It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seasoned Salt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Better than anything you can buy...

1 Tbsp - Salt
1 Tbsp - Celery Salt
1-1/2 Tsp - Cane Sugar
1 Tsp - Paprika (Hungarian)
1/4 Tsp - Garlic Powder
1/4+ Tsp - Onion Powder
1/4 Tsp - Turmeric
1/4 Tsp - Cornstarch

Mix thoroughly, place in a jar or shaker and use on everything you like seasoned salt on (which is about everything).

ETA - You can go heavy on the Paprika for color of the seasoning, and a little heavy on the Turmeric for coloring of foods.

That is all.

edit on 4/18/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
What's the cornstarch for?
Otherwise looks like a keeper recipe.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Maybe its to thicken up any juices that come out of the meat, so they dont drip off.

Im making abalone tonight. I have to clean them, and cut them out of the shell, pound them and do an egg dip, then into panko to sauté in butter

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
PS the seasoning sounds good. Its something like I would mix up. My little sister always brings me spices from other countries when she travels. I love good fresh spices, and grow them all year round. They can really make all the difference in a seasoning salt

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Keeps the Sugar from clumping with the other spices, especially the Turmeric.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thank you for the recipe.
I've taken kosher salt and smoked it with apple wood.
Mmmmmmmm.

But tonight we... I mean my sister made some Chicken Leek soup with mushrooms and leftover Ditalini pasta. We added truffle salt to the mug after, and only a pinch.

As always,
🌟&🇺🇸👍🏼

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Excellent recipe!

To kick it up, add cayenne 🌶 and a 🍺 to cool down the heat. 🍻

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That recipe actually looks like it would be a good combo and percentages. We have everything there in stock too, I also have old spice containers to mix it in. What kind of stuff does it go best on?

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is the same as the copycat Lawrys seasoned salt except you added celery salt.

😂

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Someday everyone should try putting their salt in a smoker for a bit.

And their pasta as well.

The smoke molecules last a long time.

PM sent....

edit on 18-4-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I love it. Still use it some. Wife severe allergy...gets hyper, lips swell....

PS At store: Lemon and Pepper SEASONING like for fish in little letters says (seasoned SALT)!!!! Damn! It was just supposed to be LEMON and PEPPER. Seasoning. Period.

So, thnx FCD for the alternative recipe!!! (For me!!!)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I love it. Still use it some. Wife severe allergy...gets hyper, lips swell....

PS At store: Lemon and Pepper SEASONING like for fish in little letters says (seasoned SALT)!!!! Damn! It was just supposed to be LEMON and PEPPER. Seasoning. Period.

So, thnx FCD for the alternative recipe!!! (For me!!!)

Does your wife's skin get red when she uses that stuff. It could be a Eugenol intolerance if the celery salt is made out of celerian root. It is a Benzene chemistry some people are intolerant to and it is usually in Seasoning salt. Eugenol is in the lower stem...white part of celery, and in the top and in the leaves it is a similar chemistry called appigenin and I am not intolerant to that but I am to anything with Eugenol in it. If you cook food like Basil that has eugenol in it long enough it is destroyed, but appigenin is heat stable. Some people are also intolerant to appigenin. Those chemicals are in the balsam of peru allergy.

I wish I could stop my stars at 99,999....that would be kind of a cool number. Once it goes to a hundred grand I am a millenial and I don't want to be that age again.
edit on 18-4-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I gave you your 99,999 star, how cool is that?

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Goes well on a lot of things. One standout is chicken wings done in the air fryer.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Funny you would mention this. Just this morning I was cleaning out a cabinet and came across some we'd bought a while back. It really is good. It was coarse ground so I couldn't really use it in the seasoned salt recipe, but I'll bet it would be good.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Pasta! Hmmmm...
Seem to remember being told to do this to half cooked pasta so it takes in more smoke.

The issues I had earlier on was over smoking the food. I would put to much wood in the smoker, dry not dampened. The food was awful and made my mouth very numb😝😝

I stank on ice back early on.😥

Side note: someone used the smoker one day to smoke the salt with salmon that was smoking at the same time. Disssssssss Gusssssssss Sting!

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I gave you your 99,999 star, how cool is that?

Well look at that!

edit on 19-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: Saltines are dry and make me dry with humour

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Here in Wisconsin spices are a huge thing. Penzeys spices and the spice house. There is some
ongoing feud or something. There used to be a spice blend called Old Cedarburg. It was what I considered
the most perfect blend. Worked on any meat. Had a lovely balance.
Of COURSE they got rid of it!! argggg. Now there is a replacement, but it isn't the same.

Don't you hate it when you fall in love something and it gets discontinued!

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I do!! There have been more than I can count, but I realized something in the process. Many of the spices we like are combinations of other spices. Ever since we remodeled the kitchen we put up a spice rack which has over 100+ spices on it, all in their natural state. It's amazing the spice blends you can make from these. All for a fraction of the cost.

And then there's the whole seed vs ground thing. We have a spice grinder, and that's nice, but some spices are nice to have ground on hand. Fennel is one of them, and right now we're out. Ground fennel is not something you can easily find. Could we grind it? Yes, but sometimes you just need a little and it's not worth grinding a bunch. I guess we could grind some up and put it in a jar, but hey, it's fun looking at all the spices out there in bulk.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Maybe I am spice lazy. I don't want to grind anything or mix it, I just want to buy a cute jar and it to taste good.
That blend I was talking about was perfection.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join