It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Rush Limbaugh 2/17/21

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
the 'signature' phrase Half my brain tied behind my back probably originated from a scene in The Wizard of Oz where the cowardly lion was boasting about any dangers to face on-the-Yellow-Brick-Road

i recognized that meme back in 1959 after seeing that TV movie presentation for several straight years

But 'Rush' never announced that inspiration, but coveted the phrase as his creation.... Sad

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

the 'signature' phrase Half my brain tied behind my back probably originated from a scene in The Wizard of Oz where the cowardly lion was boasting about any dangers to face on-the-Yellow-Brick-Road

i recognized that meme back in 1959 after seeing that TV movie presentation for several straight years

But 'Rush' never announced that inspiration, but coveted the phrase as his creation.... Sad

Actual OZ Quote:

“Put ’em up, put ’em up! Which one of you first? I’ll fight you both together if you want. I’ll fight you with one paw tied behind my back. I’ll fight you standing on one foot. I’ll fight you with my eyes closed… ohh, pullin’ an axe on me, eh? Sneaking up on me, eh? Why, I’ll… Ruff!”

- Cowardly Lion, ‘The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz’.

kidadl.com...
(bold mine)

That saying predates 'The Wizard of Oz' by centuries.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

That sounds more like something the Scarecrow would have piped up and said. I can almost hear it. But, I got no linky.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Wrong. The lion never said BRAIN he said PAW. hater is obvious.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, if you really feel for the families of people who died from AIDS and how they must have felt hearing him treat their memory that way on his radio segments, then you should extend those feelings to Limbaugh's loved ones at least. I'm not a fan, but his actions were not their fault.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dokuno
Well, if you really feel for the families of people who died from AIDS and how they must have felt hearing him treat their memory that way on his radio segments, then you should extend those feelings to Limbaugh's loved ones at least. I'm not a fan, but his actions were not their fault.

HE apologized about that and said it was a mistake to do so. They always leave that out.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
the hate filled left do nothing???? Republican senator cruz tried to run off to mexico while his state texas froze democrat alexandria ocasio-cortez raised 2 million in relief aid to help texas (in less than a day)...now tell me again how "we do nothing" oh the hypocrisy.

this mess in texas was CAUSED by greedy republicans ......they got their own grid separate from the rest of the country, they deregulated so they could go cheap and did not winterize the equipment... at least 80% of their energy is from coal and gas...then republicans had he nerve to blame the wind machines and the the new green deal which hasn't even been voted yet....cruz has made a lot of money from this energy deal in his state of texas

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: seagull
There's free speech, and then there's just plain rude, and out of place. There is a difference.

It's still protected. I don't like it one bit but I'm willing to say they have the right to behave like total dirtbags.

Protected by law, yes. Morally right? Far from it. The world would be far better off without the hate-filled left who do nothing other than tear others down. Rush exposed many of them early on and they have always hated him for doing so. They are no longer able to hide, we see them clearly now.

Speaking of the WBC, have you ever seen them in action in person? I have, several times. I used to ride with the Patriot Guard Riders and attended many funerals in the past to help shield the families from those scumbags and show respect to those who did a job I couldn't. Hiding behind the 1st Amendment to deliver hate is the act of a coward.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: entermemo
Glad he is dead. Wish he would've died sooner.

"When actor Michael J. Fox, suffering from Parkinson’s disease, appeared in a Democratic campaign commercial, Limbaugh mocked his tremors. When a Washington advocate for the homeless killed himself, he cracked jokes. As the AIDS epidemic raged in the 1980s, he made the dying a punchline. He called 12-year-old Chelsea Clinton a dog.

He suggested that the Democrats’ stand on reproductive rights would have led to the abortion of Jesus Christ. When a woman accused Duke University lacrosse players of rape, he derided her as a “ho,” and when a Georgetown University law student supported expanded contraceptive coverage, he dismissed her as a “slut.” When Barack Obama was elected president in 2008, Limbaugh said flatly: “I hope he fails.”

He was frequently accused of bigotry and blatant racism for such antics as playing the song “Barack the Magic Negro” on his show. The lyrics, set to the tune of “Puff, the Magic Dragon,” describe Obama as someone who “makes guilty whites feel good” and is “black, but not authentically.”"

YO,read the EXPLANATION here. its based on a Article written by a African american btw,the song you mention that is.
Barack the magic negro origins

In short the song is satirical.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   
He was a horrible man with horrible opinions.

Hell has a new resident.
edit on 21-2-2021 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
rest in pp

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
rest in pp

Sock puppet says what?

(post by DoubleDNH removed for political trolling and baiting)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join