It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Bob Lazar up to these days?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2021 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: Still Naive?
After watching him speak about his experience, what he witnessed and what his involvement in it was, how you could possibly believe he is lying, leads me to believe you are missing a critical part of becoming an adult...and that's learning how to decipher who is full of # and who isn't. There is zero, zilch, not even an iota of indication that he is lying, has ever lied or will ever lie about the entire ordeal.

What does this mean to me? He is telling the truth. It's that simple.

Way to go at patronising but on the flip side I can use the same patronising tone to suggest your child like gullibility and grow up, the US does not have a hangar of Alien Soace Craft and bodies of Aliens.

Afraid they do actually. I can tell you weren't in the military or you might know differently.
You actually believe they would ship a load of balsa wood and tin foil to Wright Patterson AFB for further examination?

It's always those folks who have never seen a damn thing themselves who are the first ones to defame others reporting these kinds of things. Ignorance or just naive? Pick one.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2021 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: Forensick

And one day you too will die in obscurity. Never even making the mark of a backyard chemist.

Most of us will, even many more with cancel culture, but at least I didn’t sell out.

I have worked in defence industry for 20 years and I had access to some bleeding edge technology, it is so far from Lazars claims that it is not funny.

If you think that after 30 years since Lazar, NGAD is still based around the same principles the Wright brothers proved over 100 years ago, what exactly do think has been gained from studying so called anti gravity alien aircraft.

Oh, we are still burning oil by the way.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Forensick

And one day you too will die in obscurity. Never even making the mark of a backyard chemist.

Most of us will, even many more with cancel culture, but at least I didn’t sell out.

I have worked in defence industry for 20 years and I had access to some bleeding edge technology, it is so far from Lazars claims that it is not funny.

If you think that after 30 years since Lazar, NGAD is still based around the same principles the Wright brothers proved over 100 years ago, what exactly do think has been gained from studying so called anti gravity alien aircraft.

Oh, we are still burning oil by the way.

Yeah, I remember Lazar saying we didn't make any progress in our back engineering efforts. Not surprising.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Still Naive?
After watching him speak about his experience, what he witnessed and what his involvement in it was, how you could possibly believe he is lying, leads me to believe you are missing a critical part of becoming an adult...and that's learning how to decipher who is full of # and who isn't. There is zero, zilch, not even an iota of indication that he is lying, has ever lied or will ever lie about the entire ordeal.

What does this mean to me? He is telling the truth. It's that simple.

Way to go at patronising but on the flip side I can use the same patronising tone to suggest your child like gullibility and grow up, the US does not have a hangar of Alien Soace Craft and bodies of Aliens.

Afraid they do actually. I can tell you weren't in the military or you might know differently.
You actually believe they would ship a load of balsa wood and tin foil to Wright Patterson AFB for further examination?

It's always those folks who have never seen a damn thing themselves who are the first ones to defame others reporting these kinds of things. Ignorance or just naive? Pick one.

You talking about a military that pays six hundred dollars a toilet seat?

Yes. If it was part of stop secret program for monitoring nuclear blasts from the USSR by microphones held aloft by ballon.

Ever think the listen device and it’s recording might have been the technology being protected?

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 1-3-2021 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I would rather live somewhat of an honest and humble life than sell out my credibility / soul for a bit of fortune and fame.

Looks like you and Mr. Lazar have some commonality then.

I am not the one getting a little bit of fortune and fame from pushing a product to a group of people who’s only required “evidence” is the sirens song of what they want to hear.

I grew up very interested in UFO’s. But it didn’t take long to figure out ufology is built on lies. And people like Lazar are a salesman pushing a manufactured mythology for a specific market.

Or, in the context of an all powerful government. Lazar is the lie the government wants you to believe.
edit on 1-3-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 1-3-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ole’ Bob must be getting up there in age. With all these new age video games, TV shows and movies, not including all this social media BS. I believe we’ve been dumbed down as a society intentionally. The ability to think outside the box by the general population has diminished. When you see 40+ year olds acting like 12 year old children on FB or any of those other distraction apps, makes this whole Lazar story obscure.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I was watching that film on Bob where he is just playing at very amateur chemistry in a lab, I think reinforcing my belief he is a fraud.

I note he was moving away from the limelight and now he seems to have dropped off the radar completely.

He and his followers are getting old and passing away, it seems he will pass into obscurity taking the did he/didn’t he reveal anything, was he/wasn’t he a fraud...

No one seems to every come forward to collaborate his story, which is odd as it seems he was given the green light to speak freely in what would be a serious breach of his contract and its surviving clauses.

Do you think we have seen the last of Bob as he retires into back yard eccentric inventions?
Parts of his story are corroborated, and other parts are fiction. Bob was in the Los Alamos phone directory with a "K/M" notation next to his name, but not as a physicist, he worked for a subcontractor Kirk Mayer as a technician servicing test equipment, something he had qualifications and experience to do. He did not have qualifications and experience to be a physicist as he claimed, and even for people who want to believe his physicist claim, his W-2 should kill that belief. It's supposed "proof"of his employment but it's only for about $1000 which is not what physicists got paid for 6 months of back engineering, even back then.

A real physicist dug up many details on Lazar, they can be found at this link and in other information this site links to:

Looking at the Bob Lazar story from the perspective of 2018

Kirk-Mayer never did provide “physicists” or positions of that caliber. Lazar had some electronic technical education from Pierce College in Southern California and had some work experience with Fairchild, so he was hired as an electronic tech with Kirk-Mayer. I have interviews with several people who worked with him and he was described as a very clever troubleshooter and fix-it guy. He was there often enough to get listed in the LANL phone directory, with the denotation “K/M” next to his name, indicating his affiliation with Kirk-Mayer.

Eric Davis claims to have access to information about Lazar's employment, and says Lazar worked in an area that didn't even require security clearance (which he likely couldn't have got with his pandering conviction).

“Bob Lazar made up his entire cockamamie story about the UFO that he saw in a building inside Area-51. He was never exposed to any classified information, facilities, or programs in his work area.” ~Dr. Eric Davis

a Roadrunner (who ran programs at Area-51 for Los Alamos) told me that he knew Lazar’s female supervisor at Area-51 and had her pull up his personnel file. Lazar worked as a radiation health monitor in the unsecured logistics contractor facility outside of Area-51, so he was never inside that site, and he never held security clearances because he didn’t need them to work in an unclassified area. Lazar made up his entire cockamamie story about the UFO that he saw in a building inside Area-51. He was never exposed to any classified information, facilities, or programs in his work area.”

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Trouble is that's two different explanations referenced as electronic tech and radiation health monitor are two different roles ?

I seem to recall Lazar got the role because of asking a favour of a "real" physicist who had visited him when learning of his jet powered car. Neither of those roles sound like they would fit that bill nor does his descriptions of the "supervisor" he was allocated, if that is to be believed.

Not suggesting anything really, just that yet to see a definitive answer and all the half-answers don't seem to stack up.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

Radiation health monitoring, especially if dosimeters were read on site, used to use very finicky electronic equipment to read. Also, the reading equipment required periodical calibration. Then you have required PM’s. If there was radiation monitoring equipment on site such as Geiger Counters, that to would require repair and calibration. And call for PM’s.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Cool story bro.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Cool story bro.

I thought the topic was Lazar, and if there is any credibility to his “cool story” bro......

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chunder
The two descriptions of Bob Lazar's employment are not identical, but they actually line up pretty well as neutronflux suggests.

The physicist didn't claim to have any contact with Lazar's former supervisor, but what he did do was investigate the K/M next to Bob's name in the Los Alamos phone directory. I have yet to see anyone dispute that stands for Kirk Mayer, can we all agree on that? So the physicist researched the types of people that Kirk Mayer hired and found out they hired technicians but they didn't hire any physicists, so that kind of kills Lazar's claim of being a physicist right there, the so called "proof" of his employment does sort of prove he was a Kirk Mayer contractor, but it also proves he wasn't a physicist since Kirk Mayer didn't employ those. So regardless of the intimate details of his employment that's the most important point to note.

Eric Davis claimed to have a different source of information, from someone who contacted Lazar's former supervisor. And yes radiation health monitoring involves calibration and testing of Geiger counters, which is something Lazar had training and experience to do, so actually the two descriptions from two different sources, while giving us slightly different angles, are actually consistent. Anyway neither one of them suggests he was a physicist.

Lazar might have asked Teller to put in a good word for him to help him get the technician job at Kirk Mayer, but Teller wasn't the one doing the hiring, who would have been the supervisor for the radiation health monitor job. Geiger counter calibrations were right up Lazar's alley technically so that makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Cool story bro.

I thought the topic was Lazar, and if there is any credibility to his “cool story” bro......

You have apparently already made up your mind on that, bro.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Cool story bro.

You have apparently already made up your mind on that, bro.

I would rather die in obscurity than be remembered as a troll.

Good luck to you and your future trolling.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

They packed up and flew the Roswell debris to Fort Worth because they had a weather forecaster on hand and Ramey wanted a qualified meterogical expert to identify the debris they found. That was because he suspected the debris was weather related. Irving Newton was the only expert on hand and he walked into the office and chuckled asking if this was the flying saucer they were talking about?  RAWIN/reflective radar targets weren't generally used with weather balloons but he recognized the material because he worked on special projects that used them. BUT believing a crashed alien spacecraft is much more fun than the truth, ain't it?😆

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
And later to WPAFB. I saw your mom down in there under the base. Sure looked alien to me.

I mean, it, (she, whatever) did make a believer out of me.
edit on 1-3-2021 by NoCorruptionAllowed because:

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

So to recap he stands by his claim's but want's to stay out of the limelight...

Far be it from Bob to write an autobiography 17 months ago, then, to stay out of that limelight...

As someone else mentioned on Page 1, it's a GREAT story - one of the best ufology has to offer. Absolute classic. We were ALL seduced by it way back when, and if Bob had simply kept his mouth shut and adhered to a policy of avoiding the limelight, then the mystery could have matured like a fine wine, and we would have been spared, for example, Jeremy Corbell's recent awkward, hugely flawed documentary - which only served to erode Lazar's simple, straightforward story even further.

I could go and on about Lazar's relationship and adventures with the wildly eccentric John Lear; Gene Huff; his educational records (or lack of); his own contradictions and story variants; his bizarre personal life in the early 90s; and his disastrous liaison with a certain Bob Bigelow concerning 'Element 115'...

But what's the point? There are wide-eyed newbies entering this wild and wacky world of ufology from stage right all the time, initially seduced to the hilt by old chestnuts like Lazar, Roswell and Rendlesham... whilst the former fans who once believed but now see the snake-oil for what it is, exit stage left - bemused but entertained to some extent.

Meanwhile, there are at least a dozen genuinely unexplained cases over 70 years that still demand attention, rather than these eternal distractions. ATS's own Jeff Ritzmann - who sadly died this week - was a highly respected member whose analyses of both new and classic cases were masterworks, despite dismantling and debunking great swathes of them. His aim? To seek the true wheat from the chaff, precisely because his OWN personal encounters with UFOs and 'aliens' (whatever they may be) were so powerful that he could see no other option than to discard the snake-oil in order to distil what truths remain - for the benefit of us all.

However, as I said, Lazar's is still a GREAT story. Complete nonsense, but that is 90% of what ufology is, since it is also a thriving BUSINESS. (***waves at Delonge & Elizondo***)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join