It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for ufo video from the early 90s???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
and firing the thrusters would have moved the whole scene, not just the 'ice particles'
Thank you, your timing couldn't be better to illustrate my point, after I just explained all that.

You can all see precision measurements of the effect of the thruster firing in the pdf I linked earlier, in addition to observing the effects yourself by watching the video in the manner I described.

But go on, keep parroting the same false claim you heard on some documentary. Who cares about the truth anyway, right?

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I was trying to find footage that was as close as possible to the size/resolution it was originally recorded. 99% of all the footage floating around the internet on this event, is of the cropped version (including the one's that were broadcast on several popular TV Shows).

YES.. I know that the video I submitted has "UFO 1,2,3," etc.

Unfortunately this was as close to the 'true size' as I could find one that wasn't "intentionally cropped". Without the full-frame recording you wouldn't see that there are other Ice Particles that also flirt at an angle after the thrusters fire.

Please don't flame or hate, (and remember that I've photographed and observed craft(?) that I can not explain). I would love for this to be something extraordinary. But the recordings and results would be the same except for the Ice Particles and Earth probably in a different orbit/location.

Do I think that NASA would obfuscate a real UFO (or anything they didn't want the public to see), Yes I believe they would, but this particular instance is explainable and happens repeatedly while orbiting.

Ice Particles in Space Happens, whether you believe it or not, they're still out there.

Johnny

edit on 3/13/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Tiny tiny Typos

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
a reply to: Bloodworth

I was trying to find footage that was as close as possible to the size/resolution it was originally recorded. 99% of all the footage floating around the internet on this event, is of the cropped version (including the one's that were broadcast on several popular TV Shows).

YES.. I know that the video I submitted has "UFO 1,2,3," etc.

Unfortunately this was as close to the 'true size' as I could find one that wasn't "intentionally cropped". Without the full-frame recording you wouldn't see that there are other Ice Particles that also flirt at an angle after the thrusters fire.

Please don't flame or hate, (and remember that I've photographed and observed craft(?) that I can not explain). I would love for this to be something extraordinary. But the recordings and results would be the same except for the Ice Particles and Earth probably in a different orbit/location.

Do I think that NASA would obfuscate a real UFO (or anything they didn't want the public to see), Yes I believe they would, but this particular instance is explainable and happens repeatedly while orbiting.

Ice Particles in Space Happens, whether you believe it or not, they're still out there.

Johnny

Are there any good video on these particles?

I feel like I always have the idea that space is mostly empty, but I have been told there is a lot of debris floating around.

Also I know there are explanations, but the effect of cameras only showing black in the background is weird. We don't have cameras that can show everything?

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Are there any good video on these particles?
It seems like the folks promoting these things as "UFOs" prefer to edit or crop the video, and not show the original, recorded by David Ratsch. If that's still on youtube, the youtube search function is so wonky now it might be hard to find. I had the exact title of an old video on youtube, and when I put that exact title in the search box, it didn't even show up in the search. It used to years ago, but they have really wonky search algorithms now. I eventually found that one but it was of a different UFO.

I feel like I always have the idea that space is mostly empty, but I have been told there is a lot of debris floating around.
There is lots of space dust hitting earth, maybe 40-100 tons a day, but it's going so fast I rarely ever see it captured on space cameras, the speeds are just way too fast to see most of them, so almost all the particles you see floating along with the spacecraft in orbit probably came from the spacecraft in some way, and this STS-48 was no exception where I already posted in this thread two eyewitness accounts stating the source of the particles, probably the leaky dump nozzle was the main source:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also I know there are explanations, but the effect of cameras only showing black in the background is weird. We don't have cameras that can show everything?
You can look up all kinds of details on the shuttle like how many cameras they had and where they were located, there's a list of them on page 14 of the pdf I posted. They had 4 camera coverage of the cargo bay, which they used when manipulating loads from the bay so they would show the bay, but they don't send a little drone away from the orbiter to photograph the whole thing. Sometimes you could see the entire shuttle as it approached or departed the ISS-International Space Station, from a camera on the ISS, but otherwise you only get a limited view, just like how do you take a picture of your whole house from inside your house? You can't, you can either photograph the interior (like the cargo bay views of the shuttle) or a view outward.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

edit on 14-3-2021 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Ice particles don't slow down or change direction. It wasn't ice particles.

It was something quite interesting. STS 48 yep.

and firing the thrusters would have moved the whole scene, not just the 'ice particles'

The shuttle fired short thruster burst occasionally for station-keeping -- i.e., they do so to remain in their current orientation and orbital path.

If the shuttle's attitude control thruster-- called reaction control system, or RCS, thrusters on the Shuttle -- moved the spacecraft a noticeable amount (enough to visibly change its orientation) during station keeping, then it would defeat the thruster firing's intended purpose of trying to keep the shuttle's position/orientation stable in the intended orbit. The point of station-keeping RCS firings is so the shuttle does NOT move out of its current orientation or orbital path.

Granted, they can fire the RCS thrusters longer if they want to move the craft, OR (which could easily be the case here) they can fire in short bursts for station-keeping purposes.

edit on 3/14/2021 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall
At least those ice particles in the tether video are slightly more interesting due to camera artifacts, than the ice particles in the "zig-zag" video, which really only look like ice particles and don't have the same camera artifacts.

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
If you want to be technically accurate, that's not a very precise description, because it makes it sound like the orbiter maintains its position.

The orbiter's orientation is not maintained exactly, it was allowed to drift plus or minus one degree from the target orientation, and prior to the thruster firing, it was actually rotating. Not very fast, but it was rotating. You'd have to watch the video for over a minute to see one degree of rotation, so that's a fairly small amount of rotation. Once the orientation reached the tolerance limit of plus one degree, the thruster fired to stop the rotation. I don't know if these graphs will make sense to the non-engineers here but I can try to explain them, the top graph shows how much the orientation varied from the target orientation, where you can see the orientation was drifting from below the target pitch to above the target pitch, and the middle and bottom graphs show the pitch rotation rate and the pitch rotation error. At the bottom of the bottom graph there's a notation made at the time the reaction control thruster fired, which stopped the undesired rotation when the pitch reached the allowed limit at the top of the plus or minus 1 degree range. (from the pdf I posted on page 1).

edit on 2021314 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Thanks for the clarification. That is what I meant by "intended orientation and orbital path." There is an intended orientation the shuttle is meant to keep as it orbits, and the RCS thrusters are used often to correct minor deviations from that.

My point was that the RCS thrusters do not necessarily make large orbital changes and cause large and easily noticeable movement -- although they are used for that as well. But rather the RCS thrusts are often used to to make very minor corrections that (when watching the video) would be generally imperceptible in the very short term.

edit on 3/15/2021 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join