It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2020 Storm Photo Contest

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is beautiful, terrifying, awesome, amazing, mystical, magical stuff. Here's the winner.

And there is more:
www.stormphotocontest.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's amazing how small one can feel in the presence of the casual yet powerful forces of nature.

Great photos, all of them. With such a range, it would have been a real challenge to decide which of them to call the best.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   
originally posted by: Phage

I love this photo - couldn't resist captioning it...

On the road out of Kansas, headed for the Oz Express...
...next stop: Somewhere over the rainbow!

edit on 5-4-2021 by lostgirl because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Perfect.
I hadn't thought of that. It's so obvious in retrospect.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I can't say that I would look for a pot of gold anywhere near that rainbow.
Star and flag!

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Stand in front of a tornado has always been in my bucket list. Just like that photo.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Something we can agree on! Storms are incredible and beautiful. When I was young (and still to this day) I would look forward to when we would get thunderstorms, especially the ones in mid to late summer. The thunder and the lightning marveled me and gave me a great interest in weather. I even got weather and cloud field guides to study it. I have noticed that here in the northeast we have had much less thunder storms and the severity of the storms has lessened, especially the last 10 years Or so.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Yes, exactly the same with me! Especially thunder and lightning are awe inspiring and makes me feel "energised" for want of a better word.

My most frightening experience was a few years ago. During a thunderstorm storm I witnessed the strangest type of lightning. I'll call it ball lightning, but I know there's a different term for it. The sky lit up like a normal lightning strike, but instead of discharging to the ground, it just exploded in air. It was the loudest explosion I'd ever heard and the light emitted was like a second sun.

It all happened very close to where I was and it knocked out the power grid in the neighbourhood. Its must have had an EMP like effect... Terrifying!

top topics

join