It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Tyson DESTROYS Boxers for Muhammed Ali!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Mike Tyson DESTROYS Boxer for Muhammed Ali!

Decent 15 minute video of Tyson getting revenge on Berbick and Holmes for Ali.

As a young 14 year old mike Tyson sat down to watch his idol get defeated badly at the theater, Mike was stunned at what happened and didn’t say a word on his journey back home. The following day, Mike would hear his trainer Cus D’amato shouting at the phone. It was him and Ali, Cus asked Ali how he could let a bum beat up on him! Mike hearing all this went downstairs to see what was going on… Shortly after, Cus would hand the phone to Mike and told him he got weak and is going to return! A sobbing mike told Muhammed Ali, when I get big Imma get him for you…

Im not old enough to remember Ali, but back in the day when a Tyson fight was due, the whole week was exciting. Its all me and the boys could talk about. He just seemed invincible, a destroying machine. Yes he had badness in him, but im talking Tyson the boxer.
IMO Tyson was the greatest fighter of all time, at his peak he was savage, unbeatable.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Savage? I'm sure the women he beat on would agree. Just not so gleefully.

Mike Tyson has serious mental and emotional disorders that fuel his rage in and out of the ring.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Mike Tyson has serious mental and emotional disorders that fuel his rage in and out of the ring.

Hence why he said mike Tyson AS A BOXER
smh
edit on 18-2-2021 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

smh

This is a distinction without a difference. Hence why I said in and out of the ring. SMH.

The same rage that fuels his fury in the ring is the same rage that fuels his fury in his personal life. Fans only want to see the professional fury. Tyson knows it's a vicious circle. It's not a distinction that he can make, because he's the same person in and out of the ring, and has to live with himself as both the person in and out of the ring. Boxing was not a release for his pent up rage, it was an excuse.

I hope that with proper treatment he's been able to face some of those demons and find better coping skills. That would be to his credit and everyone's benefit -- especially his own.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I've asked people this before.

What was Tyson's signature win?

Tyson was Ronda rousey....
Great at beating inferior opponents.

edit on 18-2-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

a reply to: FinallyAwake

smh

This is a distinction without a difference. Hence why I said in and out of the ring. SMH.

The same rage that fuels his fury in the ring is the same rage that fuels his fury in his personal life. Fans only want to see the professional fury. Tyson knows it's a vicious circle. It's not a distinction that he can make, because he's the same person in and out of the ring, and has to live with himself as both the person in and out of the ring. Boxing was not a release for his pent up rage, it was an excuse.

I hope that with proper treatment he's been able to face some of those demons and find better coping skills. That would be to his credit and everyone's benefit -- especially his own.

He has

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

He has

Good to hear. I thought probably so, because there hasn't been news otherwise (and with #MeToo, I'm sure the media would have been all over Tyson if anything had happened -- both the rags and the "legit" media).

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Rousey got beaten because she/like Mike got complacent in her glory. In her case the fame went to her head so much, she thought she was as good on her feet as she was the ground, clearly she wasn't.
If she stuck to judo/jitsu & armbars her glory could have easily been extended.
In Mikes case Don King convinced him that partying and the high life was ok and that Mike was good enough to do both, Mike believed him, and the rest was history.

Mike was only 23 when he destroyed himself by partying. I'd imagine if he stayed with Rooney and hadn't trusted/met King (and Robin given) his signiture wins would have come a few years later in his career when he reached his prime.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Spinks and Biggs were both in their prime and undefeated. Despite the fact that Tyson made very short work of them they were very good fighters. Ruddock was another, two fights, both tough, a close TKO and a decision.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Spinks was 32 and retired after the fight.
He was also the heaviest he had ever been so he was not in this prime.
Biggs ended up with 30 -10 record.
Tyson just beat him first.

Tyson was a scary man in his prime but he never had the chance to prove himself against quality opponents. By the time those came around like holyfield he was out of his prime.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You knew when i said 'im talking Tyson the boxer' thats exactly what i meant.

So you knew this thread was made to talk about Tyson the boxer. Yet you decided to post this comment.
There can be a conversation had about him, Tyson the boxer, without reference to his personal life.

Let me ask you this.
Why did you post that comment?

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Man, im the wrong person to ask this. Im not that much of a boxing fan to know the answer to that. Im a sports fan alright, football being my favourite sport.

But i dont know enough about Tyson's career to give you an answer

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You knew when i said 'im talking Tyson the boxer' thats exactly what i meant.

So you knew this thread was made to talk about Tyson the boxer. Yet you decided to post this comment.
There can be a conversation had about him, Tyson the boxer, without reference to his personal life.

Let me ask you this.
Why did you post that comment?

Because Mike Tyson is one whole perfectly imperfect person... with the same demons in his professional and his personal life... the same demons fueling his rage in and out of the ring... the same demons tormenting him day in and day out driving him to that rage (presumably in the past, no longer in the present).

While you might want to ignore that part of it, that is a big part of what made Tyson a "savage" and "unbeatable" in the ring. It's part of the vengeance he sought for Ali. It's part of his brutal abuse of women. He was out of control. Mike Tyson was not a happy or healthy man, despite his celebrity, and used his physical strength for all the wrong reasons -- in and out of the ring. And it brought him much grief and further hardship.

And if we don't appreciate that, then we cannot appreciate and respect any personal growth that has brought him beyond that self-destructive mentality and behavior.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Tyson was the most feared boxer ever. I do think if he better management he would have been even more dominant. I remember watching him fight and the conversation was always would the KO be in 1 round or 2....

He seems to be in a very good place now mentally though. Really a different person. I like his podcast Hot Boxing. He has some great stories to share. So calm and peaceful. Almost seem lobotomized compared to the Tyson of old. It is funny though as even though he seems really calm and more in control of his emotions now, you can still see a little bit of the fire and rage in there. A lot of people still seem to walk on egg shells around him as they can't tell what will set him off.

This was a great interview with him and Evander. I guess good friends now.

I miss the old savage Mike...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Tyson was a scary man in his prime but he never had the chance to prove himself against quality opponents. By the time those came around like holyfield he was out of his prime.

Mike never made it into his prime, he was washed up by 23 (due to the reasons I'd previously posted, King & Givens) . His prime years would have been mid/late 20's

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

Mike never made it into his prime, he was washed up by 23 (due to the reasons I'd previously posted, King & Givens) . His prime years would have been mid/late 20's

I agree with that.
He never was as good as he had the potential to be

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Tyson was a Physical Specimen.

I was 180lbs and ran a 4.6 40 yard sprint @ 18 and I am 5'7..... I topped out in my 20s @ 206lbs ....9% body fat.

By 10 years old I was carrying 2x- 5-gallon pails of water and hoisting hay bales around twice a day doing my chores.....@ 14 I was already arm wresteling men.

By 16 my life had changed from peaceful rural life to a major city.... poor in a major city with no support network..... I was fighting grown men @ 16 years old and not losing.....ever....until I was 21 years old....and got my arse whipped drunk as a skunk.

I suffered major life changes that drove me to extreme training....as a teen I was the Most Outstanding Male Athlete in my School and was Scouted by Pro Rugby People from the ALl-Blacks and was even offered a job playing Pro Rugby over-seas....as a teen I was working out with a member of Canadas 4x100 Olympic Relay Team.

In my entire life I only met or saw a very very few Humans who developed as early and hard as I did.... it takes special genes and circumstances....its far from normal or usual.

I am now an old coot in my 50s and I walk around @ my 15 year old body weight now comfortably....I would not want to b carting 180-200 lbs around now....lol...lol..lol...if anyone had told be I would experience a 60 lb weight spectrum in my life I would not have believed them....I am not talking fat I am talking muscle with extremely low body fat %.

Genetics play a massive part in men like Tyson and in men like me.

I played many a sport....and against many a man....including the Cream of the Crop and Olympic level Athletes....and my final word is this....its in the genes but it takes a hell of lot of work and emotional power to bring it out....you have to be internally DRIVEN to over-excel.

Coolest thing ever is that you skin shrinks with you if you were carrying muscle and not fat....I dropped 60 lbs and did not turn into a Sharpei.....but gravity does pull hard....lol...lol.

Mike Tyson was a freak who admitted to getting erections over fights....he was a weirdo freak.....fighting turned him on....a real freak.....I know what drove me to over-excel....and when I learned what drove Tyson I felt like vomitting....because what most people dont know is that winning makes fighters...the sooner you learn to turn Peoples lights off the less it will happen to you....however for most humans we never ever end up in situations where we can brutalize others to this degree....rumor has it Tyson was a childhood bully who picked fights with weaker opponents to build his skills....he was a freak who got turned on as a kid by beating up other kids....I fought grown men @ 16 to defend myself and my Family....I didnt fight People my own age by choice and when I did I pulled up every time because it was just NEVER FAIR.... I didnt like fighting and it pissed me off when I was cornered and had no ways out...I got mad at the idea that another person would corner me like that and force me to do something I did not want to do....my switch flipped when you made it clear you were not going to negotiate and then it was 200% of me up your arse....I always verbally warned.

Tyson did not get revenge for anything and both Ali and Tyson were destroyed by the crooked Boxing business.....both ended up weak mentally before they were beaten physically.....with proper management neither would have been hurt the ways both men were hurt.....Ali should have just stopped sooner and Tyson was a head-case from day one.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

My foster dad had some active years as a full contact kickboxer and he did it to balance his rage and energy out. Kickboxing helped him to vent off steam. It's a family thing with the blood pressure and later dementia in the late 50s, he knew from his father and grandfather and wasn't spared.

I did join him doing wing tsun later but during sparing I noticed that I can not come up with and then use the rage for explosive power exchanges like chain punches. But I get why they use of it, the rage. Raw power.

What works better for me as a 1.6m, 58kg woman is calm observation and combining strikes, leaving possibility for variations. so there's a high chance one goes through that I can follow into an infight with the ellbow or climb a knee and use the momentum for a throw.

I've sent men into the floormat nearly double my weight this way but I have the benefit that mostly always men hold back until I took advantage of their shyness. they never give 100% or I would have gone ko even with head and chest protection, I have zero illusion about this.

In a real serious, self defense fight, hope it never happens, I would go for the balls as soon as I get into range though.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I didn't choose to ignore anything. We all know about Tyson's demons. We all know what made him the person he was.
But you had to bring it up, in a boxing thread.

The man has done his time, has bettered himself in so many ways. Yet there'll always be someone to remind us all of his bad behaviour anytime his name is brought up. We know ffs. Now lets have a talk about his boxing career.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If you look at the tape of Mike in this PRIME (85-89) I would put my money on him over any other in their prime.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join