It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware ATS Your Anonymity may be at Risk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: DBCowboy

So you think opinions should not be punished?

Please check out the links that I provided before you post your ignorant opinion. The "diary" in question wasn't an opinion piece. It was a shared report from a translated German newspaper about RFK Jr attending an anti-mask/anti-vax rally in Germany.

Opinions are not a risk here. Reporting events that point to questionable behavior, left for the reader to decide, are.

So it wasn't an opinion piece, it was a report from a reporter?

lolz

This keeps getting better and better. . . .

+2 more 
posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

a reply to: PharoahSpiderMan

This isn't the Mud Pit. My screen name and my political leanings have nothing to do with the threat being launched against ALL anonymous users posting their opinions or sharing stories in social media threads on all kinds of forums, including ATS, GAB and Telegraph.

Sorry, Sooks, we warned you and warned you where all this was heading, and you persisted in ignoring us so long as the pogroms were against people you didn't like. Now that your chickens are coming home to roost, you're getting alarmed, but those birds already came for us, and you did NOTHING except laugh.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I'm not hiding, and I stand behind all I've written here. Writing about someone and not being willing to stand up and tell them to their face is a bit weak. (IMHO) But if you feel the need to trash others while hiding I suppose there is no better place than an anonymous forum. If you want to know, just ask.

In the age of "cancel culture" I believe it makes sense for one to remain anonymous, particularly if their political and social views run counter to The Narrative (tm).

I agree a lot of people take license to spew crap to others in an online venue that they'd never say in person.

Many people are concerned more about revealing their political views such that they could be used to terminate their employment. We have ample evidence of this happening already, especially in Big Tech companies.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

This thread isn't about Biden, dementia or pedophilia. It's about the risk of being sued, including ATS posters, or anyone posting anonymously on social media threads, something that could be construed as defamation.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy It was a shared report from a translated German newspaper about RFK Jr attending an anti-mask/anti-vax rally in Germany.

Opinions are not a risk here. Reporting events that point to questionable behavior, left for the reader to decide, are.

I'm confused, if it's not opinion, and it's just a translation of a report, what's the problem?

He's mad because he was outed? Or is the report a lie?

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This isn't the Mud Pit. My screen name and my political leanings have nothing to do with the threat being launched against ALL anonymous users posting their opinions or sharing stories in social media threads on all kinds of forums, including ATS, GAB and Telegraph.

Sorry, Sooks, we warned you and warned you where all this was heading, and you persisted in ignoring us so long as the pogroms were against people you didn't like. Now that your chickens are coming home to roost, you're getting alarmed, but those birds already came for us, and you did NOTHING except laugh.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I have always defended forum protections under Section 230, and have never advocated for unmasking anonymous posters, so that they could be sued, while the forum enjoys protection.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's pretty presumptuous to think you know Joe's opinion.
From the looks of his 20 min straight video of him sniffing and fondling little girls in public, he looks like he might want to sue you for not calling him a perv.

On the other hand it is beyond disturbing you would follow this guy because he is a Democrat, or not somebody else.

Rediculous and kinda sad and demented.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

So you think opinions should not be punished?

Please check out the links that I provided before you post your ignorant opinion. The "diary" in question wasn't an opinion piece. It was a shared report from a translated German newspaper about RFK Jr attending an anti-mask/anti-vax rally in Germany.

So it wasn't an opinion piece, it was a report from a reporter?

lolz

This keeps getting better and better. . . .

I gave you an overview of the situation on the OP. I provided links so that anyone interested can look at more depth into the actual case. If you choose not to look any deeper than the OP, and ignore links that would answer your questions and shed more light on the depths of the topic, I can't help you.

edit on 30-5-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I have always defended forum protections under Section 230, and have never advocated for unmasking anonymous posters, so that they could be sued, while the forum enjoys protection.

This is the ultimate expression of cancel culture.

This is someone getting so offended by what someone else said that they're moving to legally cancel them, and the legal apparatus is making it so.

We've been warning you from the start that this is what disallowing free speech in the face of the cries of the offended would take us to, and you never listened. That you're playing dumb now proves it.

But I suppose if this person loses, they can make their own country with their own laws so they continue to say what they wish? Amirite? You know like conservatives could just make their own platform ...
edit on 30-5-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

This thread isn't about Biden, dementia or pedophilia. It's about the risk of being sued, including ATS posters, or anyone posting anonymously on social media threads, something that could be construed as defamation.

Fair point; I was responding to your assertion that there's no proof of Biden's pedophilia (which I tend to agree with) and his dementia (which I disagree with).

Back on topic, I don't believe that /any/ social media should be a source that could be used as grounds for a defamation suit, whether the author does or doesn't conceal their identity.

To me, and I'm not a lawyer, but defamation makes more sense when one's reputation is damaged through OFFICIAL communication channels, the MSM, press interactions, appearances before legislators, testimony, depositions and so forth.

Anyone can have their identity "stolen" on social media, even "blue check-mark" accounts can be compromised.

To me, if there isn't recorded evidence of someone making a statement through an official outlet, with independent confirmation that the statement originated from the person attributed to it, it's just white noise.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Oh if that's the case then everyone that's ever posted on the internet, especially ATS, is open to defamation lawsuits.

I mean really, we're all guilty. Next we'll be sued for commenting on a person's wardrobe, think celebrity.

I say end ALL anonymity. I hate it. It would stop a lot of hate talk and threats and give us all a push to be more respectful. Anonymity is one of the reasons there's racial tension, people with thin skin see a WORD they don't like and cry about it until MSM picks up the torch and the next thing you know BLM is roasting marshmallows at a peaceful protest.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

a reply to: DBCowboy It was a shared report from a translated German newspaper about RFK Jr attending an anti-mask/anti-vax rally in Germany.

I'm confused, if it's not opinion, and it's just a translation of a report, what's the problem?

He's mad because he was outed? Or is the report a lie?

Read the offensive diary here. www.dailykos.com...

Read the Daily Kos' side here: www.dailykos.com...

Read the court documents here: Link And
Link

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

Oh if that's the case then everyone that's ever posted on the internet, especially ATS, is open to defamation lawsuits.

Exactly!

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

They will never end anonymity...chat bots like 95% of Twitter and 99% of reddit can't try and steer public opinion that way.
They created an entire legion of nazi hippie trannies that didn't exist before.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This isn't "cancel culture" is litigious intimidation.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Lmfao!!! A little late to that realization aren't you?
Patriots have been being censored and deplatformed and attacked for like 4 years, and now we're supposed to join hands with you because there's "anonymous" discrimination that you got a subtle whiff of? We've been up to our eyes in discrimination for years, please don't bore me

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

This isn't "cancel culture" is litigious intimidation.

Which is a tool of the cancel culture.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Supposedly Joe's always had a stuttering issue, and had control of it for while, I'm thinking with age it may have reared its head again. I might despise him as a government official, but I'll never mock or laugh at his stutter. Some things shouldn't be laughed at.

But I will point out he appears to be a NAMGLA member....

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yup. Now all of a sudden cancel culture is a problem.

It's like all the paid jokesters that were silent on it, some were all for it, until they themselves were sucked into comedy rooms full of empty chairs.

Follow the $

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Putting aside the whole "is libel protected under free speech" debate, adamantly hiding behind an anonymous digital persona is generally regarded as weak, especially when your claims are being challenged in a judicial forum. You look like a dishonest cowardly scumbag if you are unwilling to look a man in the eye while accusing him of being a Nazi sympathizer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join