It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Rush Limbaugh 2/17/21

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: CrazyWater

Gonna paraphrase Bette Davis. "You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Rush Limbaugh is dead. Good.”

This would be the rare time that I wish we had a down vote here at ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
As y'all say when someone gets cancelled, private venues and stuff.

Standing on the sidewalk isn't private, they aren't actually allowed into the cemetery which I'm sure you're 100% aware of.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Gonna paraphrase Bette Davis. "You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Rush Limbaugh is dead. Good.”

If you don't like the person and don't think they are anything but evil, you could at least do what I do, and say that you are sure that he (or she) has family and friends who are mourning them and miss them today and your thoughts are with them.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As a society, we used to expect some respect out of each other, even when we hated each other. Certain things were off limits. When we allowed those norms to be torn down, this is where it leads. There is something to be said for behavioral standards in a populace.

I gotta agree, protesting at a funeral is the bastion of the lowest of low pieces of complete unmitigated #. You're not protesting the corpse, it's a stone-cold dead corpse and it does not care. All you're doing is making a hard event even more miserable for people who have # all to do with you or why you're there making # worse for 'em.

Might not be able to legislate that people have class, but at least we've got the option of legislating where to be classLESS at within empathetic reason.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wasn't a religious listener to his show, but liked it when I did listen.

I guess it was expected. You could tell he knew the end was near with some of his previous statements. That letter he wrote to Trump last week pretty much said he knew the seconds were ticking.

I'm sure leftist and progressives of compassion will be rejoicing with all their kind compassion.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It'll be better here than it already is in other places. I've seen some of them out in force already.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

A man who told his listeners that smoking doesn’t kill, died from smoking today. RIP to a man who made a living off of literal fake news and lying to people. Who helped pave the way for the divided country we live in.

The world will be a better place without him.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Says more about you than it does anything else, from that statement alone it would seem Rush was a better person than you seem to be

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I never listened to Rush, but I did respect his perspective whenever I was exposed to him.

Rush was definitely a firebrand and was so for 3 decades.

May his family find solace in the memories of his life and may God rest his soul.

The guy had a man's way about him.

I like your words.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Bette Davis rose from the grave to say that about Rush Limbaugh?

Or did you have a seance?

RIP Rush.
edit on 1722021 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

A man who told his listeners that smoking doesn’t kill, died from smoking today. RIP to a man who made a living off of literal fake news and lying to people. Who helped pave the way for the divided country we live in.

Boy your delusion and hate is just about as deep seeded as it gets isnt it? Do you ever get tired of being wrong, or do you just ignore it?

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
He is now in a better place, a place where no democrats will ever go.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Considering the average male life expectancy in the US is 76 and Rush was 70, he lost maybe 6 years. Certainly the average life expectancy for men worldwide is 70.

edit on 17-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
President Trump called into Fox news a few minutes ago to share his fond memories of Rush Limbaugh.

VidClip: mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I can guarantee that I will not be kind when a leftist dies.

So enjoy your day.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Peace, Rush.

He gave millions of us a voice at a time when virtually everybody in the media mocked us.
I appreciated his respect for the military at a time when virtually everybody in the media despised us.
ditto law enforcement.

USA owes him a great deal.
there will never be another.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

They'll be after Tucker even more now.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Very unwelcome news. A sign of the times indeed.
He will be missed. And now we're absolutely f@%$#d.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As a society, we used to expect some respect out of each other, even when we hated each other. Certain things were off limits. When we allowed those norms to be torn down, this is where it leads. There is something to be said for behavioral standards in a populace.

I gotta agree, protesting at a funeral is the bastion of the lowest of low pieces of complete unmitigated #. You're not protesting the corpse, it's a stone-cold dead corpse and it does not care. All you're doing is making a hard event even more miserable for people who have # all to do with you or why you're there making # worse for 'em.

Might not be able to legislate that people have class, but at least we've got the option of legislating where to be classLESS at within empathetic reason.

The left looks more and more like Westboro Baptist each day

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Rush was kind and generous. He didn't let his incredible success go to his head and, in spite of his show persona, was a very humble man.

To hear people on the Left say they are happy he died...tells me all I need to know about them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join