It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Construction on the First-Ever Space Hotel Will Begin in 2025

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Anyone remember the thread i did awhile back about the Voyager Station, a new station that is to be built by the Gateway corporation...? Well, it appears that the Gateway corporation has switched gears and is now announcing that it will be teaming up with Orbital Assembly Corporation on a Space Hotel with construction set to begin in 2025 with a completion date of 2029.

Not only will this out-of-this-world vacation spot feature everything from restaurants to movie theaters, but it will also orbit 400 guests around the Earth with its unique infrastructure.

This hotel, formally called the Voyager Station, will rotate in a large circle and have a similar gravity to the surface of the Moon. While its features already seem far from what hotels are like here on Earth, it is actually supposed to resemble a cruise ship-like experience—including a health spa and themed restaurants.

Whatcha' think, ATS? A project for humanity or a get-a-way for the rich for when things go to pot here on Earth? I keep thinking about the Elysium movie with Matt Damon where the rich escaped to a rotating orbiting station around Earth. Still though, this is exciting news. What says ATS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Pull the other one, either that or they have been holding out on some heavy-duty space tech. 400 guests? how big is the crew? Is there gonna be staff?

The cost would be astronomical to build and to stay there.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is the elite escape route, for potential worldwide disasters. Pretty cool though regardless.

This is interesting too. Though they are pretty much crowing for investors Id say the timeline and project size is overly ambitious

Also from Orbital Assembly

orbitalassembly.com...

The Gateway Spaceport is designed around the concept of two principles that work very well in our society: Transportation Infrastructure, like airports and seaports; and construction techniques that we use to build large structures like Permanent Modular Construction. Aviation infrastructure and airlines have connected the entire world. Almost anyone living in a free country can board a jet and go 8000 miles anywhere in the world within hours. Try to go only 300 miles straight up and even the richest person may not get there. Why? Because we have no transportation infrastructure there.

Orbital Assembly was formed to change that. Orbital Assembly will start by building smaller structures, this will allow us to develop the tools and machines to build bigger more complex structures that we need, like the Gateway. The Gateway Spaceport will be built in sections that can be expanded upon: Hub, LGA ring, LGA Recreation Area, MGA ring, MGA Recreation Area. It is the manner of its construction and flexible design that will allow it to be functional at each section’s completion: The Hub is the spaceport and will be functional upon completion. The LGA habitation ring will expand the spaceports habitable area ten times more and the Recreation Area, tenfold again, and so on, and so on.

The Gateway Spaceport design is not as big as other designs but it will allow for multiple Spacelines to compete for slots and therefore drive down the cost of access to space to lows previously unheard of. As permanent habitation the Gateway would not be very impressive, maybe 400-500 people continuously, but as a transfer point for people going to the moon with a short stay it could handle almost 100,000 people a year. It will be a Gateway for humankind to the solar system.
edit on 1-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Won’t happen by 2035, never mind 2025. Not a chance. a reply to: lostbook

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Where do I apply?

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Unless Hilton is involved it won't happen

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Not sure I'd place my chips on this The Gateway Foundation.

'First luxury space hotel' plans to offer zero gravity living – for $792,000 a night (April 2018)

A Houston-based company said this week it plans to open the “first luxury hotel in space” by late 2021.

Orion Span would not be the first operation to offer rides into space. A number of wealthy travelers have flown to the International Space Station (ISS) with the Russian space programme – which said recently it too plans to open a “space hotel” in 2022.

The First Luxury Hotel in Space Is Set to Launch in 2021

Welcome to the new space race, which now includes Orion Span, Elon Musk’s SpaceX, Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic, and Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin. For now, however, we’d much prefer an earthly luxury hotel experience to one that will set us back $9.5 million a stay.

Bigelow Aersospace is ready to tackle space tourism in 2021

Articles above all from 2018.

An ultra-luxe space hotel could launch as early as 2024 (14 January 2021)

Tom Cruise has reportedly already snapped up tickets – rumoured to cost upwards of £40 million – to this extraterrestrial destination.

Co-founded by NASA’s former International Space Station manager Michael Suffredini, the cutting-edge Texas-based startup has announced plans to launch the first segment of a new commercial space station by 2024. The $2 billion project, known as ‘AxStation’, will double as a luxury hotel for daring jet-setters and space enthusiasts who are looking to take their adventuring to new heights.

All the billionaires are jumping on the space race bandwagon.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I hope the hotel will have a medical facility. Both medical and psychiatric doctors will be needed. (Motion sickness, anxiety attacks, etc.)

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Thanks for the info

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good point. I'm sure it will be included.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Yeah, sounds like another concept being thrown out for whatever reason.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The technology would have to be crazy to do this. Look at how tight logistics are with the ISS recycling water, what they do with their poop, how they sleep, what it costs for resupply, what they eat etc etc. it’s so expensive they only send the best candidates to the iss because of physical mental and skill level. Not everyone is built equally not everyone can do it.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Anyone remember the thread i did awhile back about the Voyager Station, a new station that is to be built by the Gateway corporation...? Well, it appears that the Gateway corporation has switched gears and is now announcing that it will be teaming up with Orbital Assembly Corporation on a Space Hotel with construction set to begin in 2025 with a completion date of 2029.

Not only will this out-of-this-world vacation spot feature everything from restaurants to movie theaters, but it will also orbit 400 guests around the Earth with its unique infrastructure.

This hotel, formally called the Voyager Station, will rotate in a large circle and have a similar gravity to the surface of the Moon. While its features already seem far from what hotels are like here on Earth, it is actually supposed to resemble a cruise ship-like experience—including a health spa and themed restaurants.

Whatcha' think, ATS? A project for humanity or a get-a-way for the rich for when things go to pot here on Earth? I keep thinking about the Elysium movie with Matt Damon where the rich escaped to a rotating orbiting station around Earth. Still though, this is exciting news. What says ATS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.yahoo.com...

If the rich are there, I’ll stay here.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
The technology would have to be crazy to do this. Look at how tight logistics are with the ISS recycling water,what they do with their poop, how they sleep, what it costs for resupply, what they eat etc etc. it’s so expensive they only send the best candidates to the iss because of physical mental and skill level. Not everyone is built equally not everyone can do it.

What do they do with their poop? I hope they don't recycle it and eat it!
edit on 2-3-2021 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I hope the hotel will have a medical facility. Both medical and psychiatric doctors will be needed. (Motion sickness, anxiety attacks, etc.)

Can’t we just jettison the ill and perturbed?
No body. No crime.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well I won't go on a boat with alot of people for days on end. Not gonna do that in space. Imagine getting virus in space! Now all the people are yucky germ facteries... Boats same thing .. No way! And what about that loony person who sabatoges the integrety of the ship... Man could cause for some nasty problems... But if you wanna do it... I say go for it!

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
I really doubt it ....really.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, I now have some motivation to become a millionaire. There wouldn’t be much in life cooler than spending some ‘quality time’ with my wife while looking at Earth from afar. That’d be out of this world!

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Think the launch date is going to be April 1st of never.

No way this is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Never say never.
What about a quick bite at the restaurant at the end of the universe and then retire for a respite overlooking the acid rain clouds of earth.

a reply to: nolabel

top topics

join