It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What? FBI demands USA Today hand over names of EVERYONE who read a story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: infolurker

FBI is still trying to figure out if Hunter Biden did anything wrong.

The FBI is still covering up everything that Hunter did wrong.

To the OP....

Hunter's father is in charge of the NSA and the FBI.

Perhaps he should introduce the two agencies to each other...

Since the NSA has all those records already and the FBI is looking for the records.

We are literally living in Clown World.

Honk Honk!!!!

This would be hilarious if it weren't true!

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
Just speculation, but they're probably trying to determine the identity of someone who posted specific comments under that particular article during that time frame.

The comment probably contained information that had not yet been publicly released.

Then why not limit the subpoena to that?

I don't know, but I can speculate some more....

Maybe that person had posted the comment, and then returned later and deleted it, but not before one FBI agent (or maybe his/her spouse) had read it. But at the time, that FBI agent (or spouse) didn't realize that specific piece of information had not yet been released publicly. It wasn't until a short while afterwards when (s)he realized that, but by then, the comment had already been deleted. (S)He just knew that it was posted around 8:20 P.M.

That's sounds like a bit of a stretch, but as far as I know it's at least slightly plausible.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You mean you do not trust the Federal Bureau of Intimidation

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
Just speculation, but they're probably trying to determine the identity of someone who posted specific comments under that particular article during that time frame.

The comment probably contained information that had not yet been publicly released.

USA today does not allow for their articles to be discussed--no comments section (very few news sites enable comments; one of, if not the only reason I read Daily Mail is for the comments).
edit on 5-6-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CliffoCambridge

LOL to FBI pretending they don't already know. Trying to make out that they don't trample on everyone's rights already.

And LOL USA Today pretending they give a crap about the peoples rights. Trying to make out they are the protectors of the first amendment.

Truest statement on this thread. Nothing but theater.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

USA today does not allow for their articles to be discussed--no comments section (very few news sites enable comments; one of, if not the only reason I read Daily Mail is for the comments).

That's what gave me the idea...
I was reading the comments on the Daily Mail article linked in the OP.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Daily mail uk huh? If the fbi is watching you can kiss my @$$. Put me on all of your lists.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CliffoCambridge

LOL to FBI pretending they don't already know. Trying to make out that they don't trample on everyone's rights already.

And LOL USA Today pretending they give a crap about the peoples rights. Trying to make out they are the protectors of the first amendment.

😎

😎

😎

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: carewemust

FBI is still trying to figure out if Hunter Biden did anything wrong.

The FBI is still covering up everything that Hunter did wrong.

To the OP....

Hunter's father is in charge of the NSA and the FBI.

Perhaps he should introduce the two agencies to each other...

Since the NSA has all those records already and the FBI is looking for the records.

We are literally living in Clown World.

Honk Honk!!!!

The reality is, the bureaucrats in charge of these agencies wield enough power (in particular, the NSA) that they have a bit of untouchability. They also feel like they have a level of supremacy in their mission, which bleeds into their ego.

The FBI and NSA will never work together like that. Its baked into the onion design of our government.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree

originally posted by: musicismagic
People ypu don't understand this.
This goes for those with US passports

we are all fk'd

what the hell do these commies bastereds want from us

Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

They've already hanged themselves. Now we're just being haunted.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The subpoena will most likely get shot down. One of thr first moves the DOJ of the previous administration tried to do was get the IP address of everyone that visited the DisruptJ20 website. They were unsuccessful.

The only reason I can see this one possibly going through is because the FBI narrowed the IP addresses that want to a very specific window.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Seems like a reasonable request to me.

USA Today is just mad they weren't told the reason, and can't run a story off of "why".

So, they play a victim card to get more articles written.

Let's be real though, other contacts in this pedo ring, would absolutely be interested in reading that article.

If one of the suspects contacted someone else in their ring with information about it, they would of course look into it...

Someone else on the suspect list may have visited that site as a result of this communication.

The FBI needs to act fast, before this other suspect bugs out, and they lose the lead.

This type of action was probably necessary from a law enforcement perspective, and I don't see anything wrong with how it was done.

They only want user information from a 30 minute time frame. They didn't ask for the entire reader database.

It's not over-reaching.

This is acceptable practice, and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably just trying to prevent the government from extending these types of powers beyond what is reasonable, and that is a reasonable way to approach this as well.

I can not disagree with either side, I just don't think the FBI needs to be crucified over this event. It was probably standard procedure given the situation.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I mean....NordVPN is only like $60 for a 2 year subscription....

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I mean....NordVPN is only like $60 for a 2 year subscription....

I use Privateinternetaccess and I think I have like 800 days left on my subscription for about 60 bucks...lol

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

yeah...Nord is the one i signed up for from what was available on the firestick without any real effort.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join