It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Farmers Sue the Government for Racism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: dandandat2

a reply to: dandandat2

And if someone must be punished than punish rich white men .

how do you plan on doing that? Raise my taxes, put more restrictions on what I can grow. Institute economic caps on the
market prices, Raise prices on seed, equipment and fuel.

You've already done that....what do you want???

Not really sure why you edited a quote from me.

Biden's not a farmer, how are you going to punish him?

I am still not following you. I never said Biden was a farmer.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: JAGStorm

The best way to make racists is to make another group feel they are being treated unfairly.

We're talking about the people who picked a fight with the force that walks around armed for a living and have targeted the people who make up 70% of this country. Democrats don't really gleam with intelligence.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You got what you voted for, pure and simple.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   

how do you plan on doing that? Raise my taxes, put more restrictions on what I can grow. Institute economic caps on the

I'm done...I selling the place that been in my family for over 100 years. I just don't care!!

Are we supposed to feel sorry for you? You voted for this, so enjoy!!! Meanwhile many have legitimate complaints that didn’t vote for their own demise.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine
a reply to: JAGStorm

IDK it seems like the black farmer makes a good argument.

This fool? He does NOT make a good case at all, he comes off as a whiny spoiled brat aware of & pouting that he might not get his no-strings freebies in the end to hold over others' heads after all.

John Boyd, president of the National Black Farmers Association, told Yahoo Finance that the lawsuit “shows the troubling pattern, and it looks like we’re going back in time in history where they just don’t want Blacks to have anything and be willing to be treated with dignity and respect. That’s it."

That's not a case made. That's a whine, and it clearly says "Dammit, they saw through the BS again!"

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So they perpetuate their pain by electing the very same man and his cronies?!

Give me a break!

If that's the case, they either have serious Stockholm syndrome, are every bit as stupid as the racists they vote for accuse them of being, or think they will get their revenge. You tell me.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

I'm done...I selling the place that been in my family for over 100 years. I just don't care!!

Are we supposed to feel sorry for you? You voted for this, so enjoy!!! Meanwhile many have legitimate complaints that didn’t vote for their own demise.

I'm not looking for sympathy, btw, I voted for Jo Jorgensen the Libertarian candidate not biden.
Now I'm economically free to produce my own projects and work for people I respect. LIVIN THE DREAM....
edit on 12-5-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's simple. Racism can't be fought with Racism.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's like he thinks they won't get anything if everyone has access to the program. Greedy.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So they perpetuate their pain by electing the very same man and his cronies?!

Give me a break!

If that's the case, they either have serious Stockholm syndrome, are every bit as stupid as the racists they vote for accuse them of being, or think they will get their revenge. You tell me.

Its tribalism; where the transgressions of those belonging to your tribe are seen as inconsequential.

The movement should be changed to Democrats Lives Matter because that's is how these people first and foremost identify.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

That's not a case made. That's a whine, and it clearly says "Dammit, they saw through the BS again!"

I think I might've experienced white guilt for a minute.

Thanks for snapping me out of it.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

$40k vs $190k?

Going to need sauce for that one, I live in farm country, and I can guarantee you no average farmer makes this regardless of race.

In my state the second largest land owner is native, behind the State itself. He leases the land to any race to farm or run livestock on. None of his customers make that much.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

$40k vs $190k?

Going to need sauce for that one, I live in farm country, and I can guarantee you no average farmer makes this regardless of race.

In my state the second largest land owner is native, behind the State itself. He leases the land to any race to farm or run livestock on. None of his customers make that much.

Its from the OP link

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

The number of black farmers in America peaked in 1920, when there were 949,889. Today, of the country’s 3.4 million total farmers, only 1.3%, or 45,508, are black, according to new figures from the US Department of Agriculture released this month. They own a mere 0.52% of America’s farmland. By comparison, 95% of US farmers are white. The black farmers who have managed to hold on to their farms eke out a living today. They make less than $40,000 annually, compared with over $190,000 by white farmers, which is probably because their average acreage is about one-quarter that of white farmers.

Alright, so weve established theres a lack of black farmers due to not wanting to work on a farm. Im not aware of any white movement to stop blacks from being farmers. The gentleman in the article attributes it to not being able to compete with larger(corperate owned or leased mind you) farms. Baloney.

Good luck getting larger plots of land to expand your farm. Its either being used or owned by a bank by now.

Continues;

The black farmers who have managed to hold on to their farms eke out a living today. They make less than $40,000 annually, compared with over $190,000 by white farmers, which is probably because their average acreage is about one-quarter that of white farmers.

So we now know that the lesser profits are due to black farmers making up only .05% of farm land, which was due to the lack of farms for sale next to their existing plots.

How often do you think these come up for sale? It isnt the frontier anymore, the land is already owned by someone somewhere.

This isnt racism, its economics

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Black farmers got the same right to sell their produce at a price that causes them to be close to bankrupt every year just like white people do. Farming does not pay that great for all the hard work and risk involved. But people in the cities want cheap food, so farmers don't get what they should get for their products.

The sad part is it doesn't take much difference in the price to make it much better for the farmers. I have a good friend that owns a cherry orchard and some years they just let the cherries rot on the trees as the cost to pick and process is more than the going price.

That is even using illegals to pick and process who can do about 10 times more in a day than a typical American.
edit on 12-5-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So we now know that the lesser profits are due to black farmers making up only .05% of farm land, which was due to the lack of farms for sale next to their existing plots.

How often do you think these come up for sale? It isnt the frontier anymore, the land is already owned by someone somewhere.

This isnt racism, its economics

Farmland can be rather rare to see on the market, and who will buy it, someone from the city? lol

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

Its from the OP link

Saying 40k compared to 190k is basically saying the 40k is a smaller farm. Farming yields about 20 to 30 bucks per acre profit. Like 350 gross but 320 to 330 expense per acre. So at 25 bucks profit 40k would be 1600 acres, and 190k would be 7,600 acres...just simple math...lol

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's not only farming. Last month I had to sit through a meeting about our Company using businesses owned by women and minorities as vendors. There are States, Cities and Companies who won't do business with you unless you have a certain percentage of each. There's a push to include Transgendered owners as well.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
It's simple. Racism can't be fought with Racism.

It's like sleeping with the football team to try and be a virgin.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

$40k vs $190k?

Where I live, the farmers drive new F250 trucks, and their kids drive Mustangs to school. They live in nice brick homes.

I worked with farmers, and most of them are quick to complain about people on welfare and drawing government checks. Yet they are the very same people that take USDA government subsidies and insurance payouts.

They run in cliques and snub people that “ ain’t from ‘roun heyah”

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join