It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Feature from Google for Your Consideration and Convenience

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

This 'feature' unfortunately came out earlier this summer.

Just another example of denigrating black people and treating them like they're incapable of being people.

It's much like the way we designate handicapped special needs differently abled?? I dunno what the acceptable term is...anyway....

We give people we think are unable to participate in society to the same capacity as other people special designation and treatment..

Google is basically equating black people to retards....

This is exactly my opinion on the OP.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Isn’t this a great way to tell people which businesses to avoid?

Ahem. That made me chuckle.

I’m serious.
If I was a racist that didn’t want to use a minority owned business, this would be a perfect way to let me know which ones to avoid. Otherwise most people would have no clue who owns a business.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What if I'm looking for a Nazi owned business?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
What if I'm looking for a Nazi owned business?

Oh that’s easy- just search for business which are pro-Trump. Right?
edit on Mon Feb 15 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB code

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   

edit on 15-2-2021 by Lumenari because: DTOM fixed it

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

The covert racism is strong in the opening post.

And in many of the replies to my earlier post.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It's not the algorithm. If you are a business owner you now have the option to include the following options on your Google Business Profile:

Identifies Black-Owned
Identifies Veteran-led
Identifies Women-Led

No, you cannot add Asian owned, Native American owned, Latino owned or choose any other ethnic group.

edit on 15-2-2021 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

The covert racism is strong in the opening post.

And in many of the replies to my earlier post.

The funny part is that you are the only one seeing it.

But you got your virtue signal out for the way for the day...

/golf clap

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

How does this potentially empower businesses to only serve certain segments of the population?

It doesn’t, and that is not its purpose.

Its purpose is to allow customers who wish to patronize Black-owned businesses to find those businesses.

I’m am sure you have heard of affirmative action. This is an example of it -- a harmless and praiseworthy one.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   

And now, folks... racist restaurant reviews.

The two worst burgers I've ever had were both cooked by Asians.

The only white people in town that make donuts are a buncha old geezers with a staring problem. The Asians make the good stuff.

The best barbecue in town is run by mostly black people. Up to that point the best barbecue I'd ever had was from a big redneck hoss in Georgia.

Best AND worst pizza ever was by an Armenian.

I don't discriminate...

No, you just note correspondences between culinary ability and race. Do you think that isn’t racism?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just want to look for a business.

I don't care of the color of the skin of the people that own the business because that is racist and I'm not a racist.

Me, too. If I'm looking for a peddler of potted houseplants, I want the nearest flower dorks to me within X number of miles to choose from.

Their skin has jack # to do with it.

However, if they're going to peddle skin over substance, then I don't have much reason to shop those businesses. Again, skin has jack # to do with any of that.

All this crap will do is turn people off to those businesses. Sorry, but I don't want to shop any business because the owner's skin is En Vogue at the moment. That's not cool, that's knuckledraggy and racist.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is my observation. Not sure if anyone else has noticed similar.

All of the "pushing" for race-based anything or gender-based anything is neither..

Black
Gay
Trans
Non-Binary
Latino
Asian
identity du jour

???

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

So I can search specifically for a black owned business and thats not racist.

But if I note the race of the guy that cooks my burger... that IS racist?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

This is an example of it -- a harmless and praiseworthy one.

That's your opinion. IMO, it is neither.

When people drop the precursor word of "black" or "African" from their American title of citizen, then I have a feeling they will finally feel a release from the constant need to focus on skin color.

It's time to drop all the fake and pitiful pandering and the sly little ways that certain people have that sound and look virtuous, but on a deeper level just keeps people psychologically segregated.

People make money off that pandering and race-baiting stuff though. Government grants, 501(c)3's, diversity training companies, etc. are much too lucrative for them.

It also keeps certain agendas moving forward. If I were black, I would hate to be used like that.

edit on 15-2-2021 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

How does this potentially empower businesses to only serve certain segments of the population?

It doesn’t, and that is not its purpose.

Its purpose is to allow customers who wish to patronize Black-owned businesses to find those businesses.

I’m am sure you have heard of affirmative action. This is an example of it -- a harmless and praiseworthy one.

Affirmative Action is a racist policy.

It is our own government publicly stating that minorities and women are not as capable as the average citizen, so they need a helping hand to be equal.

I understand why you don't understand that, however.

You are a bigot.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   
In their little world, you would probably not be entitled to any prime search engine/map real estate despite being Native. Wrong skin tone to them, sorry Lum.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   

No, you just note correspondences between culinary ability and race. Do you think that isn’t racism?

No. it's not "racist"....unless you're a progressive who judges everyone based on skin colour. My cousin's wife is Thai and makes the best satay chicken ever, but can't cook a steak to save herself. How on earth is that "racist"?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

So I can search specifically for a black owned business and thats not racist.

But if I note the race of the guy that cooks my burger... that IS racist?

I GOT IT!!

Look for a black Asian burger chef!

Or is that not approved as black enough because biracial?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
In their little world, you would probably not be entitled to any prime search engine/map real estate despite being Native. Wrong skin tone to them, sorry Lum.

I find it hilarious that as a NA female business owner, my thoughts about Affirmative Action and my dealings with it over two decades carry no weight in a conversation.

Guess I'm just off the reservation...

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Nyiah

I find it hilarious that as a NA female business owner, my thoughts about Affirmative Action and my dealings with it over two decades carry no weight in a conversation.

Guess I'm just off the reservation...

< chuckles > That does indeed boggle, but it also proves something important -- minority groups are absolutely NOT treated as equal by their SJW white knighters at all and there IS a tier/caste system to it.

Thanks, soapboxers. By focusing on one, you improved...nothing for all, you're just mooching wannbe do-gooder glory that doesn't even exist outside your heads.
edit on 2/15/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join