It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Political CO2 Disinformation Campaign / Current State of Hydrogen Projects in the Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So you fret about the state of plant earth over CO2? Don't. Plus don't wear your emotions on your sleeve and scream at everyone like several USA Congresswomen we know do. Don't. Get the facts. The facts are that Planes, Trains , Boats and Motorcars can be run on liquid hydrogen. That technology has been around since post WWII. Yes, its CO2 outgass is ZERO. Yes, its extremely explosive but the experts over at NASA have tamed it. You can read about that here:

Liquid Hydrogen--the Fuel of Choice for Space Exploration

Despite criticism and early technical failures, the taming of liquid hydrogen proved to be one of NASA's most significant technical accomplishments. . . . Hydrogen -- a light and extremely powerful rocket propellant -- has the lowest molecular weight of any known substance and burns with extreme intensity (5,500°F). In combination with an oxidizer such as liquid oxygen, liquid hydrogen yields the highest specific impulse, or efficiency in relation to the amount of propellant consumed, of any known rocket propellant. Centaur rocket Centaur is raised into the "J" Tower for testing at Point Loma, early 1960s. Credit: Lockheed Martin Because liquid oxygen and liquid hydrogen are both cryogenic -- gases that can be liquefied only at extremely low temperatures -- they pose enormous technical challenges. Liquid hydrogen must be stored at minus 423°F and handled with extreme care. To keep it from evaporating or boiling off, rockets fuelled with liquid hydrogen must be carefully insulated from all sources of heat, such as rocket engine exhaust and air friction during flight through the atmosphere. Once the vehicle reaches space, it must be protected from the radiant heat of the Sun. When liquid hydrogen absorbs heat, it expands rapidly; thus, venting is necessary to prevent the tank from exploding. Metals exposed to the extreme cold of liquid hydrogen become brittle. Moreover, liquid hydrogen can leak through minute pores in welded seams. Solving all these problems required an enormous amount of technical expertise in rocket and aircraft fuels cultivated over a decade by researchers at the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) Lewis Flight Propulsion Laboratory in Cleveland.

Saudi Arabia’s Bold Plan to Rule the $700 Billion Hydrogen Market

Man has able to produce hydrogen post WWII. Hence the development of the Hydrogen bomb. Now an international American based company called Air Products & Chemicals is building many Hydrogen plants in many countries throughout the Middle East. Hydrogen can generate electricity for solar car combos and light entire cities. I am sure the Geenie's will come up with something wrong with it. They always do. Since they always do on almost everything; has man progressed environmentally since the 1st earth day back in 1970? Nah. With respect to the environment? Nah. Badly. Plus for all the gains is vehicle gas mileage its be negated by all those supersized people on this earth. Well when Fascism gains traction I am sure they will be "controlled", or else. My opinion.

In addition to hydrogen we as a human race have made huge gains in Solar and battery storage. It will continue. My issue is that people in general are slobs. Pigs and just dump their garbage everywhere. Then we roll out the inmates for a highway cleanup stroll.

However, to sequester CO2 assuming that's the next mission to get the Hamsters back into our cage as hydrogen is here, available right now. It can slash CO2 from coal overnight.

I also wonder why developing nations don't build them. Specifically China. I mean they copy everyone else don't they? USA. Well in USA its obvious we have too many adult children in Office who are consumed with sex. Correct, and yes they cant think straight so they just scream.

So the next time the person from Sweden does another road show we should ask her about her position on Hydrogen and about all those plants being built in the Middle East. Then ask her about that proposed Solar farm in the USA. It was at the time in 2020 to be the largest in the world. Correct, Trump was president.

CURRENT STATE OF HYDROGEN PROJECTS IN THE MIDDLE EAST

So, if you stiil want to scream about CO2 don't. Just scream at Greta and the others in politics as they aren't telling us all.

Disclaimer: Waterglass is a former Engineer and Supervisor in the Cryogenics group within Air Products and Chemicals [APD] and has extensive experience with transporting liquid hydrogen. Waterglass currently owns no stocks in APD nor does Waterglass have any pending business ventures with APD. In brief Waterglass is not positioned to make any money relating to this thread or any other hydrogen related stocks as posted on ATS. I simply want the truth out there as it affects all of us.

edit on 28-3-2021 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 28-3-2021 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

How do you plan on producing hydrogen and compressing it to a useful state without using as much energy as it produces?

The article has some interesting numbers if I read them correctly.

“ The task of turning a patch of desert the size of Belgium into a metropolis powered by renewable energy falls to Peter Terium,”

“The hydrogen plant will produce 15,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day at most, hardly a match for the 9 million barrels of crude the kingdom pumps daily. “

Belgian is just under 12k square miles.
That’s bigger than Massachusetts.
30k sq kilometers for the rest of the world.

All that for 15k equivalent barrels.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Did the laws of physics change? Last I heard it took more fossils fuel to make hydrogen than the energy the hydrogen produced. If that's different now, then it paves the way for hydrogen cars. If not, then isn't this just a load of gas?

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They are using solar energy since it’s in a desert country.
12k square miles of desert to replace 15k barrels of oil per day.
A drop in the bucket really.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yes, they are using solar. What a great find and invention. Also, can use hydro to power the hydrogen plant as in Niagara Falls, Hoover Dam and all others. Think about it. We aren't dead yet by no means. They just want you to think it is.

Liars

Plus I wont make the cut for population 500,000,000 [500 million] .

All the rich will. That's not right

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

No such thing as a free lunch. Hydro and solar all require energy consumption before production, the only benefit they have in the long run is the reduced energy production cost in terms of extraction.

The real way forward is to use less, not a different source of rhe same.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
How much energy in barrels of oil equivelant does it take to pump out oil through a safely regulated well, send it to refineries via pipeline/barge and subsequently be refined into kerosene, gasoline etc.. ?? Is the ration like .01 - a barrel of oil?? I have always been curiois what the energy production cost was for a barrel of oil.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I disagree 100% with what you wrote. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So there is no measure of energy production cost for th pumping of oil and refining it into gasoline and other petro chemicals?? I'm pretty sure the refunding part is not all that you just need to generate heat of varying degrees applied to different chambers. But what about the physical drilling and pumping and transportation to said refineries??

How come every time I ask this question, which is not often, but when I do nobody answer?? It must involve too much math.

new topics

top topics

join