It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolf Movie that I need help finding, please...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Since Hollywood has let us all down movie-wise in the last couple of years I have gone to looking at YouTube for obscure movies, and anything without the celebrity input, if you know what I mean...

I am not sure when I saw a preview of this movie I am trying to find, but I think it was right before COVID hit. I was looking for something that was werewolf related, just searching YouTube and accidentally ran across a movie that looked pretty good.

It was a werewolf movie (of course) and I only remember a little part of what the trailer showed, that was an entire town of werewolves. It was also a comedy too, not a really funny movie from what I gathered, but it was 'probably' more like American Werewolf in London.
Anyway, I watched what I think was a channel that had things like, "The Best 10 Werewolf Movies in 2020", or something to that effect, but it wasn't 2020 that the movie was made, I don't think. I really don't know when it was made, but it had a feel for being made fairly recent.

It was either British or European, it was a semi-comedy, and the main scene that I remember was that, I believe that a 'couple of people' were in town, at night, talking to a large crowd and the crowd was all werewolves.
That scene alone should be something that stands out in a movie, or at least I am hoping so.

I also remember that it was 'not available in the U.S.', then anyway, maybe it is now, I hope.

So, if anyone remembers that one, I'd sure appreciate it.

I ended up watching, "The Dog Soldiers" (again) that night after seeing that preview, one of my favorite movies.

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
sausages...they look like sausages.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson
I had to go way back in my memory for that one. heheh

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

thats the one scene that actually stands out in my memory of that movie. i do remember liking it tho.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yeah, the second time for me was better than the first for some reason, I didn't remember much about it, and the second time I guess I just paid more attention.
Probably the best werewolf movie that I have seen to date. It all depends on one's mood when watching though.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

werewolves are very underrated monsters.

while far older than vampires, they arent as sexy.

the World of Darkness, Underworld, and a few movies like "dog soldiers" gave werewolves their due, it think.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What I have read is that the reason that werewolf movies are not made as much as say, a vampire movie is, that it costs more to make due to the much needed realism they need to make it work. Now that doesn't always stop a budding movie producer from making one, of course, as we all know.
heheh

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

i can believe that.

a good costume would take a lot of time to construct.

even cgi would be hella expensive.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Personally favs.
#1 An American Werewolf in London (1981)
#2 The Howling (1981)
#3 Stephen King's Silver Bullet (1985)

Could be one of these..

The Wolf of Snow Hollow

or

Love Bite (2012)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I think you’re talking about teen wolf

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

“The wolf of Snow Hollow” ? Is that the one?

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Tossing in my 2 cents to your Hairy Mystery.... Is This It?

"What We Do In The Shadows" scroll to 1:31

And if so (or even if it's not), this is one silly Werewolf Movie with a different spin to it

***ETA***

If you want something that treats the subject even more differently (and really dark comedy in spots). If you've never seen it the flick "Ginger Snaps" from 2000 has the Werewolf changing over segments of time, maybe similar to layers (like growing a tail, claw, etc), with the final bit being that the female teenager (the bitten victim) goes through a final metamorphic period to become the She-Wolf. And it's quite unlike any portrayal I've ever seen before.

No anamatronics, they supposedly took their cues and development from "An American Werewolf in London" and had a person in a skintight furry costume that's pretty frightening.

And thank goodness I didn't hit reply/post right away.... So happens I found it (and hopefully ad free) so you don't have to buy or hunt it down.

ATS Cares!

Johnny

edit on 2/23/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: wanted to add a few things

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
Personally favs.
#1 An American Werewolf in London (1981)
#2 The Howling (1981)
#3 Stephen King's Silver Bullet (1985)

Could be one of these..

The Wolf of Snow Hollow

or

Love Bite (2012)

As a werewolf fan of nearly 40 years, these are in my top 5 too. Dog soldiers at number 2 for me.
Honorable mention to ginger snaps like the poster above mentions too.
The scene described in the OP sounds familiar, but i can't put a finger on it either.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Edit:
Not the werewolf you are looking for.

It was a werewolf movie (of course) and I only remember a little part of what the trailer showed, that was an entire town of werewolves. It was also a comedy too, not a really funny movie from wha

This perhaps?

Viewer discretion is advised.

edit on 23-2-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Don't know of the movie you are referring to, and I'm not much into the werewolf genre, but there is one movie (series) I thought was pretty cool...if you're looking for something good to watch.

It's called "Underworld" and it's a series of (5) movies. They were made between 2003 and 2016.

My wife is really into the vampire genre of movies, and this movie has both vampires AND werewolves, which I thought was a pretty cool twist. I don't normally watch those kinds of movies, but I got into watching these movies. The critics pretty much hated them, but that usually means they're good (for me anyway).

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Woa woa woa!
Can't believe I forgot about that.

I didn't see it, but MeeOooww

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

I’m looking forward to the planned sequel, cleverly titled We’re Wolves!

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr
No, it's not one of them, I have seen them all.

The one I am talking about is not a mainstream movie, it's a little more obscure.
The ENTIRE town are werewolves.

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Thenail
No, DEFINITELY not Teen Wolf!

It was an ENTIRE town of werewolves, that is the main thing about what sets it apart.

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand
No, not that one, although I have seen it.

"it was a semi-comedy, and the main scene that I remember was that, I believe that a 'couple of people' were in town, at night, talking to a large crowd and the crowd was all werewolves.
That scene alone should be something that stands out in a movie, or at least I am hoping so. "

Thank you!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join