It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and China prepare to De-Exceptionalize American Exceptionalism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Thanks for letting me know what Russian state media thinks about America.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
America is not the land run by the deceivers....If you consider what is said in the bible, then god is no longer on the side of the USA. People cannot even comprehend that they are promoting deceit because it is accepted in our society now so much. We have been taught from young that it is profitable to believe a lie. The real Christians here have even been dragged into parroting deceit to survive. Pride and disrespect for others is also mentioned as bad in the bible. Gluttony is not just about food either, gluttony has led to high personal debt for many Americans and those who run the deception are glad to lend us money because it makes us into slaves of society.

This isn't about religion, it used to be that Americans believed god would protect them but now I think we are starting to get bad. Same goes for much of Europe, they are also getting spoiled in many countries but the people of the USA seem to hold the Trophy, heck, a lot of the young want a paycheck and work but are not interested in producing things our people actually need, a lot of them believe they are above swinging a hammer or working in fields to produce food for our countries people.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I was talking about the iodine tablets to protect your thyroid,
not the ones for water purification!

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I was talking about the iodine tablets to protect your thyroid,
not the ones for water purification!

got ya...lol

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
its like people forgot the cold war, we've always been challenged but that doesn't mean its already our loss. who knows, maybe we'll lose, maybe we'll win but its too soon to say we lost just because russia and china are challenging us. America might be in chaos but its always in chaos, always has been, but being unpredictable is our greatest strength. chaos wrecks plans without even trying.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I am usually wrong but I suspect China will sit back and let the United States duke it out with Russia for at least a little while. Then, they can take on the much weakened victor.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
I am usually wrong but I suspect China will sit back and let the United States duke it out with Russia for at least a little while. Then, they can take on the much weakened victor.

Russia's over-rated. It's economically weak, with a GDP similar to Italy, except less diverse. The only reason why Russia causes angst is that it has a very big military, is belligerent to its neighbours and antagonistic to everyone else. Has Russia any allies except Syria and Venezuela?

China is economically dependent on the West. Over the last few years there has been a hardening of attitudes towards China, so don't expect their free ride of the last couple of decades to continue. We now know that the policy to help China develop has not led to political liberalisation - in fact the opposite. The human rights abuse in China has worsened e.g., Hong Kong and the Uighurs (to name but two), so a policy shift is underway.

What I am saying is don't write America off. Don't write the developed world off either.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is what people who voted for the current administration voted for - Chinese and Russian dominance.

Yet in another thread here on ATS we have another Trump acolyte criticising Biden for taking a tough stance with Russia and China.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The OP got 62 stars - I'm certainly not a star whore but on some occasions it can give some sort of guide as to how popular something is - so he certainly isn't alone is his belief that Biden is standing up to China and Russia and thus the current administration most definitely is NOT all for 'Chinese and Russian dominance'.

Or is it that some people are simply going to criticise Biden and his policies no matter what?

I can remember the last couple of decades of The Cold War; this feels nothing like that.
Yes, tensions are high and its important that level heads are maintained at all times.

I can't see China being too aggressive regarding Taiwan; what it could lose in a head to head confrontation with the US and its allies far outweigh the benefits.
They are pushing 'China'(?) Joe' to see if he will stand up to them.
Its they type of political posturing that was very common during The Cold War - more to keep up pretences than anything else.

I'm sure we are all aware of the US's response when Khrushchev agreed to deploy nuclear missiles in Cuba.
The US quite rightly took an aggressive stance against it.
Could you imagine the reaction if it had been Canada or Mexico and not Cuba?
That is the sort of scenario facing Russia at present.

I'm not saying the US should cave in to Russian demands but it does pay to try and look at the other sides perspective when trying to understand motivations.

The one good thing is that MAD is as relevant today as it was during The Cold War....let's hope its just as effective.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Agree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join