It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Secretary Austin overruled National Guard chief on keeping troops at Capitol: memo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: ratcals

I have often wondered why the DNC has not got around to passing a bill to have their own branch of armed services of leftest loyalist troops to protect the capital.... we can call it the capital guard or capital defense force.

hmmm.... great idea right?

How about State Security.

That's a brilliant idea. We can have them wear regular black suits so that they don't stand out too much, but we'll have them wear some kind of easy to see badging so that people can tell it's them. Wait how about just an armband of some color maybe a red one that would be easy to see.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I have often wondered why the DNC has not got around to passing a bill to have their own branch of armed services of leftest loyalist troops to protect the capital.... we can call it the capital guard or capital defense force.

That's a brilliant idea. We can have them wear regular black suits so that they don't stand out too much, but we'll have them wear some kind of easy to see badging so that people can tell it's them. Wait how about just an armband of some color maybe a red one that would be easy to see.

With that kind of uniform, it would be calming, not something to frighten people as they are given the opportunity to enjoy special camps.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My thoughts exactly.

Hey in those safety camps maybe tattoo the people in there with a pass, so that they could come and go as they please. It would be better than just an ink stamp on the hand.

We better be careful if Pelosi see this she might hire us to set all this up.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Pelosi is too busy writing her book, Mein Kramp to bother with us.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Have you ever served in the military. I served 20 years. No way I would defend Biden. Federal Constitutional laws were broken. I no follow and no care about wokey folks ok. Put me in jail, release me whatever. I swore to defend the Constitution first and foremost. Not the President and Congress that refuse to enforce the rule of law. It would be unlawful and I could prove it in a courtroom that defends the Constitution and I do not have to follow unlawful orders. Everyone defending Congress now are following unlawful orders. They should all walk off the job.

I think I need to disagree with you on some points. I think you missed the second line of that little oath you took...

and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. (So help me God)."

So you are not going to obey the President? BTW what has Biden done so far that have been unlawful orders? Seems you are making crap up as you go...You can prove in a court of law...have fun with that...lol

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
It just makes you wonder where we'll be in like 10 years.

I sincerely don't know how stable this country is right now.

Agreed, they really should update this "Fragile State Index" fragilestatesindex.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

We'll all be "taking a knee" under threat of punishment.

Ummm...no...we all most certainly won’t be doing any of that...

Maybe you all...but not me all...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

We'll all be "taking a knee" under threat of punishment.

Ummm...no...we all most certainly won’t be doing any of that...

Maybe you all...but not me all...

YouSir

I will only if they threaten my family.

Which they will. . . .

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So you are not going to obey the President? BTW what has Biden done so far that have been unlawful orders? Seems you are making crap up as you go...You can prove in a court of law...have fun with that...lol

and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. (So help me God)."

I bolded the part that you don't understand about the situation.

I also fully understand why you are not going to understand that...

But as someone who has taken that oath, I most certainly do.

edit on 11-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'd like to see that General order his fence watchers to go into the Capital and arrest those who are violating the Constitution, including SOD...

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals
I always felt IF we ever had another civil war it wouldn't be the people against the government. We couldn't possibly win that fight. The government has better weapons and don't hand me that guerilla tactic BS these militia wannabes are talking about. The way I always envisioned it happening was the military fighting itself because of a serious disagreement over policy by two generals. Here we are seeing such a disagreement.

National Guard Chief overruled

Only if you discount 20 million US Veterans and the fact that if the US military was ordered to attack US civilian targets, you would lose 50% of the military overnight...

Militia wannabees indeed...

edit on 11-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

But as someone who has taken that oath, I most certainly do.

I had 28 years in E9, so what are you going to teach me...lol

Point out in the UCMJ where it talks about what the President does... Also I asked what orders has Biden given unlawfully, I don't like him so what, he is the commander and chief. I didn't like Carter, Clinton or Obama...Was active during all of them. When it say "according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice" it only applies to those in the service as in you need to follow your commander and chief, the officers appointed over you, AND follow the UCMJ which is different than normal law.

So don't get all high and mighty on me...lol Biden has sat in the WH and drooled, is that against the UCMJ?

edit on 12-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Guyfriday

Pelosi is too busy writing her book, Mein Kramp to bother with us.

I signed in just to give a star to this comment. It's hilarious. Thank you very much.

TCB

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: EternalShadow

What LEGITIMATE threat to the Capitol exists to warrant another TWO MONTHS!!??

A stolen election and illegitimate government has taken the house.

I don't know what we had but it sure as hell was not an election. An election follows rules and procedures. All that was broken even before the actual election. They blew up the election then tried to call it an election. It was a hostile takeover. It's so hostile we can't even discuss it without being banned, blocked, silenced anywhere it matters like in an actual courtroom.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Lawful.

That has never automatically been the same as "right". A perfectly legal order can be all sorts of wrong, as history has shown on more than one occasion.

It's understood that that oath isn't a get out of jail free card, you're expected, are you not, to utilize your own judgement as to what constitutes a "lawful" order, and what, most importantly, doesn't.

Now, I freely admit that I've never served a day in my life in the military. But I can recognize wrong and right just fine.

These men and women are being abused for, as near as I can tell, no reason that remains valid. If it was to begin with...?

But, if those orders are disobeyed, regardless of why, there will be consequences that will be, almost certainly, uncomfortable... They'd best be ready for that.

The various state governors need to grow a set, and bring 'em home.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It's understood that that oath isn't a get out of jail free card, you're expected, are you not, to utilize your own judgement as to what constitutes a "lawful" order, and what, most importantly, doesn't.

That is a very tricky question, so I would say it applies to what we typically would call horrendously unlawful. Its like back when I flew C-141s and C-130s we could canx the flight due to whatever it was we thought was unsafe, but BOY you better be right. No one sits there and measures an order as to the lawfulness or unlawfulness it it...no one...and this is why I say horrendously unlawful that a layman would see and would be 100% correct. The extreme other side if you are wrong is jail and even death, so when someone beats their chest saying they would not follow Biden I just say good like.

Now, I freely admit that I've never served a day in my life in the military. But I can recognize wrong and right just fine.

Oh can you.... A small child is walking towards you and looks like they are loaded down with explosives, do you shoot them before they get too close? Someone shoots at you and kills your buddy and runs into a tea shop what do you do? What are you allowed to do?

Go look at the articles of the UCMJ and find me one that applies to anything the other gentleman was talking about. Look at 77 - 134 as they are the punitive ones, the others are administrative in nature, and all of them deal with the actions of the individual military member, and a good number are about disobeying an order in someway...lol

These men and women are being abused for, as near as I can tell, no reason that remains valid. If it was to begin with...?

Who knows, we hear things... As far as I know they are sitting there not doing much so what is the unlawful order?

But, if those orders are disobeyed, regardless of why, there will be consequences that will be, almost certainly, uncomfortable... They'd best be ready for that.

The various state governors need to grow a set, and bring 'em home.

And there lies the main point that the NG is state controlled so Governors have sent their NG on the request of the Capital police. Seems all legal to me, does it to you? If they are treated bad then look to the Governors and/or DC police, BTW just what is bad?

Is bad sleeping in a tent or Humvee, eating MREs 3 times a day, crapping in a bag, pissing in a tube, covered in dust for weeks? Then there are millions of military members pissed off then. BTW, its not like they are caged...can they not walk down the street and get a Hamburger too? Or snacks at a store, just like everyone else...Not much extra out in the desert of Afghanistan as comparison.

Lol geez....

edit on 12-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As a Veteran myself, I truly can't see how the orders and tasks given to these Guard members were unlawful. The orders given were "Go, guard this government building." That's it.

Apart from that, people seem horribly confused as to how the military is structured. These aren't Active Duty servicemembers, these are all from the National Guard. They are paid by their home states and unfortunately, at least for the public, they aren't exactly a crack squad of soldiers like you'd find in an active duty unit. Just looking at how they carry their weapons and other gear.....well let's just say I wouldn't want a vast majority of them in any squad when kicking in doors or in a firefight.

People should be more concerned with all of the military veterans around. These are the folks that would form the backbone of any revolution as it has occurred time and again in other countries.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

With that kind of uniform, it would be calming, not something to frighten people as they are given the opportunity to enjoy special camps.

Just carry along a Mayan or Incan or Aztec death whistle and you will be just fine in the terror department.

By the way...what was the well known song or artist or whatever it was the military used in a war the Gulf War or OIF or something to torture adversaries?
edit on 3/13/2021 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join