It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-mask wearers are smarter than mask wearers, concludes MIT study.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
one of the most unpleasant aspects of this whole shambolic pandemic episode has been how quickly general society devolved into opposing camps over the mask and vax issue. virulently tribal mindsets have been adopted by huge numbers of people.

When governments started making it mandated, and when it quickly became apparent that it was an issue in the campaign season, it was inevitable.

The politicians sort of made it politicized from the start.

But my contention with this whole farce of a plague has been that it was never quite as serious as they wanted us all to think. If it was, you never would have seen any of the politicians anywhere near the general public ... ever, and yet there they all were, front and center.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

I agree, and it makes me think that in case of an alien invasion we wouldn't get together to fight the invaders, we will end up divided between those that wanted to receive the aliens with open arms and those the wanted to kill them.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

I agree, and it makes me think that in case of an alien invasion we wouldn't get together to fight the invaders, we will end up divided between those that wanted to receive the aliens with open arms and those the wanted to kill them.

Isn't that the way it is with any invasion anywhere though? Any war? You never have perfect agreement.

The only question is how many on one side or the other there are. One side would have to be a clear majority, clear enough to lock in a course of action.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
And you get to dismiss my training and experience with ignorance.

I don't dismiss your training, I'm only trying to point out that your training was not for a situation like this.

While it looks more and more likely covid was a weaponized virus? And policy makers expected the common person to combat a biological weapon with cheap face diapers and washing hands?

The people most affected are the older and suffering from respiratory and/or heart diseases, do you think those people would be able to use a mask that, according to your training and experience, needs a physical evaluation?

I repeat myself when ignorant people don’t get my point.

Repeating the same action when it doesn't work is not the best way of doing things...

But, keep on going about the virtues of useless cheap masks...

Who? Me? What virtues have I talked about?

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Why have people in china been wearing masks for years in big cities?

Masks didn’t exactly keep the covid from spreading like wildfire in Wuhan China....

Ok, that doesn't really answer my question.

I wonder if it were pollution? Because masks wearing was big in China way before covid.

I was reading an article the othe say stating China was 100 % responsible for covid. If done on purpose or not is not known.

The little call for responsibility from the world is strange. Origin or responsiblity of virus did not matter.
Countries ate their deaths and adapted.
Because of china people have to wear masks.

So in Chinas crazy eyes when they see people wearing masks they see a red communist flag.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I really don’t know what to tell you.

The rapid spread of covid in China did occur in a country you claim has individuals that are more likely to wear masks.

I though the reports were crap. But I am believing more and more Chinese authors did weld apartment buildings shut. Says lots about trusting in cheap masks.

Air flow follows the path of least resistance. Is that false?

If air has a path around filter media such a gap between the skin and mask, air flow is going to channel through the gap unfiltered filtered.

That’s why masks that don’t seal are unreliable and about useless for anything more than nuisance dust.
edit on 29-5-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Let’s put it this way.

If you’re really worried about other people being protected. Why would you wear a cheap general purpose medical mask knowing there is a better mask like a valveless N-95 mask that seals, and approaches 98 percent efficiency. A mask that has a better chance at catching what a person expellees? And will actually protect you from other people wearing cheap masks, or their home made jobs.

But I don’t bother wearing a mask. Really don’t care about feel good measures.
edit on 29-5-2021 by neutronflux because: Added

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I think the push for masks in China prior to the Wuhan incident was more to fight pollution than anything else. Most pollution is relatively large particles compared to a virus, which would be better filtered by cheap masks. I don't think, from my limited knowledge of Chinese culture, that this was an attempt to improve the health of their workers so much as it was an attempt to keep them working longer under adverse conditions. A worker who is suffering from emphysema is not as productive as one who is not suffering from emphysema. Plus, it tends to placate the public when they are not lying wheezing in the streets and leads to less chance of an insurrection.

Your point about the masks apparently being ineffective to control the virus is spot on, though.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: TheRedneck
You should watch Tucker Carlson's rant on Fox, trying to whoop up his followers, about how parents that have a mask on thier kids should be arrested for child abuse. I personally don't care, wear it, don't wear it(I personally can't wait till I don't have to, as mandated), I just reply to things I see as inaccurate. Tucker can go leap off a bridge though.

I agree with Tucker--forcing a child to wear a face mask during this last year is tantamount to child abuse. With the luxury of hindsight and full understanding, that is even more certain today.

Two types of harm were visited upon those children, physical and psychological.

Tucker is brave enough to talk about it on national television and take the heat from zealots in the Covid Inquisition.

Right

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here is a great place for Traditional Americans (non-wimps) to eat.

This is a brilliant move by the owner of Fiddleheads Cafe in Mendocino, California.

The owner charges an extra $5 to customers who wear masks.

Not only does this discourage liberal moonbats from dining; thereby creating a more positive, fun and friendly atmosphere; the owner uses the $5 surcharge to fund charity.

In addition there is an additional $5 surcharge if you are caught in the cafe bragging about your vaccination.
More at: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Are folks whom only wear their masks half-on : half-wits ?

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The hysteria over here is literally akin to that during the Salem Witch Trials in certain places/times. Ironically, many of those panicking over others not wearing masks are also, at the same time, wearing theirs down off their nose.

TheRedneck

Saw a guy today fully masked up alone in his car... He was driving a Prius...Only reason why I looked was he was going 5+ under the speed limit and he took forever to get to 35 MPH... I was like WTH...saw the full mask and Prius and said oh...

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well, it has been my experience that certain customers are a serious headache to deal with, and really, they should pay more for the hassle of dealing with them. They seem to feel that, because they have entered a place of business, they are entitled to special treatment, and that includes looking down on anyone who is attempting to serve them. In a restaurant setting, they typically fall into one of two categories: they either leave a minuscule tip or none at all, because their mere presence should be sufficient reward for the service, or they may leave an exorbitant tip as a way of emphasizing that they are so much better than others. I learned quickly how to spot such a customer a mile away. And thinking back, it does follow that most of the people who I have known to be adamant about mask wearing fit that same demographic.

$5 extra might not be enough, truth be told.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I Saw a Laughing Sea Gull Tangled up in a Thrown Away Mask today , they Litter the City in Streets and Parking Lots . Thanks Dems for Polutinng My Local Enviorment .................

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think it is about destroying/imbalancing our immune systems, with constantly being given 'vaccines', each one damaging our immune systems, and combining with previous vaccines to make it even worse.

Eventually, even a common cold might be able to kill millions of people, who will have virtually NO immune system left, to fight off a common cold! It will, as it does in the elderly, turn into pneumonia, because the elderly often have very little immune system by that time. It happened to my mom, and took her life - and, all it took was her catching a common cold.

Viruses only kill those with compromised immune systems, or those with underlying health issues, like lung disease, for example. These viruses do NOT kill anyone with a healthy, normal immune system, that is the most IMPORTANT thing to understand here.

Vaccines alone can kill those with compromised immune systems, which tells you how much they 'protect' us!

They feed us a story about how we must all take vaccines to 'protect' us from viruses, when it is the vaccines themselves which destroy - piece by piece - our ACTUAL 'protection' - our immune system! It's very ironic, that's why they love it so much - say the opposite of the truth! When they say it 'protects' us, it actually takes our protection AWAY from us!

Pure evil.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   

On a flight I took last month, there was a family who demanded that each of their seats and arm rests be covered by plastic (looked like Saran Wrap), before they would sit in them.

If America was run by people like them, or Joe Biden, back in the 1940's, our side would have lost World War II.

In fact, Joe Biden is attempting to make America into the type of country we would have been if Communists had won the war and taken us over.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The hysteria over here is literally akin to that during the Salem Witch Trials in certain places/times. Ironically, many of those panicking over others not wearing masks are also, at the same time, wearing theirs down off their nose.

TheRedneck

Saw a guy today fully masked up alone in his car... He was driving a Prius...Only reason why I looked was he was going 5+ under the speed limit and he took forever to get to 35 MPH... I was like WTH...saw the full mask and Prius and said oh...

He is one of those people whom the CDC says is suffering from too much Carbon Dioxide re-inhalation. It dulls the mind, the senses, and the reaction. (I started a thread on it in mid 2020.)

I'd like to know how many serious accidents occurred in the USA since March 2020, where the driver was wearing a mask.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

On a flight I took last month, there was a family who demanded that each of their seats and arm rests be covered by plastic (looked like Saran Wrap), before they would sit in them.

If America was run by people like them, or Joe Biden, back in the 1940's, our side would have lost World War II.

In fact, Joe Biden is attempting to make America into the type of country we would have been if Communists had won the war and taken us over.

Communists did win the war, you were on the same side.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
He is one of those people whom the CDC says is suffering from too much Carbon Dioxide re-inhalation.

I think it's more likely they were already idiots before CoViD-19.

The new situation only makes them more noticeable.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Are folks whom only wear their masks half-on : half-wits ?

Chin diaper people?
Yes, something like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join