It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID 19 Personal Hygiene Products

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
One of many things that changed since the virus is the necessary upgrades in personal Hygiene. Of course it's just my opinion, I believe we need more efficient products and I'm making some changes.

#1 for me is the soap. Antibacterial soaps are strongly recommended but they are too strong sometimes and I'm a tough man with delicate skin. I started to buy again tee tree oil soap. It's a great natural option instead of regular antibacterial soaps. I stopped buying it because it became expensive, now it's very affordable, you can buy a six count for about 20 bucks.

Shampoo is next to that. I shower 2 times a day, 3 times in summer. In my case, it has to be Anti-Dandruff. Sometimes regular Anti-D make things worse, maybe to strong for frequent use. Now I'm using one called T/Gel. this shampoo is really good.

I think the next research on my list would be hand sanitizer. I use it all day, all the time but I believe it has to be a natural option without sacrificing efficiency. I'm open to suggestions.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I shower 2 times a day, 3 times in summer.

Wowza! That's a lot of showering. Are you sure that's healthy?

I shower about once a week and would be scared to wash away my protective biome with that many showers.

Totally agree on the tea tree oil products. They are excellent and mighty.
edit on 14-4-2021 by igloo because: added thought

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

is there a brand you recommend on the tea tree oil soap? i'm not a fan of the anti-bacterial myself... i think if you wash your hands for a suitable period of time the anti-bacterial factor doesn't really add any extra power.

i don't know what you do for bath soap but showering 2-3 times a day i'd look for something moisturizing. goat's milk maybe. i like Zum for that.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I shower about once a week

Maybe neither of these is exactly right...

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Hahaha..., one time I spent 3 days in the Andes, camping. Not even enough water to drink, no river, no rain.

That was my excuse.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I use tee tree oil soap for shower, wash my hands or any other use. Here the link for what I use.

www.amazon.com...

There are many other options, some of better quality but more expensive.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm glad I use Dial, and I wish everyone did.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I'm glad I use Dial, and I wish everyone did.

You made me remember those day when I had to pay child support.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Are you a sanitation engineer?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Shampoo is next to that. I shower 2 times a day, 3 times in summer. In my case, it has to be Anti-Dandruff. Sometimes regular Anti-D make things worse, maybe to strong for frequent use. Now I'm using one called T/Gel. this shampoo is really good.

Skip the dandruff shampoo, rinse your hair really well with apple cider vinegar, then with water.
Thank me later when you don't have dandruff.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I' saw a commercial for the Navage nose cleaner...like a motorized neti-pot...and it got me to thinking...use one of those just prior to a nasal swab CoViD test, and it might just get you a clean test result!

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Lava bar soap is the ONLY soap worthy enough to me to be considered manly. Unless you`ve worked up a good sweat or just took a sh!t theres no reason to take that many showers.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

Now when someone can develop a similar product to pass an urinalysis test for a job pre-screen, they`d be in the Bill Gates sort of dough real quick.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You’re absolutely pussifying your immune system. We aren’t SUPPOSED to live in a sterile world.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I like using Desert Essence products. I shower every night before bed, and use a body oil afterwards. In the morning I use an antifungal cream in my beard, followed up with tea tree oil and Best Damn Beard oil, then the same brand beard balm around lunch.

I brush my teeth and floss after every meal.

I don't use cologne, but I use a blend of tea tree oil, bergamot, and blue tansy.

I used to use witch hazel throughout the day, but I can't find any that hasn't got alcohol in it or any other BS petrol chemical in it anymore.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Showering two to three times a day is not really good for anyone. It can wash the oils out of the skin and make it sensitive to bacteria. Human squalene is part of the lipid that gets washed away. You can rinse off more often, but only use soap once a day max. Squalene also protects us from skin cancer. polysorbate 80 and other emulsifiers in soap and shampoos cause it to be washed off.

That is my recommendation, do whatever you want, I am just trying to inform you that washing too much is not good for the vast majority of people. the more times you use soap, the more sensitive the skin gets for most people. Even natural soaps can cause problems if you shower too much.

If you wash with soap all the time, the body will shuffle more and more protective lipids to the area, and you actually feel greasy all the time....it is trying to fix the problem you are creating.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

There are some products that are actually fairly mild and have long term effect.

I would not normally promote a company or product on ATS, but people should research this one, at least:

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   

edit on 14-4-2021 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Are you a sanitation engineer?

Before this thread, I thought it was normal.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I didn't know that. Thanks for that more natural option.

<<   2 >>

join