It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celestial event in skies near Mt Rainier.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Writing to see if any other folks situated In Washington State happened to see what my Wife and I saw in the sky. It looked as if a low flying meteor or something entering our atmosphere broke up into 30+ pieces with their respective fireballs. It was traveling E/SE to W/NW. I didn’t see a break up or anything but based on the way they were fanning apart from each other I could safely assume. Most impressive thing I’ve seen in the sky. Crazy. So low and the sheer number of fireballs was nuts. My wife was taken aback and she’s rarely impressed

Just seeing if anyone else saw anything.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I just saw it on KING5, but it hasn't been posted to their site yet. Yeah that was interesting. It doesn't look like a typical meteor shower, it reminded me more of the Shuttle Columbia when it broke up in the atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Wow ! Wish I could have seen that !! Sounds awesome !

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Not an expected re-entry, unless STARLINK-1824 was early.
www.satview.org...

What direction was it moving? West to east ...ish?
edit on 3/25/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

West to eastish is what people were saying.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Most artificial objects are west to east ...ish.

Velocity would be a good indicator too. Meteors are much faster than space junk, usually.

edit on 3/25/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That would make sense since from what people are saying it was pretty big with a lot of debris coming off of it. A reporter had called in saying that he saw it, but didn't hear it. he is kind of a meteor chaser if you will, and he said it was the largest he'd seen (I know, that doesn't mean much since we don't know what he had or hadn't seen, but it did happen over my house apparently and I didn't know about it until it was on the news.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I reversed direction in my initial post, apologies.. It was w/sw to e/ne. It did not look like any meteor I’ve ever seen. It was very low and very detailed

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Here's the local story on this: KING 5

Astronomer Jonathan McDowell at the Center for Astrophysics said the lights are from the Falcon 9 Starlink launch reentering after 22 days in orbit.

McDowell said the streak "was observed from the Seattle area at about 0400 UTC Mar 26," which is 9 p.m. local time.

The Seattle office of the National Weather Service (NWS) agrees. NWS tweeted: "The widely reported bright objects in the sky were the debris from a Falcon 9 rocket 2nd stage that did not successfully have a deorbit burn."

NWS continued, "Based on the observed video, this looks more likely than a bolide meteor or similar object as they would be moving far faster on impact with our atmosphere. There are NO expected impacts on the ground in our region at this time. More info will be posted as it becomes available."

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

No way to determine the altitude by eye but they all start to burn about 50 miles up.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Thanks..

What was that? Lights streak across night sky in Washington

An astronomer at the Center for Astrophysics said the lights are from the Falcon 9 Starlink launch reentering after 22 days in orbit.

www.king5.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

Whoa, that was near Rainier?

That was probably the house shaking booms I felt an hour ago. I was waiting for an explosion or a low flighting jet to fly over. When it didn't come back after a while I figured it was just very powerful thunder.
edit on 3/26/21 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

join