It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona School to Discipline by Race

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The problem is that the parents of the kids who are your biggest problems won't care or can't care enough to get them there. How do you think they got to be the problems they are in the first place in most cases?

Not to mention you will run into the same criticism that school vouchers get - what about parents who just can't get their poor kids to the military base for ISS? It's racist! Just like it's racist to require those same folks to get a free picture ID to vote.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Just more racism-obsessed LUNACY.

Arizona/California teachers:

edit on 8-4-2021 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You know it.
I have a lawyer friend in this small town. The amount of time assaults, domestics, and even organsized gang activity gets totally dismissed purely on account of native heritage or even FAS. He was raised on a reserve not his fault. She drank her baby to death not her fault.

Natives often don’t get charged for giving a child FAS and then that kid grows up to not get charged after breaking the law because of their FAS what a glorious system.

a reply to: vonclod

edit on 8-4-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Of course that's where this is headed; its just too early to see the end game because the kids are too young.

Obviously the way this works is that when faced with these conditions, Anglo and Asian parents (Asian is classified as White by the Woke Classifiers) will take their kids out of the public schools, leaving only the governent's favored races or tribes in the public schools. This is already happening on a large scale in Texas.

So, what happens ten to 15 years down the road when the White/Asian kids want to go to University? Well per an article I read last week, the message of the Uni's to the Public School systems on the East Coast has been to pursue Equity and Critical Race theory in K-!2 so they are ready for the University environment, i.e. pre-programmed.

So the White/Asian kids who went to private acadamey's or home schooled will find it impossible to go to Uni in the US, (or Canada) because they missed the programming.

They will be forced out of the country for an education. South America had been a big target till Covid; France will take them if they can speak French; Germany, Spain, etc.

You may think this bizaare or impossible but MHP, (Mellisa Harris Perry) an MSM host often and publicly stated that the goal of these people is to make the US the New South Africa and to do that, they need the white people to leave!

And they will and....they are.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I thought Gould had the last words on this all the way back in the 80s or so. We all had to read his analyses at least and so I don't get if I'm supposed to keep believing we are equal and should be treated as such OR that or that black people need a leg up in every aspect of life because I had initially thought just using common sense that THAT...that pity driven, suggestion of inherent incompetence is what is racist. I tell you what..it's as if they will use anything immediately apparent from skin color to...gosh I dunno, the smoothness of the heel if need be to tell people they'd better look at one side with disgust or sadness and the other with fear and violent urges. Hmmm...Heelter Skeelter.
edit on 4/8/2021 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

The real problem:

Kids who get to school lacking the necessary social skills and training to be students. This is a problem that begins in the home and it's generational now.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.foxnews.com...

It hasn't happened yet, but there are talks.

CARD: I was upset about multiple things. Primarily the emphasis on disciplining by race and having measurable goals, I’m using their words, measurable goals to decrease discipline for specifically Black students. That's bothered me. Also, another thing that really stuck out was that they want to measure goals for academic success of Black and Hispanic students. There’s no talk about all students, all races, all genders. It’s very specific, and so those are two of the things that really stood out.

This story is flying under the radar. I think people keep trying to merge two opposing issues, and it won't work.
The first issue is real racism.
The second issue is wanting to correct the first one with REAL racism.

To make my point clear, are there some racist teachers, yes of course. Are they the root cause of all these students getting disciplined, of course not.

All this constant talk about racism has left people confused. They feel like they need to do something to fix the problem they are told about... this is what we get. All according to plan.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The real problem:

Hyperbolic politicians and media.

Fixed it

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

No. I've lived it. I taught in an urban school.

They don't know how to show up on time for class; how to sit still and be quiet; they have no respect for themselves, others, property, or their teachers; and they do not know how to come consistently. There are others, but these are all markers of the urban class of pretty much every race. There are also exceptions of every race too - those poor kids whose parent(s) are working hard to make it and working hard to make sure their kids make it, but there are far too few of them to make the difference in most classrooms.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Schools were never that good at or could teach critical thinking, and there aint nothing critical at all about said "Critical Race Theory".

Next thing you know, the employers will say "you dont get paid to think" but will complain that you didn't use your head, and followed every direction. And then you tell him the guy down the street will pay me more.

That when they can legally ask for a raise. Didnt critically think of that did you, head of mirco management depot.
edit on 9-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Rob808

No. I've lived it. I taught in an urban school.

They don't know how to show up on time for class; how to sit still and be quiet; they have no respect for themselves, others, property, or their teachers; and they do not know how to come consistently. There are others, but these are all markers of the urban class of pretty much every race. There are also exceptions of every race too - those poor kids whose parent(s) are working hard to make it and working hard to make sure their kids make it, but there are far too few of them to make the difference in most classrooms.

Reading your post reminds me of my stubborn old man, and how he didn't even graduate high school, hell possibly even elementary due to a lack of participation. While even getting the blunt of a meter stick from skipping from what he told me.

He couldnt add 2+2 but he is one hell of technical handy man. Now he says school this, school that, blah blah.

He always used to tell me it was ether school or work, which probably these days amounts to child labor thanks to liberalism, while these kids think they are full grown adults, who end being 40 thinking they are 20, sucking on a bottle.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Gulp, despite my growing nostalgic conservatism, perhaps this is not the best time to bring back the cane:

"So master Halfoldman, what unfortunate incident bring you to my office today?
It goes without saying that it will be six cuts for being white, and another six because your left sock was two centimeters below your right sock".

I can actually imagine it.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: mikeone718

I think discrimination would be a more fitting description than racism (this is the case 95% of the time).

But yes... They are being openly discriminatory.

Thing is discrimination is usually a result of something else. Almost no one discriminates just for the sake of discriminating. They usually have some underlying bias (sex, age, race, whatever) that leads to the actual discrimination.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: JAGStorm

Of course that's where this is headed; its just too early to see the end game because the kids are too young.

Obviously the way this works is that when faced with these conditions, Anglo and Asian parents (Asian is classified as White by the Woke Classifiers) will take their kids out of the public schools, leaving only the governent's favored races or tribes in the public schools. This is already happening on a large scale in Texas.

So, what happens ten to 15 years down the road when the White/Asian kids want to go to University? Well per an article I read last week, the message of the Uni's to the Public School systems on the East Coast has been to pursue Equity and Critical Race theory in K-!2 so they are ready for the University environment, i.e. pre-programmed.

So the White/Asian kids who went to private acadamey's or home schooled will find it impossible to go to Uni in the US, (or Canada) because they missed the programming.

They will be forced out of the country for an education. South America had been a big target till Covid; France will take them if they can speak French; Germany, Spain, etc.

You may think this bizaare or impossible but MHP, (Mellisa Harris Perry) an MSM host often and publicly stated that the goal of these people is to make the US the New South Africa and to do that, they need the white people to leave!

And they will and....they are.

Sir, this is a Wendy's

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The real problem:

Kids who get to school lacking the necessary social skills and training to be students. This is a problem that begins in the home and it's generational now.

Of course recognizing that "the problem begins at home" is a good step in the right direction.

However that does nothing to solve the problem.

We live in a society.

Parents struggling, working 16 hour days at 2 jobs making $9 an hour to make ends meet can't really "parent* their children, and when they do it probably isn't the best parenting bc resources are thin and they're exhausted, agitated, and lost.

Some parents give I'm to their environment to try and make it work which makes it even worse for some kids.

The solution isn't "tell ppl to stop having kids then".. not realistic.. and it doesn't help the kids right now. Which is why we need social solutions.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

We have a metric ton of so-called social solutions now, and none of them work.

So, yeah, maybe not having kids is actually the answer. If a person, or two people for that matter, can't be responsible for themselves, then why are we thinking it's perfectly OK for them to have kids and bring more people into the picture?

Very early on in our marriage, my husband and I went to the welfare office just to see if there was a program that could temporarily help us over a hard spell. Do you know what we were told? The only way we could qualify for any aid was if I were pregnant! Talk about sending the wrong message. Here we were, not able to take care of ourselves, but the only way to get any aid was to bring in a third. Get paid for a baby.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

We have a metric ton of so-called social solutions now, and none of them work.

So, yeah, maybe not having kids is actually the answer. If a person, or two people for that matter, can't be responsible for themselves, then why are we thinking it's perfectly OK for them to have kids and bring more people into the picture?

Very early on in our marriage, my husband and I went to the welfare office just to see if there was a program that could temporarily help us over a hard spell. Do you know what we were told? The only way we could qualify for any aid was if I were pregnant! Talk about sending the wrong message. Here we were, not able to take care of ourselves, but the only way to get any aid was to bring in a third. Get paid for a baby.

And therein lies the trap. Just like any drug dealer, I can help you get past just this one difficult time, try this....and you are hooked.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: mikeone718

I think discrimination would be a more fitting description than racism (this is the case 95% of the time).

But yes... They are being openly discriminatory.

And prejudiced. The term "racist/racism" has been so overused that people have grown complacent on the real meaning of it.

Yeah, some people forget that racists believe “that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others,” says one dictionary. Yet, as is noted in The World Book Encyclopedia, researchers “have not discovered any scientific basis for such claims of [racial] superiority.” The gross injustices that racism fosters, such as people’s systematic denial of rights to fellow humans (racial discrimination), are painful evidence that racism rests on falsehoods and fallacies.

Of course, the act of discrimination can have different motives than merely racist beliefs/thoughts and emotions, but it is exclusively referring to an act rather than to people's inner thoughts and emotions (racism can refer to both, racist acts or beliefs). There's a similar difference between discrimination and prejudice (where prejudice is exclusively related to people’s inner thoughts and emotions, in that sense making it different than racism as well). However, when these terms are used in the right way, it does show their relation to one another in spite of their differences in meaning.

On March 21, 2012, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon stated: “There are many valuable treaties and tools​—as well as a comprehensive global framework—​to prevent and eradicate racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance. Nevertheless, racism continues to cause suffering for millions of people around the world.”

Even in lands where some progress has been made in combating racial and other forms of prejudice, the question remains: Have the improvements really rooted out the deep-seated feelings of people or have they merely curbed the outward manifestation of those feelings? Some believe that at best such improvements only help prevent discrimination but may be powerless at eliminating prejudice. Why so? Because discrimination is an act that can be seen and punished by law, whereas prejudice is related to people’s inner thoughts and emotions, which cannot be easily regulated.

Therefore, any attempt to eliminate prejudice must not merely curb discriminatory acts but also change a person’s thoughts and feelings toward people of another group. Granted, we may be unable to eliminate the discrimination we see around us, but we can work to root out prejudices that may lodge within ourselves.

A good start is to acknowledge that none of us are above developing prejudices. The book Understanding Prejudice and Discrimination says: “Perhaps the most important conclusions to emerge from prejudice research are these: (1) no one capable of human thought and speech is immune from harboring prejudice, (2) it often takes deliberate effort and awareness to reduce prejudice, and (3) with sufficient motivation, it can be done.”

Education has been described as “the most powerful tool” in the fight against prejudice. The right education can, for example, expose the root causes of prejudice, enable us to examine our own attitudes more objectively, and help us deal wisely with prejudice when we are victims.

Getting to the roots:

Prejudice causes people to distort, misinterpret, or even ignore facts that conflict with their predetermined opinions. Prejudice may have its beginnings in seemingly innocent, but misguided, family values, or it may be sown by those who deliberately promote warped views of other races or cultures. Prejudice can also be fostered by nationalism and false religious teachings. And it can be a product of inordinate pride.

Nationalism. One dictionary defines nationalism as “a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations.” Ivo Duchacek, a professor of political science, observed in his book Conflict and Cooperation Among Nations: “Nationalism divides humanity into mutually intolerant units. As a result people think as Americans, Russians, Chinese, Egyptians, or Peruvians first, and as human beings second​—if at all.” A former UN secretary-general wrote: “So many of the problems that we face today are due to, or the result of, false attitudes​—some of them have been adopted almost unconsciously. Among these is the concept of narrow nationalism​—‘my country, right or wrong.’”

▪ What does the Bible say? “God loved the world [all mankind] so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16) “God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.” (Acts 10:34, 35) Ask yourself, ‘If God’s love is impartial​—embracing people of all nations, including me—​should I not strive to imitate him, especially if I profess to reverence him?’

Racism. As mentioned before, the gross injustices that racism fosters, are painful evidence that racism rests on falsehoods and fallacies.

▪ What does the Bible say? “The truth will set you free.” (John 8:32) “[God] made out of one man every nation of men.” (Acts 17:26) “Not the way man sees is the way God sees, because mere man sees what appears to the eyes; but as for Jehovah, he sees what the heart is.” (1 Samuel 16:7) Ask yourself: ‘Do I try to see all humans as God does? Do I try to find out what others​—perhaps those of a different race or culture—​are really like by getting to know some of them personally?’ When we get to know people on a personal level, we more readily see through misleading stereotypes.

Religion. The book The Nature of Prejudice says: “Abominations inevitably result when men use their religion to justify [selfish pursuits] and ethnic self-interest. It is then that religion and prejudice merge.” What is especially striking, the same book observes, is how readily many religious people “seem to slip from piety into prejudice.” Evidence in support of those words is seen in racially exclusive churches, sectarian hatred and violence, and acts of terror inspired by religion.

▪ What does the Bible say? “The wisdom from above [from God] is . . . peaceable, reasonable, . . . not making partial distinctions.” (James 3:17) “The true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and [religious] truth.” (John 4:23) “Love your enemies and . . . pray for those persecuting you.” (Matthew 5:44) Ask yourself: ‘Does my religion promote genuine love toward all, even toward those who may want to hurt me? Are the doors of my church open to people of all kinds, regardless of nationality, skin color, gender, income, or social status?’

Pride. In the form of inordinate self-esteem or haughtiness, pride can make a person more susceptible to prejudice. For example, pride can cause a person to be prone to feelings of superiority or disdain toward the less educated or the materially poor. It may also make him inclined to believe propaganda that elevates his national or ethnic group. Clever propagandists, such as Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler, have deliberately nurtured national and racial pride to rally the support of the masses and to malign those considered to be different or undesirable.

▪ What does the Bible say? “Everyone that is proud in heart is something detestable to Jehovah.” (Proverbs 16:5) “[Do] nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with lowliness of mind [consider] that the others are superior to you.” (Philippians 2:3) Ask yourself: ‘Do I take secret delight in flattering comments about my own race or ethnic group or in disparaging remarks about others? Am I inclined to be jealous of those who have talents that I lack, or do I take genuine delight in their abilities?’

Yes, for good reason the Bible cautions: “More than all else that is to be guarded, safeguard your heart, for out of it are the sources of life.” (Proverbs 4:23) So view your heart as truly precious, and let nothing corrupt it! Instead, fill it with godly wisdom. Then, and only then, will ‘thinking ability and discernment safeguard you, to deliver you from the bad way, from the person speaking perverse things.’​—Proverbs 2:10-12.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Yeah, some people forget that racists believe “that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others,” says one dictionary. Yet, as is noted in The World Book Encyclopedia, researchers “have not discovered any scientific basis for such claims of [racial] superiority.” The gross injustices that racism fosters, such as people’s systematic denial of rights to fellow humans (racial discrimination), are painful evidence that racism rests on falsehoods and fallacies. ...

And who and what was instrumental in promoting the bolded belief by means of giving it the appearance of having a 'scientific' basis or justification for such claims? It were the promoters of the pseudoscience of evolutionary philosophies (promoted by falsehoods and fallacies posing as 'good science'), from whom we got eugenics as well, which was built upon the underlying ape-to-man (now apelike-to-man) evolutionary storyline and (ancient*) myth (all promoters of eugenics were also evolutionists, i.e. promoters or teachers of evolutionary philosophies and myths, you will not find a single one that wasn't an evolutionist first):

*: The Pagan Religious Roots of Evolutionary Philosophies and Philosophical Naturalism (part 1 of 2; playlist)

Take note of what he mentions at the end of part 1 (13:57) into part 2 (till 0:30).
edit on 13-4-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join