It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Cross doesn't want Blood from the Vaccinated

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
To the OP. Do you know what "convalescent plasma" is? In the case of Covid-19 many organisations - including the National Blood Transfusion Service in the UK – have ceased using convalescent plasma for Covid. Why? Because trials have demonstrated it is ineffectual. In the early stages of the pandemic the approach was widely used though because there was nothing else.

People who have had Covid and been vaccinated can still donate blood. It just won’t be used as convalescent plasma.

Other diseases still require convalescent plasma to be used.

I was hospitalized for 5 days with covid and pneumonia. On the morning that convalescent plasma was administered to me, I was on 10 liters/min of oxygen. By that evening, they were able to cut the oxygen down to 2 liters/min.
I was released from the hospital the following day.
It worked for me.
I already checked with the local blood bank and I can donate plasma 90 days after my infection cleared.
I plan to donate plasma.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Misinformation.

From the actual Red Cross website:

COVID-19 Vaccine and Blood Donor Eligibility Information

The Red Cross is following FDA blood donation eligibility guidance for those who receive a COVID-19 vaccination, and deferral times may vary depending on the type of vaccine an individual receives. If you’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine, you’ll need to provide the manufacturer name when you come to donate. Upon vaccination, you should receive a card or printout indicating what COVID-19 vaccine was received, and we encourage you to bring that card with you to your next donation. In most cases, there is no deferral time for individuals who received a COVID-19 vaccine as long as they are symptom free and feeling well at the time of donation. The following eligibility guidelines apply to each COVID-19 vaccine received, including boosters:
  • There is no deferral time for eligible blood donors who are vaccinated with an inactivated or RNA based COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by AstraZeneca, Janssen/J&J, Moderna, Novavax, or Pfizer.

• Eligible blood donors who received a live attenuated COVID-19 vaccine or do not know what type of COVID-19 vaccine they received must wait two weeks before giving blood.

• If you have an appointment scheduled and need to change your donation date based on the above guidance, click here.

• If you have further eligibility questions, please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Please note: The Red Cross, as an organization, is not a healthcare provider and is not administering COVID-19 vaccinations in the U.S. However, Red Cross volunteers who are medical professionals may work with local authorities to help give vaccinations if their state licenses permit them to do so. In addition, Red Cross teams are currently helping to vaccinate U.S. service members on bases around the world.

Also:

COVID-19 Vaccine and Convalescent Plasma Donor Eligibility Information

Individuals who have received a COVID-19 vaccine are not able to donate convalescent plasma with the Red Cross.

However, these individuals may be eligible to donate other blood products with the Red Cross including whole blood and platelets if they meet other donation eligibility criteria.

The Red Cross acknowledges that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration did update its guidance regarding convalescent plasma donor eligibility related to those who receive a COVID-19 vaccine. We are evaluating the feasibility and timeline to implement this complex update, alongside the evolving hospital needs for COVID-19 patients. Please know, the Red Cross is committed to building a readily available inventory of convalescent plasma to ensure patients battling COVID-19 have all treatment options available to them.

If you have further eligibility questions, please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).

Please note: The Red Cross, as an organization, is not a healthcare provider and is not administering COVID-19 vaccinations in the U.S. However, Red Cross volunteers who are medical professionals may work with local authorities to help give vaccinations if their state licenses permit them to do so. In addition, Red Cross teams are currently helping to vaccinate U.S. service members on bases around the world.
All bolding is from the website and not mine.

If you have had a listed vaccine (which includes mRNA vaccines) and are feeling well, you can still donate. If you are not feeling well for any reason, you cannot (duh!). If you have had any other vaccine that is not listed, you can donate whole blood and platelets, but not convalescent plasma (plasma given to those suffering from the Chinese virus that contains antibodies for it) for two weeks; after two weeks, you can still donate.

This article is nothing more than sensationalism, and at the cost of trying to get people to not donate blood. I consider that abominable and irresponsible in the extreme. The truth is easily available for anyone who does due diligence.

I am suspicious of the vaccines as well, but sensational half truths and lies do nothing to help the situation.

TheRedneck

Individuals who have received a COVID-19 vaccine are not able to donate convalescent plasma with the Red Cross.

^^Am I reading this wrong? ^^
It says what the OP said, and is from the Red Cross website, according to you.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

The title is a lie. It's not at all what they said. Convalescent plasma =/= blood. They are still accepting convalescent plasma from those who got the vaccine as long as they got Covid in the past 6 months and got the vaccine after they were diagnosed.

Entire thread should be wastelanded.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Convalescent plasma isn't blood. The title of the thread claims that people can't donate blood, which isn't true. You can still donate whole blood, which they'll gladly take. Plasma is different from whole blood. Convalescent plasma is spun off from whole blood, and is used to transfer antibodies from one person to another through infusion. The blood it's spun off from is then put back into the donor's body, while the plasma is bagged for later infusion. That is what the Red Cross is talking about.
edit on 5/20/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

No. Blood and plasma are being used interchangeably. The Red Cross is talking about plasma, not whole blood. You can still donate whole blood just fine if you got the vaccine.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The Red Cross acknowledges that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration did update its guidance regarding convalescent plasma donor eligibility related to those who receive a COVID-19 vaccine. We are evaluating the feasibility and timeline to implement this complex update, alongside the evolving hospital needs for COVID-19 patients. Please know, the Red Cross is committed to building a readily available inventory of convalescent plasma to ensure patients battling COVID-19 have all treatment options available to them.

Guidelines have been updated. The vaccine does not destroy antibodies. OP is an entire lie. You can donate after vaccination the Red Cross is just a tad slow updating to the new guidelines.

Blood is not effected, the OP is a lie.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The OP stated that one could not donate blood after taking the vaccine. That is not true. One can donate blood regardless of vaccination status. One can also donate convalescent plasma as long as the vaccination was one of those specified, which includes the very vaccines the OP is talking about.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Convalescent plasma isn't blood. The title of the thread claims that people can't donate blood, which isn't true. You can still donate whole blood, which they'll gladly take. Plasma is different from whole blood. Convalescent plasma is spun off from whole blood, and is used to transfer antibodies from one person to another through infusion. The blood it's spun off from is then put back into the donor's body, while the plasma is bagged for later infusion. That is what the Red Cross is talking about.

I am aware of what it is. I watched convalescent plasma drip into my arm through an IV.
Read this from the OP:

The Red Cross says: "Anyone who has received their Covid-19 vaccine cannot donate convalescent plasma to help other Covid-19 patients in hospitals.

Then Redneck posted that same thing, confirming that the Red Cross has those words on their website., then calls the OP info 'disinformation'.
My point is that the Red Cross confirms that you can not donate convalescent plasma if you have been vaccinated.
This actually affects me, as I plan to donate plasma since I now have antibodies and want to help people that need it.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You can donate after vaccination the Red Cross is just a tad slow updating to the new guidelines.

Once they speed up their updating, I will agree that the plasma part is disinfo.... but if they could take the time to post that they are going to update, why keep what is being called disinfo still on their website?
edit on b000000312021-05-20T08:04:35-05:0008America/ChicagoThu, 20 May 2021 08:04:35 -0500800000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The OP claims you can't donate blood or plasma though, which is wrong. The FDA released guidelines that convalescent plasma from vaccinated people should come from people that had the virus in the last six months, and were vaccinated. They want antibodies directly related to immune response to the virus, not from the vaccine. The Red Cross is still accepting convalescent plasma from vaccinated people if their antibody count is high enough. They're accepting plasma and blood from vaccinated people regardless.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Keep reading:

The Red Cross acknowledges that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration did update its guidance regarding convalescent plasma donor eligibility related to those who receive a COVID-19 vaccine. We are evaluating the feasibility and timeline to implement this complex update, alongside the evolving hospital needs for COVID-19 patients.

The Red Cross is following FDA guidelines and thus will be accepting convalescent plasma donations form vaccinated people as soon as they get their ducks in a row. This is nothing new for new drugs. Until the FDA approves plasma donations, no one can accept them.

The FDA just agreed that convalescent plasma can be donated.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am truly SHOCKED that a video from bitchute isn’t telling the truth.

SHOCKED I say. My world has just crumbled.

Edit: now do the thread where Joe Biden is going to ration everyones meat.

edit on 20-5-2021 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Blood transfusions are a little bit different then the convalescent plasma transfusion. Most transfusions come from whole blood to treat people in car accidents, ect. Theres also plasma donations, which is where they separate the plasma from the whole blood and use it to treat patients for various issues. When covid came out, blood donors who had covid, and fully recovered, were able to donate plasma which would ONLY go to patients in the hospital that were suffering from covid, because they had the antibodies. Which worked! What they are saying is that the vaccine does not have the antibodies, actually makes patients with covid much worse, and if you've been vaccinated you can not give your plasma to the people who currently have covid in the hospital.
So yes, if you've been vaccinated you can donate whole blood. You just can't donate convalescent plasma. Also- anyone who has had covid in the past, and not had the vaccine, I would highly encourage you to donate plasma!

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
Maybe I should slow down on this subject. But I keep finding more nasty stuff where ever I accidentally look. The crazy doctors say that the vaccine will destroy your immune system. And now I find this gem. It looks like those doctors weren't living in a fantasy land after all.

The Red Cross says: "Anyone who has received their Covid-19 vaccine cannot donate convalescent plasma to help other Covid-19 patients in hospitals. The vaccine wipes out the antibodies making the convalescent plasma ineffective in treating other Covid-19 patients."

So people who need blood transfusions will be unable to get one?

So will they just have to die?

edit on 20-5-2021 by Alicat12 because: I wanted to add information to clarify that people should still donate blood if they can, but aware that vaccinated people are unable to donate convalescent plasma at this time.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Keep it up funny guy and I'll slap a sleeper hold on you with my VidVax-magnetized biceps.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You know I read the title and I knew you was going to be the person who wrote it. I don't even know why I clicked in. You spend your whole day and night spamming misinformation, and this is the third time I've seen you post information that could actually result in harm to others. Is that your goal?

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
Maybe I should slow down on this subject. But I keep finding more nasty stuff where ever I accidentally look. The crazy doctors say that the vaccine will destroy your immune system. And now I find this gem. It looks like those doctors weren't living in a fantasy land after all.

The Red Cross says: "Anyone who has received their Covid-19 vaccine cannot donate convalescent plasma to help other Covid-19 patients in hospitals. The vaccine wipes out the antibodies making the convalescent plasma ineffective in treating other Covid-19 patients."

The Red Cross doesn't want Blood from the Vaccinated

edit on 20-5-2021 by MayRenee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You can donate after vaccination the Red Cross is just a tad slow updating to the new guidelines.

Once they speed up their updating, I will agree that the plasma part is disinfo.... but if they could take the time to post that they are going to update, why keep what is being called disinfo still on their website?

OP says BLOOD, which is a lie. He says the vaccine destroys antibodies, which is a lie.

When OP changes title to "Red Cross slow to update to new guidelines concerning donating convalescent plasma after vaccination" let me know. He took a sliver of truth and stretched it into a mile wide lie.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
We need to get Earth's population down to a manageable 500 million maximum, in a real hurry. The Icebergs are melting! The planet is dying! The vaccines are a godsend! We should be thankful for them. This will increase the health of humanity so we can reach our goals, in order to save the planet. If Joe Biden hadnt won by a landslide, we would all be in trouble. Trump wanted to inject us all with Clorox and stick a ultra violet light probe up our butts. He has been swiftly defeated. The gods have spoken. They will guide us now, back to prosperity. My dad forbid me and my sisters from getting the shots, so I really appreciate you all doing your part and picking up the slack from slackers like myself. Thank you, and good night!

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If only he knew what meat is...a reply to: underwerks

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: underwerks

Keep it up funny guy and I'll slap a sleeper hold on you with my VidVax-magnetized biceps.

I’m just surprised to see something put in the LOL forum. I thought that was discontinued.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
If only he knew what meat is...a reply to: underwerks

Oh lord the last thing we need is a vegan President.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join