It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Ancestry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My Mothers father was from Quebec. Through his 20 years of military service, he started and abandoned no less than SIX families in 4 Canadian provinces, (there could he more). Legit families that he had fooled for years (I don't get it, but this was 50's through '70's, no online snooping was available).

No one really knew about each other until the early 80's, and when everything came out, he burned himself alive in one of his homes.

So, I really have no interest in that particular part of my geneaology, but my grandkids could have a heyday if they ever try to figure out their ancestry in the future!

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
True Romance?

Yes, you cantaloupe.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Definitely hereditary.

...and what's so wrong with wearing green leotards?

They make me feel pretty...and magical.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Absolutely nothing.....can I join?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

True Romance?

Yes, you cantaloupe.

Just the last throws of a dead man

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I saw a video over the weekend where some guy swabbed the inside of his iguana's mouth and sent it off to 23 and Me for DNA testing.
It came up that his ancestry traced back to Africa and Europe. They had specific parts of Africa and Europe listed.

I'm not sure I trust those companies doing the DNA testing.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

My stuff was traced back through family trees, research, and networking.

23 and me just gives you basically where you come from. it doesn't tell you family names or anything like that.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

My stuff was traced back through family trees, research, and networking.

23 and me just gives you basically where you come from. it doesn't tell you family names or anything like that.

I still think the iguana's roots should trace back to South America, since that is where iguanas come from.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

23 and me just gives you basically where you come from.

And in return you give them the ability to monetize your DNA.

Seems like a fair trade.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Husbands marrying his wife’s sister after the wife passed away.

That was a Mormon's practice. I think they used to do that with widows.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Best way to categorize all for the culling.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Tell me something cool about your ancestry.

One of my ancestors on my mother's side was among the original founders of the New Haven colony. He came to America in 1637 on the ship Hecter.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I saw a video over the weekend where some guy swabbed the inside of his iguana's mouth and sent it off to 23 and Me for DNA testing.
It came up that his ancestry traced back to Africa and Europe. They had specific parts of Africa and Europe listed.

I'm not sure I trust those companies doing the DNA testing.

Actually...I'm 1/1024th Iguana.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Husbands marrying his wife’s sister after the wife passed away.

That was a Mormon's practice. I think they used to do that with widows.

So Hunter Biden is Mormon?
edit on 6-4-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Word to the wise...don't do that 23&Me thing if you're worried about all your bast*rd children tracking you down.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
One of my Scottish ancestors was claimed to have been a 'Changeling'...placed, by the Fae, on the clan castle steps as a baby.

Now that is fascinating......

My family name is from a long line of warlocks, apparently our last name allows us to automatically
be witches or warlocks or something like that...

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I have a cool murder mystery / paranormal story that I’ll share later.

POST IT!
I love a mystery!

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: IAMTAT
One of my Scottish ancestors was claimed to have been a 'Changeling'...placed, by the Fae, on the clan castle steps as a baby.

Now that is fascinating......

My family name is from a long line of warlocks, apparently our last name allows us to automatically
be witches or warlocks or something like that...

Ditto.
Witches in my mom's line going back before my G-Grandmother.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Our family originated with the 15th King of Ossory (9th century)

Also in the family tree is Joseph Lister, the father of modern surgery (the dude Listerine was named after)

My folks have all the documents since my grandmothers both died so one of these days, I'll have a lot of reading to do.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I love my family's history... gets kinda crazy at times!

One branch of our family has been traced back to the Norman invasion, and both sides to the Puritan Migration to the New World. I like to say that my "Uncle Sam" is Sam Adams... 'cause he is!

I also have Civil War "heroes" on both sides -- north and south. (I use "hero" loosely for the latter. Sure, he won medals for his dirty deeds, but they were far from heroic.) Including two brothers! And the funny part is that the brother who fought for the North went on to make quite a name for himself and the company he started is still operating today. It's literally a household name. But the family (rightfully) disowned the brother that fought for the South, and pretends they don't know what happened to him. Tee hee hee!

On my husband's side, he and my kids can claim descendance from Geronimo himself... Not Geronimo's "official" family, but history doesn't record all of Geronimo's families. This branch fled to Mexico during the worst of the Apache wars to evade capture (and worse). And they were part of the uprising against Romney's polygamous family that also migrated to Mexico to protect their polygamy. There are no formal records, but the family legends and the resemblance speaks for itself. My husband's grandfather could be mistaken for Geronimo they look so much alike!

I guess we're all just a bunch of misfits and rabble rousers... it's in our blood... but we wear it proudly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join