It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to any Radio station around the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oh the wonders of the Internet!

radio.garden...

The green dots on this Google Earth map represent radio stations all over the world.

Click on any one of the dots and you will immediately hear that station with very good reception. There are multiple stations for many cities
For example, halfway up Ireland's east coast, there is a station playing Irish pub music.

On the west coast of Greenland in the city of Nuuk, there are 3 radio stations

Any of you who are multi-lingual will certainly enjoy

edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Radio station??

Hmm not sure what that is...is that that thing that used to be in cars where other people picked your songs for you and you'd spend most of the drive listening to commercials??

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

My '57 Chevy had an AM radio, but it was a vacuum tube radio! It took several minutes to warm up before you heard anything, which was mostly alternator whine!

* Nice link by the way!

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Wow thanks I had no idea this was even a thing, turns out there's a radio station that launched in my hometown a few months ago and I didn't know it existed until now!

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Great link thank you, Over here in Lancashire in North West England and just found some station called KLWG Radio in Lompoc CA and really enjoying there music.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is really cool, Thank you.
I’m listening to a station out of Window Rock AZ. in Navaho.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25785162]727Sky[/p

Nice Find, "Thank you".

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Excellent link! Thank-you 727Sky.

In the late 1970's I used to construct weird antennas for the shortwave radio I bought at Radio Shack. The challenge of finding stations all over the world was fun...if they spoke English.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

For those on the go, there's an app called Simple Radio that allows you to stream stations the world over.

I have it on my phone.

It might not be as thorough as the site in the OP, because only one station in Nuuk comes up: FM 100.0, Nanoq FM.

For anyone interested in checking it out.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, S&F! I actually found a radio station near where I live playing polka music, who knew? Gonna have fun with this site.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
AWWWWESOME!!!!!!

I had to switch to Google Chrome to use it but still awesome. I love it. You can go straight to the site via your laptop or cell phone without downloading any apps so that's a plus for me. So glad you posted the info. Thank you
edit on 27-2-2021 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

originally posted by: StoutBroux

I had to switch to Google Chrome to use it but still awesome.

I was wondering about that. It didn't work for me with Waterfox. I figured it might work with a different browser, but I hadn't tried it yet.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Some stations dont seem to work whether its firefox or the radio station i dont know.
Try a couple different ones. Anything to avoid downloading chrome.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 03:26 AM
link   
perfect. What's the name of the Irish Pub Radio?
Oh wait. They dont listen to Irish ethno, do they?

edit on 28/2/2021 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

This morning I'm switching between Hard Techno on Di.fm and Baroque Period on Radiotunes.com 😀
Some Lord of Rings ethno would be nice. I may even smoke something and do something
edit on 28/2/2021 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This is great, thanks for posting op.

Im listening, on a Sunday morning on the east coast of Ireland, to Tropical 100 Salsa out of Freeport New York.

Gotta love a bit of salsa

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Humm I use firefox and the program works just fine for me... Hope those who are interested can get the program to work and enjoy
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   

They have this same thing for shortwave radios, and if you know how to tune a shortwave they can be a lot of fun.

If you get down into some of the really long wavelength bands you can even pick up some of the "numbers stations" still operating in eastern Europe. Pretty cool.

I think they call them 'software based radios'. I imagine this works similarly. May even be the same thing. Someone has a DX receiver with a big tower somewhere and it just operates in the AM and FM radio bands.

What would be really interesting is if you could see the location of the DX unit receiving the signals you select on this application. I'll bet they're quite a bit further away than most would suspect.

ETA - I checked and they're called 'Software Defined Radio'. Here's a good example of one HERE. This one is based in PA. I'll have to look around and see if I can find some of the ones in Europe. I checked one, but there were too many users so there was a waiting list to get on.

edit on 2/28/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Here's another one, in Belguim I believe

Twente SDR

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I posted this link on my FaceThingy account a few weeks back.
Really love it, so S&F for making a thread about it here.

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join