It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennials are beaten down by political correctness, the cancel culture and never ending lockdowns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am now double vaccinated and went to a party last weekend with a group of millennials. It was outdoors and everyone stayed at least 6 feet apart.

Before COVID this same group was outgoing, laughing and had lively discussions. They freely discussed the events of the day, verbally jousting with good humor. All in all, their parties were lively and fun.

This time? It was so sad and so pathetic.

They watched every word carefully and watched people's reactions carefully to what they said and adjusted accordingly. They sidestepped issues and topics they never would have 18 months ago. They actually seemed afraid to be open and have lively discussions on things they would have engaged in 18 months ago.

They all seemed so sad and depressed. The kids ran around and laughed and had a good time, but overall the millennials seemed quietly despairing and depressed.

They talked wistfully about "real life", before COVID, and the things they used to be able to do but can no longer.

They all seemed to agree that the restrictions on their lives may never end and the government will probably keep a tight lid on the population from now on since it has done so successfully for the past 18 months.

It was one of the most depressing parties I have ever been to. I saw in what are well educated and highly successful millennials a quiet despair, depression, and fear of anyone who doesn't agree with them 100%.

They were truly clearly terrified to say anything that even might be considered offensive by anyone at all, to a ridiculous and very fear driven level.

COVID lockdowns, political correctness and the cancel culture have destroyed the confidence and soul of the millennials.

I don't foresee this generation ever recovering and forever living like the downtrodden and oppressed Chinese citizens, fearful, isolated, mentally depressed and soul crushed.

Just as I don't foresee their children ever recovering from a year of lost education as online education was terrible. The enforced isolation and lack of physical activity for the children was also destructive and detrimental to their mental and physical health. The children have a better chance of recovering mental health wise than their parents but I don't think they will recover educationally or get as involved in physical activity as they would have pre-COVID.

I think that millennials will be as negatively affected by the past 18 months, lockdowns, political correctness run amok, and the cancel culture of total annihilation of anyone not "woke", as the depression young adults were, who were forever traumatized by the 1930's.

edit on 3/20/21 by The2Billies because: spelling

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's the time for rebels to begin to shine.
Watch what happens with the next generation.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I feel embarrassed to be I suppose technically a millennial...always preferred hanging out with gen x'ers and such though. People like 25 and younger....I dunno what to say for them. I feel bad for them, they were just a bit too young to really see the tail end of the world without PC culture dominating everything.

Honestly, I think things have regressed pretty badly. When I was younger, in high school and everything, I can't think of anyone I went to school with that was actually racist or actually hated gay people or anything. By that point, we'd all just been taught and accepted, people were people, that # doesn't really matter.

Now here we are these days and all these younger people are babbling the kind of # I was always taught was bigoted and #ed up.

And...I dunno...I worked with a lot of younger people over the last decade...I have to say...in general, there are definitely exceptions...they're entitled as #, they lack any kind of work ethic, can't remember a single #ing thing you teach them, live like perpetual children while being incredibly rude to their parents who support their lazy asses, and seem to have this overwhelming belief any and all work was beneath them.

At my last job, I lost count of the amount of times I tried to teach these 20-25 year olds how to program, run and maintain CNC machines. A kid that age learning that would have been set. Could have gotten a job at any manufacturing shop. Overwhelmingly, they all treated it like McDonalds. Or the amount of times I'd go on install jobs and see grown man children my own age living with their parents, jobless, sitting in their jimjams whining at their mom to make them breakfast.

Ah...# sorry...this # just makes me rant...the mixture of self-victimization, laziness and entitledment present in so many people I've met my age or younger just drives me nuts.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

COVID lockdowns, political correctness and the cancel culture have destroyed the confidence and soul of the millennials.

I can't really say I feel sorry for them. This woke/PC culture is what they wanted and have cultivated, so when it backfires, they have no one to blame. They "cancel" anyone who doesn't think the same or has a different opinion and now they have to toe the line or be canceled themselves.

The old saying "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" is appropriate.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Cancel culture is a direct result of Disney princess syndrome...a generation of kids growing up being told they're speshul little princes and princesses who deserve everything they want and it's the world's fault if they don't get it.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Every time I hear a young person say they are owed something, I remember this...

especially this part..

"The world is a mean and nasty place and will beat you to your knees and keep you there if you let it"

I raised my kids and instilled in them this one simple truth...If you want something, earn it, because no one is going to give it to you.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
-anon

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

-Charlton Heston

Fixed that for you.

edit on 20-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Whatever bud , for me each person is different . It’s tough to paint everyone with the broadest of brushes just because the were born in a certain year . People need to educate themselves. I have always seen my mind . I do it all the time . I’m sure there are millennials that do it to . I look out my window and it looks fine out , suns shining , birds are chirping. The only thing different is the media trying to scare us 24/7 . All education is terrible, they don’t want smart people who can critically think . They don’t want well informed citizens who are positive they’ve been thrown overboard 40 years ago by politicians who don’t give a # . George Carlin taught me that . They want obedient workers .

Educate yourself, educate those around you . That’s the key . The more people realize that our country’s been hijacked the shorter the time that we’ll take it back . Don’t give up hope .

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: DBCowboy

-Charlton Heston

Fixed that for you.

Thank you! *Tips hat to the lady*

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm an Xer, the invisible generation.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

A very valid point.

There has always been in history someone who has risen and fought against tyranny... a spark to light the fire.

In our own short American history, we fought against England and won our independence.

Then we fought the Democrats in the Civil War to bring "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" to all citizens.

Now it appears we will have to do that again.

America is a ticking time bomb right now socially and politically with more pressure applied to the average citizen each and every day.

It will only take one person to set that off.

If Trump accomplished nothing else, he tore the curtain back and showed anyone with a lick of common sense the battlefield and what we are up against.

Will the next generation provide someone that will be the spark?

This clip is 45 years old and has aged very well.

We live in interesting times indeed.

edit on 20-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"One reaps what they sow in life"
Shouldn't they be enjoying it ?

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I feel embarrassed to be I suppose technically a millennial...always preferred hanging out with gen x'ers and such though. People like 25 and younger....I dunno what to say for them. I feel bad for them, they were just a bit too young to really see the tail end of the world without PC culture dominating everything.

Honestly, I think things have regressed pretty badly. When I was younger, in high school and everything, I can't think of anyone I went to school with that was actually racist or actually hated gay people or anything. By that point, we'd all just been taught and accepted, people were people, that # doesn't really matter.

Now here we are these days and all these younger people are babbling the kind of # I was always taught was bigoted and #ed up.

And...I dunno...I worked with a lot of younger people over the last decade...I have to say...in general, there are definitely exceptions...they're entitled as #, they lack any kind of work ethic, can't remember a single #ing thing you teach them, live like perpetual children while being incredibly rude to their parents who support their lazy asses, and seem to have this overwhelming belief any and all work was beneath them.

At my last job, I lost count of the amount of times I tried to teach these 20-25 year olds how to program, run and maintain CNC machines. A kid that age learning that would have been set. Could have gotten a job at any manufacturing shop. Overwhelmingly, they all treated it like McDonalds. Or the amount of times I'd go on install jobs and see grown man children my own age living with their parents, jobless, sitting in their jimjams whining at their mom to make them breakfast.

Ah...# sorry...this # just makes me rant...the mixture of self-victimization, laziness and entitledment present in so many people I've met my age or younger just drives me nuts.

I am 35 years old, after I got out of the USMC I had a really hard time adjusting to civilian life, I was in for some hard lessons. One of the first things I did was during this time period back in 2008-2009 it was hard to find work so I decided to enroll in college with my gi bill. Damn that was a mistake, I had a hard time relating to crying whining babies in class always having excuse after excuse for missed lessons, labs, and classes etc etc. I felt extremely alien to most of them. Not long after I went to a trade school after a few years of that and became a welder fabricator. I did that for a long time until I discovered machining and cnc machining. I feel very greatful I had a company that hired me on knowing I am a good welder but no machinist, and they put a lot of time into me and here I am running my own machines on my own and am greatful they taught me.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Simplistic answer the latch key generation had kids

and they f--- you up, your Mom and Dad

they don't mean to but they do

They take all their hang-ups

and give them right to you

Lots lots of screwed up "latch key" and "broken home" kids grew up had and raised screwed up Millenials.

They simply have no coping skills, and are constantly worried about # that they have no control over and doesn't affect them most time anyway.

Talking with my daughters and they both are hyper-aware of politics. They both are out of state and sometimes I tell them let's not discuss politics I want to know how they are doing how are the jobs and relationships etc. They can't help themselves I've talked more about politics with them these last 2-3 years than I ever did with their Mom and we were together 13 years. It's funny when they ask what I was doing at 23-27 and I said your Mom and I were raising and taking care of 2 kids and you both were great but that was our only focus. Throw in the health of our own parents our jobs we really didn't have time for other crap.
edit on 20-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

As an older millennial (39), I can't say as I feel sorry for any of them. They made their bed, now they're going to have to lie in it. I have a very difficult time relating or empathizing with any of them.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: IAMTAT

A very valid point.

There has always been in history someone who has risen and fought against tyranny... a spark to light the fire.

In our own short American history, we fought against England and won our independence.

Then we fought the Democrats in the Civil War to bring "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" to all citizens.

Now it appears we will have to do that again.

America is a ticking time bomb right now socially and politically with more pressure applied to the average citizen each and every day.

It will only take one person to set that off.

If Trump accomplished nothing else, he tore the curtain back and showed anyone with a lick of common sense the battlefield and what we are up against.

Will the next generation provide someone that will be the spark?

This clip is 45 years old and has aged very well.

We live in interesting times indeed.

Absolutely love this movie my Dad loved it too, used to quote it often. LOL

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Big kudos to Billie’s squared for the OP.

Thank you Lumenari for that clip; I had almost forgotten about that one.

To IAMTAT – You nailed it big time.

The pot is simmering, but this time I don’t believe there is a frog in there. This is a whole ‘nother animal and it’s a lot bigger and meaner than that.

People are stuck at home or isolated within their own skin with draconian ‘safety’ measures and not a lot to do except surf the ‘Net. And maybe - just maybe - are coming to the conclusion just how badly we are all being played. Bored, hate watching Tucker and realizing “He might have a point.”

The entire Covid ‘comply or die’ narrative is falling apart. And as 2B’s pointed out, cancel culture is cancelling itself.

Honestly, with all that is happening with WOKE supremacy, BLM, millennial cancel culture, etc. I am concerned, yes. But what really worries me is how the rest of the world sees the U.S. Witness what happened at the U.S. / China summit. China calling out the U.S. and our SOS is apologizing! Putin wishing Biden good health and a challenge to a live debate. Putin knows.

Right now the entire world sees the U.S. as divided and weak and history tells us that has NEVER been a good position for anyone.

All the BS going on right now is like someone bitching and flailing away at 1” of snow on their driveway, while an avalanche roars down the hill behind them.

I believe someone will – eventually – stand up. I just hope I live to see it.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Everyone has been damaged by this whole year and half of the illegal and unconstitutional measures that have been forced upon us.

It’s time for everyone who sees this lie for what it is to stop complying with the restrictions. That includes not taking the questionable vaccine(s). We’re not allowed to question these vaccines, and the media is working overtime to tell people they shouldn’t be trying to research these vaccines. That alone should make people really think.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Down with millenals, up with miniskirts!

Technically I am a millenial but I am not one of them, stupid kids blaming every little thing that bothers THEM.

poor internet connection? Check. Some poor country they've never heard of? check. These loudmouths drive BMWs their father bought them, the lattes their smartphones...

If these entitled brats walked down the mean streets, not a chance in hell

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join