It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Scottish independence poll is first in 22 to not give Yes a lead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It's largely academic as the "once in a generation" question was asked and rejected just a few years ago but it's another blow to the embattled SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon who has placed a lot of political capital in Scottish Nationalism while largely ignoring Scotland's real problems ... drug / alcohol addiction and homelessness.

The poll, carried out by Survation for the Sunday Mail showed support for Scottish independence tied once undecided voters had been removed and showed support for Scottish independence at its lowest polling for 9 months.

The study which surveyed 1000 people polled across Scotland found that 44% said they would vote No if a referendum was held tomorrow, while 43% said they’d back Yes. When undecided voters were removed it left support for independence at 50% – the lowest for nine months.
www.heraldscotland.com...

It's my hope that the battle she is facing against her former friend and party leader Alex Salmond brings an end to her leadership and Scotland can move forward with fresh leadership to tackle it's real problems for the sake of its people.

The Sunday Mail/Survation also quizzed voters on their thoughts on Alex Salmond’s appearance before Holyrood with 50% stating that Nicola Sturgeon should resign if she was found to have broken the ministerial code of conduct.

Only 33% believed she should remain as First Minister if ministerial code had been broken.

Polling was carried out on Friday with Survation CEO Damian Lyons Lowe telling the Sunday Mail: “This is the first polling since June last year to show that Yes has lost its lead over the No camp.

“Survation also saw only a small two-point lead for Yes in our polling in January, so it is conceivable we’re seeing opinion becoming entirely split over the question of independence.”

The poll also found 44% of voters believe there had been a failure of government over the Alex Salmond Inquiry, with just 32% disagreeing.
www.heraldscotland.com...

A strong Scotland is essential for a strong Britain , Nicola Sturgeon has shown through the years of her leadership that her only interest is her place in Scottish history as the mother of Scottish Independence not what is best for Scotland and its people , we are stronger together , we are one.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

As an outsider, I never considered Scottish part of England. Sorry but for some reason, Scottish are kind of cooler. Maybe I'm brainwashed by movies.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It's largely academic as the "once in a generation" question was asked and rejected just a few years ago but it's another blow to the embattled SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon who has placed a lot of political capital in Scottish Nationalism while largely ignoring Scotland's real problems ... drug / alcohol addiction and homelessness.

While not the biggest Sturgeon fan myself, I'd still trust her to make better decisions for Scotland than Westminster ever could.

It's my hope that the battle she is facing against her former friend and party leader Alex Salmond brings an end to her leadership and Scotland can move forward with fresh leadership to tackle it's real problems for the sake of its people.

On the flip-side, a new leader could help even more towards the ultimate goal of a free and independent Scotland.

A strong Scotland is essential for a strong Britain , Nicola Sturgeon has shown through the years of her leadership that her only interest is her place in Scottish history as the mother of Scottish Independence not what is best for Scotland and its people , we are stronger together , we are one.

Your opinion is noted, however Scotland does not need Britain to be strong, I would suggest the same for Wales and NI, the empire is dying and it will eventually die

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I never considered Scottish part of England.

You are correct to do so.

Scotland has never been part of England in it's entire history. However it has been part of The United Kingdom, which is not the same as being part of England.

Scottish are kind of cooler. Maybe I'm brainwashed by movies.

American films usually portray an Englishman as being the " arch villian ". That is probably why.

edit on 28-2-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Scotland is a part of the United Kingdom not England but I understand the confusion , they have their own Parliament and their own leadership thanks to devolution enacted by the Blair government.

Scotland is and has been for a while afflicted by high unemployment , drug and alcohol addiction and more recently homelessness but rather than address the real problems their leader continues on her anti English campaign of disinformation and lies in regard to Scottish independence.

Scotland is cool , it has some of the best fishing rivers in the world , the nicest people and breathtaking scenery but its leadership leaves a lot to be desired ... it's not alone in that respect though.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

On the flip-side, a new leader could help even more towards the ultimate goal of a free and independent Scotland.

A new leader would do well to stop flogging that dead horse and concentrate on sorting Scotland's internal problems out.

Now we have left the EU it's time to start pulling together not apart , history is a thing for books and academics not something to be continually ruminated over centuries after the events , we are a Nation not an empire and should act like a United Kingdom not risk the consequence of acting alone.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

As an outsider, I never considered Scottish part of England. Sorry but for some reason, Scottish are kind of cooler. Maybe I'm brainwashed by movies.
Well you're right there,Scotland isn't part of England,it's a country in it's own right.
It's a part of the United Kingdom.
Edinburgh isn't in London either,just so you know.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

A new leader would do well to stop flogging that dead horse and concentrate on sorting Scotland's internal problems out.

Now we have left the EU it's time to start pulling together not apart , history is a thing for books and academics not something to be continually ruminated over centuries after the events , we are a Nation not an empire and should act like a United Kingdom not risk the consequence of acting alone.

Ok, well the 'Nation' was built on an empire that was created through oppression, strands of which still exist today, there's history for you

Act alone all you like, Scotland will have an opportunity and ultimately a path out

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Scotland has never been part of England in it's entire history. However it has been part of The United Kingdom, which is not the same as being part of England.

American films usually portray an Englishman as being the " arch villian ". That is probably why.

From my perspective Hollywood usually portrays the bad guy as Scottish or less often posh English.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It's the accent. English actors can play two things: villains and Romans.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I see my mistake, thanks for let me know. Anyway, always as an outsider, people think The UK is controlled by British. Maybe that's why I was confused.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It's actually controlled by the Queen who is a space reptile from Zeta Reticuli.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

For those like us who know the Roman accent, that's so weird.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It's actually controlled by the Queen who is a space reptile from Zeta Reticuli.

I just can't imagine a Zeta Ret dude telepathically talking to me with a British accent and holding a cup of tea and the little finger extended.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

English actors are also good at playing idiots.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

From my perspective Hollywood usually portrays the bad guy as Scottish or less often posh English.

What about Sean Connery ?

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Like Mr Bean.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Like Mr Bean.

Yes, Rowan Atkinson is one. Along with Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau, and of course Charlie Chaplin and Stan Laurel to name but a few.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Deleted, I got a bit angry and went on a splurge, I do not hate Sturgeon but it was a dirty trick she played on her own people and also on Alex Salmond whom was more honest than she has ever been.

I disagree with Scot's independence as in reality they are already mostly independent and have there own currency albeit tied to the rest of Britain's preventing them from setting there own exchange rate, they have there own law's, own police, own Scottish regiments (So arguably there own army though it is governed from Westminster).

Sturgeon's government was caught out lying to Scottish kid's in school teaching lies about England and the British Army.

And she is wrong about Scottish finances but is willing to lie to get her way.

If the UK break up that then means that Scotland owes Westminster the bailout money for a bankrupt Scotland that first went to Westminster in order to bail them out for a disastrous waste of scot's funds when they tried to start there own empire by founding a colony in Panama (they sent thick Wool blankets, cold weather gear, crop's only suitable for Scottish climes and such nonsense so the settlers died of disease and starvation and the venture was of course a disaster).

In modern term's factoring in inflation how many billion's of pounds is that to add to the cost of independence, with interest over these century's how much more.

IT could turn out very lucrative for the bank of England not so much for the Scottish treasury as if they break the contract they owe the debt.

And there are more Scots and people of Scot descent in England than anywhere else in the world including Scotland, why, well because of the clearances when Wealthy corrupt Scottish barons claimed that land including entire villages and farm's that had been in family's forever was THERES and the corrupt scot courts which they owned back them up on that so that they could then steal the land using heavy's to evict poor farmers and there family's, steal there house and land and burn there homes to the ground, the few that survived this mostly settled in England the rest scattered to the colonies and it was NOT the ENGLISH that did it to them but the ancestors of the current scot's nobility that did this to the poor scot's whose land they stole in the clearances - yet they blame the English for what was a thoroughly Scottish affair.

edit on 28-2-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

They go around just blowing up Alderan with their "DorkStar"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join