classified as SBU: Sensitive But Unclassified. For this situation procedures exists explaining the course of action to follow. NASA would follow the well-established NPR 1441.1D procedure (NASA Records Retention Schedule) and would destroy the information gathered if so requested. This does not mean NASA is hiding information about ETIs, UFOs, or whatever: it simply means information can or cannot be disclosed as per well-established criteria. Again, this also applies to any institution and organization, public or private. National security has a definite priority over any other regulation.

Any astronaut can state he/she has seen UFOs, alien megacities on the Moon, an alien base in the Jezero crater in Mars, or that he/she believes in God. That's his/her opinion, and not NASA's official statement.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Well all that's just a delight, but I'm not sure what it has to do with what I posted.

If it hasn't been clear from my other posts in this thread: in thr context of alleged alien visitations I don't believe anyone is hiding anything about UFOs, because there is nothing to hide. Hiding other information is something else. I don't believe any astronaut has ever reported seeing one, and I certainly don't believe anyone who says they have seen one.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
blackvault just posted this on reddit.....

blackvault
OP·13h

John Greenewald
JUST RELEASED via FOIA: 220+ pages from NASA, which pertain to the 2007 Leslie Kean v NASA lawsuit. This tied in to the Kecksburg Crash, "Fragology Files" and UFO documentation.
The documents are here, but there is a nice surprise: www.theblackvault.com...
Within the communications just released regarding the court case, there were many pages from Project Moon Dust, and the recovery of unidentified objects (likely space debris) during the 1960s.
Although State Dept. records, they did NOT come up in my State Dept FOIA from 2007.
Although obviously released before during this past case in 2007 to Kean, a quick check doesn't reveal these records have ever been online, or at least, the majority of them.
My FOIA case also revealed an unknown number of records were DESTROYED when it came to KEAN v NASA.
And although I can never confirm this, NASA may even know about my recent story about the DOD and document destruction without proper authorization.
Why? Because without asking, they sent me a highlighted schedule proving the authority for them to destroy those records.🤣
Lastly revealed, is that 13 pages are now sitting at the Department of Justice / Civil Division, which have yet to be released. My page will be updated when they are.
For now? ENJOY THE REST: www.theblackvault.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Good stuff, NASA was sent all sorts of junk people found thinking they were satellites or meteorites [usually were meteo-wrongs]. The DoD also had an active worldwide surreptitious retrieval operation for any such falls, which AFAIK didn't involve NASA anywhere. The Russian-origin stuff that the public sent to NASA was usually identified because the components were built to even metric measurements. Andrew ["Drew"] Potter was the guy in charge in the 1980s, he had the stuff piled all around his office in the Planetary Science building.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8

You literally quoted me and I said nothing about ET's and you went on a tangent about Astronauts misidentifying things in Space, when did I ever talk about that? Seems like you are on an agenda not me.

You didn't even comment on my reply why they would be covering it up. To protect their spy satellites for one. You're basically saying the best surveillance in space is astronaut's eyes and then gave examples of them making mistakes...ok...

Are you trying to sidetrack that you can't link any convincing evidence that ET has visited Earth? I don't think I have unreasonable standards. Convincing physical evidence of something that's claimed to be physically on Earth. Convincing visual evidence of craft flying in our skies. Abductions didn't happen once, according to the diehard belief, it's happened hundreds or possibly thousands of times. NUFORC reports UFO sightings happen in the thousands every year. Evidence should reflect this, but it doesn't. Not even once?

There's no agenda. That's only part of this UFO paranoia. NASA, the military, and the government are all hiding secrets from the public. Shills are trying to convince there's nothing there. The governments response says there's no evidence of alien craft, but they also didn't say no. I guess the billions of people around the globe with cell phones have been hiding evidence as well. You should be venting your anger on the public. On Bob Lazar and Knapp too.

It seems to be a desperate grasp at anything. If it doesn't give you the answer you want, then you'll make it the answer by claiming a coverup.

Why would I personally be holding physical evidence of ET visitation and not the government? That is totally unreasonable, you know there is no evidence hence this forum, duh, so again you are being unreasonable.

Right now the best chances of proving we are not alone in the Universe is the following in no particular order:

1. Extremophiles on planets and Moons in our Solar System. Maybe even something bigger than an extremophile.
2. An intelligent signal from outside our Solar System.
3. Detecting photosynthesis in an atmosphere on an Exo-Planet.
4. Detecting pollution in an atmosphere on an Exo-Planet.
5. The US Government providing the proof the UFO/UAP phenomenon is Extra Terrestrial in origin.
6. Extra Terrestrials just show up.

Have you read into Alien encounters? Why would there be physical evidence? I've had an encounter and the only evidence is my experience. What do you think about the Zimbabwe sighting? The only evidence they have is their experience as well.

What are you actually here for? In this thread? It's a belief...it's totally ridiculous of you to ask for evidence of a belief.

UFO paranoia? Did you just make that up? Never heard that before.

First of all aside from UFOs, leave them out of the subject for one second...you think NASA, the government, and the military don't keep secrets??? What??! Forget UFOs, just plain old secrets, I don't agree with you there. White House security is literally called the SECRET service, lol, for example.

Are you listening to what the pilots are saying about the flight characteristics of UFO's? I don't think you are. You should. Because then you'll realize that accusing people of not being able to video record or take a photo of them on their phone is ridiculous.

Zooming in while video recording on a cell phone produces the blurriest footage, same with taking a picture zoomed in. You must not be into photography.

The other thing that seems completely absent from your philosophy is that of indigenous people. Oral history, forget UFO'S and Star People/Aliens etc, but you are aware all the culture that we know of today from indigenous people all over the world comes from their oral history. You know this right?

You keep bringing up George Knapp and Bob Lazar, who cares about them, it's just entertainment. I've actually caught Bob Lazar completely contradicting his story in one of his old interviews and I've never been able to find it again but if I ever do I'll make a thread.

It has to do with him saying we didn't remove anything from the craft but then they had a piece of the craft in a lab room and they were trying to figure out how to turn it on and it has anti gravity properties. I can't remember exactly but him explaining it in one of his interviews said something contradicting how the device works when he described turning it off and on and touching it.

I really think it's kind of offensive to tell the Nazca people their Astronaut Man they drew on the side of a mountain a 1000 or more years ago is grasping at straws. You must be real friendly in a 2nd or 3rd world country with your attitude.

You'll never leave the forum if keep asking for physical proof of a belief and then ridiculing people for believing in something.

You and the other atheist absolute skeptics have yet to come up with proof that NASA would be jumping to their social media accounts to blast out a picture of a flying saucer in space leaving/entering a wormhole. I'm arguing they would never do that unless they absolutely had to.

We didn't, never have, and still don't possess technology that could have chased after 'Oumuamua. Not saying that it was a space ship but we really did want to get a closer look but we couldn't.

Take that into consideration when NASA gets evidence of a Flying saucer, unless the flying saucer wants to park and hang out, we don't have a chance to study it. So what could they even say about it other than, "we saw a flying saucer." We still wouldn't know the origin. If they were able to track which direction it came from or left to, that might help, but not really, because who knows where they came from or where they are going.

That's not typical of science to say I saw this thing! I've never seen a nature or space documentary where they don't thoroughly explain what we are looking at.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Why would I personally be holding physical evidence of ET visitation and not the government? That is totally unreasonable, you know there is no evidence hence this forum, duh, so again you are being unreasonable.

I wasn't asking you specifically for evidence when I know nothing about you or even if you'd have evidence, that would be unreasonable. Maybe it was part of the verbal gymnastics at play? I say I'm not unreasonable asking for evidence after 70+ years and thousands of claims and you try to turn it around like I'm asking you personally for evidence, which would be unreasonable. Anyway... that's why I said "link any convincing evidence". People have tried to do that for years and haven't come up with much.
Again, you'd have to believe ET would be exclusive to world governments. What about all these claims for decades by average citizens? Still no convincing evidence.

Right now the best chances of proving we are not alone in the Universe is the following in no particular order:

I've stated before, I believe there will be life throughout the universe, basic forms of life. Complex intelligent animal life will be more difficult, but still could evolve. When you move to human levels of intelligence, I don't believe this will be an easy outcome of evolution because it's shown not to be. We are a fluke and a series of random events.

What do you think about the Zimbabwe sighting? The only evidence they have is their experience as well.

The Zimbabwe incident was a story with no physical evidence of a claimed physical event. Understanding the enormity of what visiting alien life would mean, I'm not going to easily accept case just off words.

What are you actually here for? In this thread? It's a belief...it's totally ridiculous of you to ask for evidence of a belief.

I'm in this thread because of comments by people like yourself speaking with such conviction as if the evidence shown proves your belief. You're not promoting a skeptical belief. For example, just in this thread you've said:

Cough cough ʻOumuamua

Our solar system has to be swimming with UFOs. Earth is definitely high on the list to visit!! TBTB want to cover it up because all the visitors come in peace and that is a threat to TBTB.

The Nazca Lines are 2000 years old and there is a Grey Alien aka the Astronaut Man drawn on the side of a mountain!!

This is getting stupid.

Jim O'berg has 100% seen UFOs and has knowledge of them. He's been manipulated by the system to cover it up under the guise it's "the right thing to do".

Your posts are spoken as if you're speaking from a position of knowledge and authority. Show me the evidence that Jim Oberg has 100% seen UFOs, in the sense of unidentified spacecraft, and is covering it up.

First of all aside from UFOs, leave them out of the subject for one second...you think NASA, the government, and the military don't keep secrets??? What??! Forget UFOs, just plain old secrets, I don't agree with you there. White House security is literally called the SECRET service, lol, for example.

More verbal gymnastics. Saying "I don't agree with you" as if you've asked me this question. Of course the government keeps secrets from the public. I've never stated that they didn't. So you're trying to make a point how irrational I am from an imaginary question you posed? Making a comparison of real life events such as secret military programs to fantasy UFO evidence?

You and the other atheist absolute skeptics have yet to come up with proof that NASA would be jumping to their social media accounts to blast out a picture of a flying saucer in space leaving/entering a wormhole. I'm arguing they would never do that unless they absolutely had to.

Are you familiar with the black night satellite and the claims made by your group? Claims that continue to this day that I saw on Facebook recently. Here again is evidence that NASA does show UFOs. Photographs were taken... by NASA ...and published and then there was the insistence that it was an alien spy satellite recording info by UFO groups. It was explained later to actually be a thermal blanket that escaped an Astronauts grip during a spacewalk and was tumbling through space. UFO at the time.

paranoia
noun
para·​noia |  ˌper-ə-ˈnȯi-ə  , ˌpa-rə- 
: a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others.

baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

I think paranoia describes the UFO religious cult mentality exactly. Like fabricating these excuses.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I can't find the "Jim O'Berg" reference in his original message, did he sneak back and delete it, or was it from another message?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

I can't find the "Jim O'Berg" reference in his original message, did he sneak back and delete it, or was it from another message?
See the second post on page 2, it's still there. There are also numerous other references to "O'Berg" by the same poster.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

O'berg is Irish right? So you definitely don't have any ancestry that believes in Star People except for the Bible? Is that your belief system? The Bible???

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

The tapes were there in case there was an issue with the TV broadcast. There wasn't, so why keep them?

People who saw the original broadcast at Mission Control said that instead of the shadowy junk we now look at to see one of the most important accomplishments it human history, it was high-resolution and clear.

It would be nice to have. We have clearer footage of Bigfoot than we do of humankind's first step on the Moon.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I suppose we'll never really know how good the original data quality was but I don't think it was HD. In any case NASA admits the conversion it had was degraded.

NASA never found the original tapes but they did find a better quality conversion during their search, and some segments of that were restored in 2009:

www.nasa.gov...

Here's a link to a 29 MB clip from the restoration project showing how much better the restored clip is compared to what NASA had before:

One_Small_Step_Comparison_720p

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I doubt they ever stopped investigating

They probably see things every day up there

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
NASA never found the original tapes but they did find a better quality conversion during their search, and some segments of that were restored in 2009....

And don't forget the very-hi-res 16-mm cine film from the camera mounted inside the LM pilot's window looking down the ladder.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
See the second post on page 2, it's still there. There are also numerous other references to "O'Berg" by the same poster.
"O'berg is Irish right? So you definitely don't have any ancestry that believes in Star People except for the Bible? Is that your belief system? The Bible???"

[facepalm]

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Got a reference for that? By the time it was seen in Houston it had already been transmitted via satellite from its receiving station in Australia it had already been degraded to fit US TV requirements.

Honeysuckle's view was better, but it was never high definition and clear - that's just how TV in general was back then, and you only have to look at the camera's specifications to see why it wasn't that great. Those specifications were largely determined by weight and the space they took up. It was only by the later J class missions that the TV was anything like watchable.

Yes, 4K UltraHD would have been great, but it wasn't. They didn't go there to make a TV show.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hahahaha, that was indeed stupid, but for me, absolutely funny as well 😁. So, stupid funny I guess 😁

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This is tbe footage used on the superb apolloinrealtime.org

If you skip ahead to 5 hours 22 you get views in mission control during the EVA - that look crystal sharp?

The next landings will be in high def, and you can bet your life savings that people will still bitch about the quality, just as they do the extraordinary images returned by today's orbiting probes.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I don't believe any astronaut has ever reported seeing one, and I certainly don't believe anyone who says they have seen one.

I've seen one, in fact I had a close range encounter with one.

Are you calling me a liar ?

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: easynow

You're either mistaken or lying.

Either way I don't believe you've had up close and personal contact with aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join