It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fanatec announce CSL DD Wheel Base for the budget minded Racer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just a heads up for any sim racers out there who have been considering taking the next step and investing in a direct drive wheel but are put off buy the price , Fanatec have announced a new DD wheel base aimed at users of consumer grade wheels like myself , the CSL DD will release in Q3 for the budget friendly price of $349,95 , the price is for the base alone so a wheel rim , pedals and even desk clamp are extras but even so it's a mouth watering prospect for racers who want to get a taste of that lovely Direct Drive goodness.

I'll wait for reviews of the product to weigh up the pros and cons but for that price all being well my Logitech G29 may be about to head into retirement.
forum.fanatec.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Awesome.....looking to upgrade from my g29 as well I’m the near future......is this ps5 compatible?

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TechnoAssassin1

Depends on Sony I guess although I'm not sure if the CSL DD will class as an officially licensed product.

Today, Playstation finally made the announcement you were waiting for for such a long time.

Your Fanatec wheel bases and racing wheels which are officially PS4 licensed will be compatible to the new PS5!

This is a consumer friendly and important decision and makes sure that you can continue to use your valuable equipment for a very long time.

Microsoft already made a similar announcement so all current console products in our portfolio are future proof.

I can also tell you that we are in close contact with Polyphony so it is very likely that our wheels will be fully supported by GT7 from day 1.
forum.fanatec.com...

edit on 24-4-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Cool, they mentioned gt7 so will hopefully be supported. I’ll bag one when the game comes out as I’m in the market for a new seat/stand to put it all on. Might get something from that company, is it olayseat?

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Conversely... for the real hobby enthusiast.
www.sectorxsimulations.com...

I'm shook by this. I am not a big racing gamer. I saw the $350 price tag you were calling "budget" and thought "that's budget?" So I looked up these direct drive wheels and some of the packages floating around the web. Good Lord! At the price points I'm seeing, why not just save a few grand more and buy and actual race car?

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

why not just save a few grand more and buy and actual race car?

Because with sim racing you can drive many different cars and race them on circuits around the world , plus you don't have to fork out to repair it when you plough into a wall.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And with Sony announcing the psvr2 headset, you’ll feel like your actually there......lols

Just praying gt7 supports vr out the gate......
edit on 24-4-2021 by TechnoAssassin1 because: Spelling misteak

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm certainly grabbing one to replace my G27 when they release, but not for what you think. I don't race, I truck in ATS.
I built my own Eaton Fuller 18spd shift knob out of an actual EF knob,mounted on a just purchased Clubsport shifter. I have also built a 15 input button box, with functioning keyed ignition. TrackIR for tracking, and a 14" wheel on my G27 means I'm good for hours.
edit- I forgot about the 8" bass shaker on my chair, and a 4" one mounted to the bottom of the shifter. Let's me feel the truck to know when I need to shift nicely.
A DD wheel will be a nice upgrade for sure.a reply to: gortex

edit on 24-4-2021 by comawhite12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join