It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Rush Limbaugh 2/17/21

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It was announced today on a talk radio show that I listen to, that Rush Limbaugh has passed away.

Regardless of how you feel about the man, he was a Legend.

He planted a flag and paved the way for ALL talk radio, and influenced everything from politics to how we shape hearts and minds through humor on the subject

If you like Podcasts of ANY type, Thank Rush what he did paved a path to such things.

Rush Limbaugh passed away

one of the most listened to radio personalities for more than 30 years -- has died of lung cancer ... TMZ has learned.

The conservative firebrand host and political commentator died Wednesday. Rush first announced he was battling advanced lung cancer about a year ago, but it took a turn for the worse recently ... resulting in him missing some shows and his producers asking for prayers.

Limbaugh, who started his radio career in the 1970s, is best known for hosting "The Rush Limbaugh Show" ... which has been in national syndication since 1988 and made him one of the premier voices of the conservative movement for 3 decades.

edit on 17-2-2021 by CrazyWater because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE....PLEASE READ
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Wed Feb 17 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I never listened to Rush, but I did respect his perspective whenever I was exposed to him.

Rush was definitely a firebrand and was so for 3 decades.

May his family find solace in the memories of his life and may God rest his soul.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wow ... we knew that was coming. His show monologue around the beginning of the year prepared everyone for it. He didn't say as much, but the implication from how he spoke sounded like he was preparing for the end. Certainly, it was there in the talk that he wasn't expecting to see another year.

We've lost a great, great voice today.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Kathryn made the statement.

"For over 32 years Rush has cherished you, his loyal audience and always looked forward to every single show. It is with profound sadness, I must share with you directly the our beloved Rush, my wonderful husband, passed away this morning, due to complications from lung cancer. As so many of you know, losing a loved one is terribly difficult. Even more so when that loved one is larger than life," she said. "Rush will forever be the greatest of all time. Rush was an extraordinary man. A gentle giant. Brilliant. Quick witted. Genuinely kind. Extremely generous. Passionate. Courageous and the hardest working person I know. Despite being one of the most recognized, powerful people in the world, Rush never let the success change his core or beliefs. He was polite and respectful to everyone he met."

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater
My family will miss him. My daughter was raised on Rush Revere, has read the series multiple times.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
My family will miss him. My daughter was raised on Rush Revere, has read the series multiple times.

Our son is the same way. Loves Liberty the horse.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I met Rush once...many years back.
It was one of the great honors of my life to speak with him.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Such a shame - it's good for his family that he was honoured by the President before he passed for the work he had done over the years. RIP.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Rush died heartbroken and angry over how the Republican party turned to crap during the 2020 election cycle.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Always listened to Rush when I could though I was not a religious listener I always respected his viewpoints. I think what many didn’t understand is that Rush also considered himself an entertainer and there were many people that took his words to seriously at times and missed his message.

I think he was one of the few people to ever live that revolutionized an industry. I can only speak for myself but I know my awakening started many years ago listening to him and it encouraged me to go out and research the topics and find my own answers. For that I will always be in debt. RIP

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump attend his funeral.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump attend his funeral.

I'm sure he will. Hopefully Rush will have several funerals, open to the public, like George Floyd.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It might be surprising to see who shows up, but for some obvious reasons (I am talking about comment streams in some places), they may have closed funerals. I wouldn't blame them at all. There are some segments of society today that just have to be obnoxious about everything. It started with Westboro you might say, and when we decided to tolerate that, the floodgates opened.

If I were his family, I wouldn't want anyone to necessarily know where he's being buried.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It started with Westboro you might say, and when we decided to tolerate that, the floodgates opened.

Yeah, that pesky free speech thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Rest in peace Rush.

Ideologically we were quite different... But I actually liked his show. He was usually playful and wasn't the mean rant type.

he helped change the landscape of media, for better or worse, the man is a legend.

Cancer is a bitch, at least his suffering is no more.

Goodbye Rush.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I was lucky enough to get the chance to be in the audience for one of the tapings of his short-lived TV show when I was in NYC once.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As y'all say when someone gets cancelled, private venues and stuff.

As a society, we used to expect some respect out of each other, even when we hated each other. Certain things were off limits. When we allowed those norms to be torn down, this is where it leads. There is something to be said for behavioral standards in a populace.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Damn, EIB 760am is never gonna be the same.

I enjoyed the time I had listening to him on my way to work. RIP sir, hopefully the afterlife isn’t as divided as our current one.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Gonna paraphrase Bette Davis. "You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Rush Limbaugh is dead. Good.”

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

He, unlike Floyd, deserves the accolades.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join