It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m not CRAZY

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't think you are crazy either. There are still many things in life that cannot always be explained. I would love to hear about the history of the area.

Love all the stories being shared in here, so thank you for this thread!

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

I don't think anyone ever thought you were crazy. I just wanted to say that. If anyone tries to judge others who post their experiences here, that is on them--not you.

Anyway, thank you for linking your original thread. I will read it. It sounds super wild and that must have been such a shocking thing to witness. I wonder what the explanation is. Perhaps it could be a time-slip of some sort or an echo of the past if we consider multiple-dimensions of reality. Either way, cool!

It’s really weird that it only happens with snow on the ground and a very sunny day

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I don't think you are crazy either. There are still many things in life that cannot always be explained. I would love to hear about the history of the area.

This is a highly glaciated area.
First people here were native Americans. There are some burial mounds near, but not on our land or very near that we know of. All the first European settlers were Irish. They choose this area because it mimicked their homeland.
Next time I see my neighbors that live behind where I’ve seen the cottage, I’m going to ask them if they have experienced anything.
They live in the actual house that the Irish settlers lived in.
edit on 6-3-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I'm going to disagree. In some cases a camera can document these events.

As seen here:

Those two picture came from a Shadow Person case I had worked a few years ago. The pictures were take only a few seconds apart, and the only difference between them according to the person that took then was a quick adjustment to the shutter speed. You can read about my investigation HERE

The point is that sometimes these events can be photographed for documentation. If this is a regular occurrence then it might be worth trying to capture a picture the next time the environmental conditions are similar.
edit on 6-3-2021 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

OMG.........

My mom just told me my dad has been telling her he sees a little house over there....

Well there you go! Your not crazy!

Or crazy is hereditary

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Funny you say that, I said the same thing!

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I agree 100 percent it's what I love ATS for...

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
It’s really weird that it only happens with snow on the ground and a very sunny day

I do not believe that you are crazy, have in my "Strange file cabinet " numerous reports of similar experiences.

You have a PM..

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

when the sun is just right, when the snow is just right

That should be enough to tell you that you are witnessing nothing supernatural.

Your cottage is a superior mirage.

edit on 6/3/21 by Astyanax because: FX

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   

No, you are not crazy. I have talked to people who said they see something I cannot see, they describe it and they see something, and for some reason I think there is something to it. I saw something a few times that could be explained, like a snapshot....things don't move, then you turn away and turn back and occasionally you can see they had moved. I can't explain it and I usually do not mention this to anyone because it could be something like a memory popping out of my brain and I can see it. I have the ability to close my eyes and picture events I saw in the past, usually it is like a memorized snapshot. It comes in handy when I want to build something, I can see what I am going to build before it is built by assembling it in my mind. Good for mechanic work too.

What you could be seeing, just like others have, could be a memory overlaid on a location. Something triggers the memory picture to form, maybe a tree similar to a tree at someone's house, or even the lay of the land.

Or, since I am not sure that this reality is real, there may be a break in this massive very highly complex computer program or the authors of the reality are playing tricks on you and others who have experienced this kind of thing.

Is the reality we live in real? I do not know, because I am in this illusion myself. I do know if I cut myself I bleed, and if I hurt myself it sucks. A very high quality futuristic computer program could create this illusion. Who knows if this reality is actually real, might as well enjoy it while it lasts though. It may be a schooling program where our worthiness is tested to see if we can go into the real world....who knows, I am not going to worry about it, this reality is all I know, and it is real to me. If it is a computer program I am tied to or something, I have to finish the program to get out of it. This program would have to have been created by someone/something that is way higher in technology and knowledge than we presently are. but to remain on the list of sane people in this world, I will just say that the hardcore evidence I experience is that this is real. The weird things that defy laws of physics, just means that science cannot explain things.

I do know people who have problems in their minds though, and they see and hear things others cannot see and hear. I get auditory disruptions with my epilepsy because of some minor damage in my temporal lobe. But I know the sounds are not real. Smoke alarms do not talk, no matter if the wife and granddaughter heard it too. I wish the smoke alarm talked clearer though, it still bugs us what it was saying. It is one of those things that is hooked up to the wiring and I think it somehow picked up some data through the electric lines, some talking being sent through the lines somehow. Don't know and there is no way to know what caused the mumbled talking. Could have just been someone wired up a radio wrongly somewhere. Nothing to worry about, all three of us heard it and laughed about it and tried hard to figure what it was saying. Everyone I know has experienced visual or audio type hallucinations, when sober. Trying to figure out why it happens is hard so I figured I would come up with some possible answers a while ago already since like I said, the vast majority of people have a story to tell. If you do not pay attention, you will not see these kind of things that are weird. And a real lot of people don't pay attention, heck they hit a deer sitting in the road, and they say they thought it was going to move out of their way.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

when the sun is just right, when the snow is just right

That should be enough to tell you that you are not seeing anything supernatural.

Your cottage is a superior mirage.

I actually thought that for a while or something similar (eyes playing tricks)m but it does not explain the person that my dad is seeing, and that he has seen the same small house outside of the conditions I have seen it!!

Also I have a HUGE yard, huge, seriously YUGE, what are the chances he is seeing what I am seeing in the exact same spot.?

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Those things will have rational causes as well. Though if you're determined to believe in ghosts, that's perfectly all right, too. As this thread demonstrates, lots of people do. One does not object, so long as they don't endanger others with their beliefs.

edit on 6/3/21 by Astyanax because: FX

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   

You might be in a land rich in quartz. If that is the case, the quartz rich lands are like recorders. The specific weather conditions are working as a "play" button.

These images and sounds displayed are not ghosts or spirits, just part of an event recorded.

I used to visit a remote place in the Andes with these characteristics. Usually the recorded event is "played" at same time every time.

Look for quartz my friend.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Superior mirage is the current buzz phenomenon but there are a number of known optical illusions that could explain why both you and your father saw what you saw when you saw it - Pepper's Ghost springs to mind.

A large glass screen, set at an angle, catches a reflection from a brightly lit actor in an area hidden from the audience. Not noticing the glass screen, the audience mistakenly perceive this reflection as a ghostly figure located among the actors on the main stage. The lighting of the actor in the hidden area can be gradually brightened or dimmed to make the ghost image fade in and out of visibility.

The illustration shows the type of theatre use of the illusion which John Henry Pepper pioneered and repeatedly staged in the 1860s: short plays featuring a ghostly apparition which interacts with other actors.[2][3] An early favourite showed an actor attempting to use a sword against an ethereal ghost, as in the illustration.[4] To choreograph other actors’ dealings with the ghost, Pepper used concealed markings on the stage floor for where they should place their feet, since they could not see the ghost image’s apparent location.[5] Pepper’s 1890 book includes such detailed explanation of his stagecraft secrets, disclosed in his 1863 joint application with co-inventor Henry Dircks to patent this ghost illusion technique.[6]

In the illustration, the hidden area is below the visible stage but in other Pepper’s Ghost set-ups it can be above or, quite commonly, adjacent to the area visible to the viewers.[7] The scale can be very much smaller, for instance small peepshows, even hand-held toys.[8] The illustration shows Pepper’s initial arrangement for making a ghost image visible anywhere throughout a theatre.

Many effects can be produced via Pepper’s Ghost. Since glass screens are less reflective than mirrors, they do not reflect matt-black objects in the area hidden from the audience. Thus Pepper’s Ghost showmen sometimes used an invisible black-clad actor in the hidden area to manipulate brightly-lit, light-coloured objects, which can thus appear to float in air. Pepper’s very first public ghost show used a seated skeleton in a white shroud which was being manipulated by an unseen actor in black velvet robes.[9] Hidden actors, whose heads were powdered white for reflection but whose clothes were matt-black, could appear as disembodied heads when strongly lit and reflected by the angled glass screen.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

This describes a staged "ghost" but the principles that create the illusion can occur "naturally" in similar situations and conditions, as in this case where ghosts were regularly seen walking across the church during services.

"I kept my eyes fixed upon the east window for nearly the whole of the hour and a half during which the service lasted, but was not favoured with a sight of the phenomenon; although others saw it cross the window and return, and my friend, who knows it well, called my attention to the fact, at the moment, yet I could not perceive nothing. I therefore left the place as unbelieving as ever, and supposed that either I was the victim of a hoax, or that it required a great stretch of imagination to fancy that a passing shadow was the desired object. However, not liking to discredit the statements of many friends who were used to seeing it almost every Sunday, I consented on Easter Day to go to the same place and pew. The seat I occupied was not an advantageous one, a large brass chandelier being between me and the lower panes of the window. In the middle of the service my eyes, which had hardly once moved from the left or north side of the window, were attracted by a bright light formed like a female robed and hooded passing from north to south with a rapid gliding motion outside the church apparently at some distance. The window is Gothic, and I fancy, from 20 to 25 feet high, by 12 to 15 feet wide at the base. The panes through which the ghost shines are about 5 feet high and about half-way between the top and bottom. There are four divisions in the window, all of stained glass, of no particular pattern, the outer on right and left being of lighter colour than the two centre panes, and at the edge of each runs a rim of plain transparent white glass, about two inches wide, and adjoining the stone work. Through this rim, especially, could be seen what looked like a form transparent, but yet thick, (if such a term can be used) with light. It did not resemble linen, for instance, but was far brighter, and would, no doubt, have been dazzling to a near observer. The robe was long, and trailed. The figure was of course not visible when it had crossed the window and passed behind the wall. My friend whispered to me that it would return, must return, and at the end of five minutes or so, the same figure glided back from right to left, having turned round while out of sight. About half an hour later it again passed across from north to south, and having remained about ten seconds only, returned with what I believe to have been the figure of a young child, and stopped at the last pane but one, where both vanished. I did not see the child again, but a few seconds afterwards the woman reappeared, and completed the passage, behind the last pane, very rapidly. Nothing more was seen during the service, and no other opportunity presented itself to me for making observations. During each time, the chandelier prevented me from obtaining a complete view but there could be no doubt as to the shape, a certain amount of indistinctness, however, being caused by the stained glass. On the reappearance for the last time, I saw the head, which was, I believe, that of the child, move up and down distinctly, as if nodding. The figure shone with dazzling brightness, and appeared to be at a considerable distance, say thirty yards or so, though at the same time as distinct as possible, considering the obstruction of coloured glass. Each time the level upon which it glided was precisely the same, and afterwards, on carrying a straight line from the spot in the gallery where I sat, through the part of the glass where the feet of the figure shone, and continuing that line (in my mind's eye, with all the objects before me, except the ghost, whose position I had taken good notice of), I found that it would traverse a thick holly tree eight or nine feet high at about four feet from the ground, and at two or three feet from the ground a low wall about four feet high, and would reach the ground itself in the middle of a gravel yard belonging to the back premises of the house, called the vicarage, at a distance of twelve or fifteen yards from the window. Any person walking between the window and the holly tree would barely be seen at all, much less be seen in the place which the apparition occupies; and any one on the further side of the tree would be almost if not quite invisible on account of the holly and other bushes and the dead wall. Any one about there at all can easily be seen from the many houses on all sides.

"If it were a shadow thrown upon the glass of the window it would, of course, be seen by those who sit in the body of the church as well as those in the gallery."

en.wikisource.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Can you maybe find an image of a similar-looking cottage on Goog...one that would give us an idea of what it may have looked like?
edit on 7-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
There was a section of ravine in my old back yard that exhibited some oddness.
When I would walk into it, it felt like time was somehow 'warped' (if that's the right word).

Time would pass normally when I was in the general area...but, then, when I would enter this one section...everything would become silent (birds, outside sounds of civilization).

According to my watch...I would later discover that I had been in that area much longer than it felt I had been.

This happened on multiple occasions.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Your elder dad saw something that you couldn’t... and you think there’s some kind of mystical village in the spot you sometimes can or can’t see?

Totally not living in your head.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Can you maybe find an image of a similar-looking cottage on Goog...one that would give us an idea of what it may have looked like?

forgottengalicia.com...

Very similar to the first house on here BUT I do not think the roof was thatched. There was some kind of detail on it, not thatched, not tile. Maybe cut wood or small logs, something like that. Also the house had one door and one window

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Cool old cottage.

I wonder if the vision you and your dad have is related to an ancestral memory...and image ingrained in only your family line's subconscious and triggered by the specific energy of that place and it's surroundings.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Neat. That ravine would be cool to explore with instruments like EM field detectors.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join