It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potentially toxic masks distributed in schools and daycares in Quebec

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Another day, another oops...looks like those covid measures may have been making you ill...tee hee.

Masks distributed to daycares and schools in Quebec have been recalled after staff became suspicious after feeling like they'd been 'swallowing cat hair' while wearing them.

Turns out, the chinese made masks were manufactured with graphene which can cause long term term damage when microparticles of it are inhaled.

Makes you wonder how many other 'made in china' masks are right now causing people future lung disease.

www.cbc.ca...

One model of mask distributed to Quebec schools and daycares may be dangerous for the lungs as they could contain a potentially toxic material, according to a directive sent out by the provincial government on Friday.

Radio-Canada has obtained documents showing Health Canada warned of the potential for "early pulmonary toxicity" from the SNN200642 masks which are made in China and sold and distributed by Métallifer, a Quebec-based manufacturer.

"If you have this type of mask in stock, we ask that you stop distributing them and keep them in a safe place now," the provincial government says in the directive that was sent by three ministries: education, families and higher education.

Some daycare educators had been suspicious of these grey and blue masks for a while because they felt like they were swallowing cat hair while wearing them, Radio-Canada has learned.

Health Canada conducted a preliminary risk assessment which revealed a potential for early lung damage associated with inhalation of microscopic graphene particles. Graphene is a strong, very thin material that is used in fabrication, but it can be harmful to lungs when inhaled and can cause long-term health problems.

This is not the first time masks distributed to daycares have been recalled.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

What!

Something from China has dangerous ingredients!

That's...thats...never happened before....

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'll just leave this right here...

Study finds high levels of carcinogen in several hand sanitizer brands

www.fox35orlando.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's not dangerous, its just a different set of values.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Always make sure the KN95 Certification isn't counterfeit 😎☠️😎

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I just cant bring myself to believe our good friends would not make safe products..unless we are talking baby food, pet food, masks..etc, etc

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Perhaps your government is trying to kill you.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

They would not be financially supporting us if that was true, this is just piss poor management, piss poor procurement. I can't stand that anything is bought from the Chinese sources. We need to reel things in, start manufacturing more. A lot of the material that 3m uses comes from here..I remember Trump, telling 3m to not sell us masks..what a scandalous dumbf@ck

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Tabarouette !!

How do all of these educators know what it's like to swallow cat-hair ?

It's like when someone says something tastes like #.
My reaction to them is : " You know what # tastes like ? "

The 2008 Chinese milk scandal was a significant food safety incident in China. The scandal involved milk and infant formula along with other food materials and components being adulterated with melamine. The chemical was used to increase the nitrogen content of diluted milk, giving it the appearance of higher protein content in order to pass quality control testing. Of an estimated 300,000 victims, 6 babies died from kidney stones and other kidney damage and an estimated 54,000 babies were hospitalized.

Source Wikipedia.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Turns out, the chinese made masks were manufactured with graphene which can cause long term term damage when microparticles of it are inhaled.

Not manufactured with graphene, manufactured with cotton, and containing nano graphene.
It's not isolated to Ca either, it's all over the place. It's been found on the sterile swabs too.
It wiggles around like a leach when warmed up.
The Elon 5g transhumanism or The Gates no-humanism worms
Still undecided..lol
ats thread

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Perhaps they're supporting a little less people each day.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Perhaps they're supporting a little less people each day.

It has been a long year, sure a helluva lot better support than Americans got. I don't think though, anyone in need is going without. I haven't been able to work much, so, while I dislike Trudeau on many levels..I'm not homeless.

I think they need to support businesses affected better though.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I don't think though, anyone in need is going without.

Sure there are....anyone who didn't make $5000 over the last year. Plenty of those people out there and seems like they'd probably need the help.

Or there's all those students who tried to apply after being told their government student loans counted as income...except it didn't so now they're stuck paying it back.

www.cbc.ca...

And to be honest....$900 every two weeks isn't really going to cut it when rents average between $1500-$2000/month as they do here.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yeah right and pigs might fly! Those good samaritans get payed really well and get heaps of holidays and two pay rises a year to look after me.
And they get insider trading tips that are called parliamentary privilege. Hmmm, maybe they have some insight into white privilege they could share ( like how to get away with it), they just have to be squeaky clean cause of all the opportunities to be greedy immature megalomaniacs with superiority complexes.
They even had to have a rule written that there would be no more sex between politicians and staffers. I’m sure that will sort out the raping and blatant sexual harassment hypocrisy.
Hell, Dan Andrews isn’t married to a bloke, I’d eat my hat if he wouldn’t just be fabulously happy to treat the country to that little overshare.
Anywho. Hope your government is more dastardly then our cream puffs, can’t wait for China to buy or 99 year lease the rest of the country.
They may find the actual Australian conditions aren’t to their liking. Like waves at the beach and things that sting, bite and go bang in the night.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So are they toxic or not? "Potentially?" Huh?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

....I remember Trump, telling 3m to not sell us masks..what a scandalous dumbf@ck

Maybe you remember what you heard on CNN. Here is what actually happened. Please help by not spreading those lies. (Parts bolded by me)

3M Says It Needed Chinese Approval To Sell Medical Masks In The US

As American healthcare providers and the US government struggle to acquire N95 masks, 3M has been selling them to foreign governments. This practice caught Trump’s attention prompting a presidential tweet, Thursday night, as he warned that the Minneapolis based company “will have a big price to pay!”

Now, it appears that the president has made good on this promise as he “formally invoked the Defense Production Act,” according to a Friday press release from 3M. Trump’s order has the effect of forcing 3M to prioritize America’s needs amidst the COVID-19 epidemic.

Before this official action occurred, 3M failed to comply with other White House requests involving the availability of N95s, reports the Financial Times.

edit on 31-3-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There was a video last year going around where they were making those blue masks in some Asian country The masks were all over the floor and staff walking on them ... Pretty effing gross

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I don't think though, anyone in need is going without.

Sure there are....anyone who didn't make $5000 over the last year. Plenty of those people out there and seems like they'd probably need the help.

Or there's all those students who tried to apply after being told their government student loans counted as income...except it didn't so now they're stuck paying it back.

www.cbc.ca...

And to be honest....$900 every two weeks isn't really going to cut it when rents average between $1500-$2000/month as they do here.

But it's far better than what our American friends got, and I hear you on rents, I'm pretty sure we are roughly in the same area. For those that didn't make 5000, I'm sure they receive social assistance, not much I agree, but better than nothing.

As for students..there were 15 yr olds getting cerb, so I don't know what to make of that.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: vonclod

....I remember Trump, telling 3m to not sell us masks..what a scandalous dumbf@ck

Maybe you remember what you heard on CNN. Here is what actually happened. Please help by not spreading those lies. (Parts bolded by me)

3M Says It Needed Chinese Approval To Sell Medical Masks In The US

As American healthcare providers and the US government struggle to acquire N95 masks, 3M has been selling them to foreign governments. This practice caught Trump’s attention prompting a presidential tweet, Thursday night, as he warned that the Minneapolis based company “will have a big price to pay!”

Now, it appears that the president has made good on this promise as he “formally invoked the Defense Production Act,” according to a Friday press release from 3M. Trump’s order has the effect of forcing 3M to prioritize America’s needs amidst the COVID-19 epidemic.

Before this official action occurred, 3M failed to comply with other White House requests involving the availability of N95s, reports the Financial Times.

You understand the material used came from Canada right?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Yeah don't get me wrong, America's 'assistance' from what I seen was more.a slap in the face than actual help. Still, allowing the country to reopen.would go a lot further than government handouts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join