It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware ATS Your Anonymity may be at Risk

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ketsuko

This isn't "cancel culture" is litigious intimidation.

Which is a tool of the cancel culture.

No, it's a silencing tool, used by powerful and monied people, against disenfranchised anonymous voices of "The People". You can't "cancel" The People, but you can intimidate them into silence, by threatening to economically ruin them through endless litigation.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's a clever setup to set "selective precedence" and be able to silence specific "voices" and maybe even block "out of country" IPs !!😉

My guess is all parties in this case are part of the plan 😃🚨🚨🚨

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

OK I see where Kennedy is being a jackhole, I'm sure worse has been said about him, but there's lots of feels associated with "Nazi" and "antisemitic" accusations.

He should have took notes of Trump's handling "words", I couldn't imagine living life with my heart on my sleeve.

Stix n stonz

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act doesn't protect anyone from libel or defamation. Social media forums, like the Daily Kos and ATS, have moderation rights and responsibilities. The Daily Kos showed ample evidence that this "dairy" did not violate their Terms and Conditions", and in fact they went to great lengths in their court filings and their explanatory article that The Daily Kos posted to publicly prove that.

(post by Guiltyguitarist removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

No, it's a silencing tool, used by powerful and monied people, against disenfranchised anonymous voices of "The People". You can't "cancel" The People, but you can intimidate them into silence, by threatening to economically ruin them through endless litigation.

Welcome to the club. It's been happening to conservatives for a long time now, but you've approved under it because you "hate" hearing what we have to say.

So pardon us for not feeling sorry for you.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Welcome to the club. It's been happening to conservatives for a long time now, but you've approved under it because you "hate" hearing what we have to say.

No, I have never approved of such tactics, not when the left does it, not when the right does it.

So pardon us for not feeling sorry for you.

This isn't about me. And, I'm not looking for sympathy from you, or anyone else here on ATS. I'm shooting up a red flag of warning to all of you. If it could happen to DowneastDem, at The Daily Kos, it could happen to you, here at ATS.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Well Bless Your Heart.

We've been sounding the "red flag of warning" far longer than you have, and you must have been carefully color blind to it.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Amen.

I couldn't have described the Left's tactics any better.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yup. Team sports were more important than individual rights. But now that it’s coming for them.....I say let’s keep this cancel culture for a few more years. I’ve grown quite accustomed to it.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well Bless Your Heart.

We've been sounding the "red flag of warning" far longer than you have, and you must have been carefully color blind to it.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Irony Forum?

lolz

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Of course, The Daily Kos is appealing the ruling, and I hope they win. But, if they don't, BEWARE ATS, we could be next!

Yep, kind of status quo for the left, would you agree? The right is very aware of what the left has been doing for a few years now, so I guess when it hits home you are now aware of something you most likely approved of a week ago. It is all fun and game when the left goes after the right 8 different ways, but the left is also known for eating their own when the right bucket dries up. Its not like...OK Trump is gone lets go back to some kind of sane existence, no, you all start to look who within your own party can be taken down next...

Look at #metoo movement...

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Again, this isn't about me. I may not agree with your politics, but I've never advocated for your financial ruin for reporting what you think is dangerous.

There have been quite a few threads on revoking Section 230, some of which I have participated. But, I don't recall any threads about unmasking member's identities for posting unpopular or less than flattering news about some famous person, to sidestep Section 230, so that posters can be sued.

edit on 30-5-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yep, kind of status quo for the left, would you agree?

Can you give me an example of a famous "leftist" or Democrat suing a social media forum, that they can't sue, to unmask a member so that they can sue them?

edit on 30-5-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well Bless Your Heart.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Irony Forum?

lolz

I don't see this as a left or right issue. The ramification of the outcome of this lawsuit will effect all forums, including your righty tidy safe zone here on ATS.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Yep, kind of status quo for the left, would you agree?

Can you give me an example of a famous "leftist" or Democrat suing a social media forum, that they can't sue, to unmask a member so that they can sue them?

Oh my god, you can't be serious.

Multiple threads on leftiusts outing, doxxing people so they can be fired and personally attacked.

Maybe we should move this thread to the Hypocrisy Forum instead.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good thread, star and flag.

Though i hate to side with the Daily Kos of all places i hope they win the appeal as well. Privacy & free speech rights should be enjoyed by everyone, not a select few.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

DOXing, social justice warriors, canx culture, WOKEness, critical theory, history revisionist... So on and so forth are the current tools of the left to take people out one way or another. They will eat their own as we saw with #metoo movement...How many lefties taken out by that alone?

The upshot is excesses. One does not have to buy the right-wing hype that politically correct activists are modern-day Jacobins thirsting for cultural revenge to be deeply troubled when they go after an obscure graphic designer for sporting blackface to mock a celebrity years after the actual event. Or a data analyst for tweeting a study by a black professor showing that non-violent tactics are more effective in affecting social change than violent ones. Or a museum curator who wouldn't spurn art just because it came from white people. All these people were liberals and they lost their jobs for running afoul of PC sensibilities.

Oh ya the left will eat their own in a second...

This is just another direction of the same old crap you all been doing... How is this different than your standard liberal DOXing...

edit on 30-5-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Yup. Team sports were more important than individual rights. But now that it’s coming for them.....I say let’s keep this cancel culture for a few more years. I’ve grown quite accustomed to it.

It's not about anything more than power, and now that power has been achieved, they can line the useful idiots up against the wall.

They were also warned about that part too, but they never see it coming.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Multiple threads on leftiusts outing, doxxing people so they can be fired and personally attacked.

Perhaps. And, I can assure you that that happens on both sides. But, this isn't that. This is about sidestepping Section 230, which protects forums from litigation, by asking a court to "dox" an anonymous poster, that didn't violate a forum's T&Cs, so that they can be sued as retribution.

There maybe a place for such legal doxxing, like with ATS member Jared Laughner who murdered six peopple.

But noone should be financially ruined for posting this:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join