It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-mask wearers are smarter than mask wearers, concludes MIT study.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Can you see the benefits of masks though it seems like you want others to join you in your anti mask ways if you stated that you believe masks are good for stopping spread and a good idea for others we wouldnt have to argue so much also the mask thing has pretty much been nation wide honor system so you don't have too much to worry about.

Also this thread was about how y'all are smarter and you have never explained that, you've only explained you are SICKER NOT SMARTER, I'm still waiting...

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Poofmander

Dude, it is you who is all for implementing mandatory face mask requirements. That's not me. That's you. Show me one time I have said that people should not be allowed to wear face masks. Just one. From any thread.

I find this little tidbit hilarious:

if you stated that you believe masks are good for stopping spread and a good idea for others we wouldnt have to argue so much

If only I would agree with you and do as you want! Life would be so much easier!

If that's not an admission of a lack of intelligence, I don't know what is. You can't even accept that everyone won't just agree with you, that you might have to make concessions in life to accommodate others.

Oh, and on a final note... I may be dealing with medical issues now, but I was able to look at those older than I am and realize that I might be less capable when I get older. I was able to make adjustments to my lifestyle that made my life a bit easier as that happened. You apparently cannot. News flash: you'll be old one day as well, like it or not. I guess it takes intelligence to realize that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

So wearing masks isn't a life adjustment, I never said mandatory I literally said the entire country has been pretty much honor system for the large majority, I'm just trying to get the point across that they work and people who wear them are not stupid for wearing them.

My point is directly related to the TITLE OF THE THREAD how and why do you think that your health problem that causes you to not be able to wear a mask makes you SMARTER.

No one here has been able to explain why this thread exists, if you want to disparage people's intelligence over something that apparently your "not totally against" but just for your specific case there's no argument over intelligence. This is why this community is just regurgitating the same thing over and over because no one can take it serious, I mean come on this study at the root of the thread does NOT A THING to help antimasker argument validity. And it certainly doesnt prove any level of intelligence anywhere.

Health problems I got you bro, I totally understand, but what is this thread about, apparently your health problem also give you a high horse to sit on as well, why is that?

Lots of people out there, with lots of health problems. I wear a mask because I don't want to kill any of them, and one of them is you man, honestly. With your health condition I would be deeply saddened if somehow I were to transmit the virus to you and it caused you any ails.

That's Satan's Truth right there so you do you and do you best as it seems you do, I'll wear my masks and keep people like you in mind as I always do in my everyday life.

My goal here was to not allow the spread of mask politicization, and to remind anyone on the fence about wearing a mask that it WORKS it helps people and MOST are fine to wear it for extended periods of time without ill effect.

Masks are being made into a political thing and I hate it, it's science and common sense, please if you can't wear a mask and you are asked to wear one by a business owner respecting their wishes would be the coolest thing you could do right now (Not directed at you RedNeck I know you do your diligence) just a general piece of advice for anyone out there who just wants to know it's okay to do what you feel is right just work together to be respectful of each other's wishes of how things will work out.

That's all I can ask for and if you can't oblige yeah I'm gonna get the hell away and maybe tell people like me to stay away but if you come trying to say that the way we are doing things over here with masks on is unintelligent, without any evidence, just makes any argument you have seem less valid.

It's why I come here to debate that's what's required in this nation debate because at the end of the day debaters ideas fill the minds of voters, and Lord knows we all need voters.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   

you do you and do you best as it seems you do

And that's all I ask: that people let me do me. The problem is that that isn't what is happening. People like me are being harassed, denied services, denied access, and denied health services. That's happening, quietly, because most people don't want to speak out about it.

I do not ask for a lot of special treatment because I had a bunch of heart attacks. I draw SS Disability, sure; I was forced to pay for that insurance when I didn't want it, so now that I need it, that's poetic justice to me. I have a placard that lets me park in handicapped zones... OK, thanks, allows me a little more juice to get through the store on my own three feet. I walk with a cane... OK, what is, is, and that's no hide off anyone else. I pay my bills and my taxes just like everyone else. I go about my daily life, such as it is, quietly, minding my own business.

But when I am denied access to buildings (I was excused from jury duty already over the mask issue; no one can enter the local courthouse without one)... when I am denied access to health care... when I am denied access to services... when I am denied access to my bank even!... well, that's going too far. Your live and let live attitude is not the norm for people like me. The norm is more about constant beratement and denial.

Now to back up to an earlier quote:

My point is directly related to the TITLE OF THE THREAD how and why do you think that your health problem that causes you to not be able to wear a mask makes you SMARTER.

It doesn't make me smarter. It allows me to see things you cannot see. I have spent how many pages explaining how some people are being discriminated against for something that they have no control over, and yet it seems no one believes me. I have given examples upon examples, and it seems they are simply shrugged off because "masks work" and "it's science."

At the same time, there have been no actual tests under real world conditions to prove that masks work in a public setting. There has been no real difference in infection rates, hospitalization rates, or death rates between states with the strictest regulations and states with lax regulations, if one considers population density. If one ignores population density, the correlation is actually negative... the states with the strictest regulations are having the hardest time.

Anyone can verify that given a little time and energy... all the needed data is at the CDC website.

So when someone just shrugs off legitimate reports of discrimination while claiming they are doing what they are doing to help the very people who are being discriminated against, and parrot laboratory studies based on things other than coronaviruses as proof that they are right, that is where I get the impression I am talking to a brick wall. When I see people I know who are literally trying to talk to me by yelling from 30 feet away, through a face mask, and expecting me to hear them clearly... sorry, these people are just not playing with a full deck.

Again, we are dealing with a coronavirus... a cold... which has a survivability rate of over 99%. That is including those who were purposely exposed while at high risk early on in the plandemic. That includes the deaths attributed before there was effective treatment. That includes the deaths resulting from improper ventilator settings. That includes those who had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel when it hit. Take those away and the result is a cold which has the survivability rate of the average flu.

I feel great sympathy for those who have succumbed to it and their families; I truly do. However, we do not shut the country down because a flu is going around. We do not ostracize and intimidate those who are unable to wear an unproven device because there's a flu going around. We do not throw out discrimination laws because there's a flu going around. We do not create a class of second-class citizens because there's a flu going around. We do not close every school in the nation and neglect what little education children still get because there's a flu going around.

Until now. And the implications, given that there's some sort of virus somewhere that's raging through society at every given minute of every given day of every given year, are quite disturbing.

I can see that; you can't. I see the problems this is causing first-hand. You are ignoring them. That's what makes me consider mask wearing as potential sign of low intelligence. Your heart may well be in the right place, but you're not letting your mind see where your heart is leading you.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You

and yet it seems no one believes me.

I believe you. And hope the best for you.

Last summer, my kid and me tried to wear cheap cloth masks on the park play ground while chasing each other around. We didn’t even last five minutes before we gave up the effort of wearing the masks.

There is a reason why when people wear respirators that actually work in industry they have to pass a physical and lung capacity test.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I do feel for you in your predicament, honestly I do. I know what you go through is real and I agree that we need less mindlessness in our approach to all things. mandates are quite a fickle mistress, they really don't work.

Strict regulation yes can cause more disobedience. I'll admit I never thought I would be happy to be in Connecticut ever again in my life but hell we put up a wall against NYC from day one, everyone here kept a head on their shoulders and we didn't need strict regulation because we all felt a sense of community and preserving what we have.

I have NYPD brothers one who got COVID and it wasn't entirely pretty and he's in great health. What they saw in NYC was madness, hospital workers using barter system just to get masks. My nephew was born in the heat of NYCs infection rates and I applaud those women and men in their efforts so that my little buddy Jack can have his whole life ahead of him, they are the reasons I believe in the masks. They did the impossible they brought life to term amidst so much death tractor trailers were filling with bodies.

I wear a mask thanking them everyday for what they accomplished, I understand your situation and wish there was more support for you because honestly you deserve it. This is the land of the free and we should be free to figure out any problem with any solution, as we are all individuals.

I see what goes on I know that both sides have to use hyperbole to "make people listen" and it makes it all worse because it's just all lies.

I commend you in your efforts and am glad you wethered the storm is your way. I've seen what I've seen and will do what I do, but masks are leaving us here as we speak in this state so I won't be so attached anymore.

I'm glad you shared more about your situation because guess what man I just wanna know it's a human behind the post, so many are no longer among the living yet they still draw breath.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Where I live we are back to most people not wearing masks in public, which is an awesome step to going back to normal.

I'm no longer the odd one out. Once again breathing freely, and not wearing a muzzle is the norm.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I'm glad to hear Connecticut is moving back toward normalcy. So are we. I spent some time with my kids yesterday in a nearby city where the mask shaming was totally out of control not long ago. I was actually a little apprehensive, but I wanted to see my kids and I needed some specialty tools not available here. I saw one person, a customer, wearing a face mask in the store. The social distancing marks on the floor were gone. The only hint of what we all went through was the plexiglass shields at the checkouts... those are a pain, but they don't harm me in any way.

Later on, we went to a restaurant to eat. No masks when we walked in at all, and no signs requesting masks. All tables were available. I actually had a good time and enjoyed my meal. I saw two employees enter wearing masks, but they soon disappeared in the back.

And amid all of this open breathing, the infection rate is continuing to drop in Alabama.

There have been consequences for me. Our governor will not get my vote this time around. A few businesses have lost my respect... a couple will never see me darken their door again. And I have a newfound respect for something I have always believed, but which I see to have grown lax on over the years: never, ever, under any circumstances place oneself in a position that can be at the mercy of another human. They can turn and bite you at a moment notice for no other reason than they want to.

You're right; mandates are fickle things that can spin around and bite one in the behind. Especially when implemented by the executive instead of the legislative, they can easily be poorly considered and have a lot of unintended consequences. There's a reason why we have the separation of powers that we have, and I only hope this past year from hell can serve to remind some people of that.

And yes, I am a real person. I have the same issues and emotions and dreams as any other person. I guess that is easy to forget at times on a text forum, but I believe we will all do ourselves well to try and remember that our "opponent" is a real person as well.

Again, congratulations on the loosening of restrictions. I hope your state can get back to normal as we seem to be doing.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We will enter our whole lives without wearing masks.

I hope no one feels the need to wear them the rest of their lives.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ignore this
edit on 19-6-2021 by CaptainHook because: Changed my mind

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Blaspheme

The militant left will crush you.

Conform or face the Squad...

Whats scary is that's 100% real...

new topics