It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Feature from Google for Your Consideration and Convenience

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And aren't you a cis-male? Yours counts even less these days!

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I saw it at the bottom of the Google Search page and just assumed it was there because this was Black History Month. I was going to be mightily offended if it didn't change to a female or woman owned business next month seeing as how it's women's history month next month.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

By buying into this #, whether it's racism, sexism, homophobia, any of the identity stuff..

People are people and deserve to be treated like it...period...

All of this just pushes the idea that some people are less than people, they need help and special protection because some bull# that means nothing.

I just call it bigotry.

Because that is exactly what it is.

~shrug~

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

I wonder if Google has a White owned business notification in Africa?

Huge continent. Google probably runs multiple notifications there.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just want to look for a business.

I don't care of the color of the skin of the people that own the business because that is racist and I'm not a racist.

todays racism works more along the lines of schrodinger's racist card.

You don't know if its racist until you open the box to see if its a white man or black man being offended .

so If you google restaurants near me and you happen to end up in a white owned restaurant then clearly you are racist.

Clearly this is a new google feature that is simply trying to help you not be racist by giving preferred treatment to a Chosen class of people based on color.

So don't be racist and simply select who you do business with based on color next time as google is suggesting.

edit on 38228America/ChicagoMon, 15 Feb 2021 21:38:02 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I saw it at the bottom of the Google Search page and just assumed it was there because this was Black History Month. I was going to be mightily offended if it didn't change to a female or woman owned business next month seeing as how it's women's history month next month.

We uterus owners don't matter to the Great Woke because they have determined that our husbands tell us how to vote.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I guess the KKK, skin heads and white power groups know where to find the black business to do their business.

link   
The two worst burgers I've ever had were both cooked by Asians.

The only white people in town that make donuts are a buncha old geezers with a staring problem. The Asians make the good stuff.

The best barbecue in town is run by mostly black people. Up to that point the best barbecue I'd ever had was from a big redneck hoss in Georgia.

Best AND worst pizza ever was by an Armenian.

I don't discriminate... I do have eyes. But I feel like saying all the above would get me called a racist in certain circles.

Just sayin... that's all food... because most everything else is from Amazon or rang up by my lonesome at the Grocery store. Don't know who owns that. I've never cared who "owned" a business. I cared about customer service, selection, and price. Which is why Amazon is laying the smack down on everyone.

edit on 15-2-2021 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: DBCowboy

And aren't you a cis-male? Yours counts even less these days!

True.

And I have a job, have married a white woman who is a stay-at-home mom to our two sons.

Oh also a vet.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It is...but fundamentally...it's depriving another of their right to free will over their own lives. It pushes a victim mentality and encourages a lack of responsibility over ones own life. It's #ing insidious as far as i'm concerned. People refusing to take responsibility for their own lives and everyone wallowing in this vicitimhood mentality is a big reason the world is in the situation it is today. It leads people to inaction and helplessness and encourages people to surrender yet more freedom for their special 'privileges.'
edit on 15/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The best barbecue in town is run by mostly black people.

Interesting to see if google would suggest a black owned business if you searched for fried chicken?

It could bring down all of google by the AI consuming all the resources and algorithms to determine if it should come up with a suggestion.

edit on 01228America/ChicagoMon, 15 Feb 2021 23:01:52 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   

So if I were a racist, which I am not, couldn't I use this to find which businesses were black owned and then not do business with them.

Lol, more reverse racism from the liberal geniuses.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

It is...but fundamentally...it's depriving another of their right to free will over their own lives. It pushes a victim mentality and encourages a lack of responsibility over ones own life. It's #ing insidious as far as i'm concerned. People refusing to take responsibility for their own lives and everyone wallowing in this vicitimhood mentality is, a big reason the world is in the situation it is today.

It is the only way that Democrats can remain in power.

After all, it isn't like they have any actual good ideas on how to make the country better for ALL Americans.

They need a victim class and an oppressor class.

Hegel formed the idea, Marx expanded on it.

They are just following the plan to keep in power.

To save all of us from ourselves.

Again, bigots.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

This 'feature' unfortunately came out earlier this summer.

Just another example of denigrating black people and treating them like they're incapable of being people.

It's much like the way we designate handicapped special needs differently abled?? I dunno what the acceptable term is...anyway....

We give people we think are unable to participate in society to the same capacity as other people special designation and treatment..

Google is basically equating black people to retards....

It is indeed, and it's very insulting. It is an effort in the dehumanization of everyone, everywhere. Quite evil as well. Very ugly.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It is...but i'm sick of the nice language and the bull#...nice words are bull#...'bigotry' is another catchall bull# word that softens the blow and doesn't tell it like it is.

# calling it bigotry..

It's depriving another human being of the freedom of self determination, it's depriving them of basic respect and dignity and generally, treating them as less than human.

Let's start calling bigotry what it is.

Depriving another person of their right to humanity.

# soft language. # pc terms, # the -isms and the -igotries....no....

Full on bluntly...it is treating another human as something less than human.

I'm honestly sick of pc bull# language in general...bigotry is just another bull# pc word like racism.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Bingo...

This means they are CLASSIFYING businesses by this aspect. They are categorizing them and announcing who they are.

Slippery slopes man.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The two worst burgers I've ever had were both cooked by Asians.

One of the best burgers I have ever eaten was made by a Chinese man working out of a little trailer by the side of the road.

Word got around and soon it was hard to even get a burger in 30 minutes of waiting.

Then the health department came around and found out that he was using Jack Daniels in the hamburger and he was shut down.

But that's one of the things in my elk burgers now...

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Nice rant!

However, in discussing things online I prefer to use English words in their proper context so that a discussion can be had.

Your rant will not move the ball forward whatsoever in the conversation.

So you do you and I will do me...

edit on 15-2-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

By buying into this #, whether it's racism, sexism, homophobia, any of the identity stuff..

People are people and deserve to be treated like it...period...

All of this just pushes the idea that some people are less than people, they need help and special protection because some bull# that means nothing.

I just call it bigotry.

Because that is exactly what it is.

~shrug~

Hush. We're not supposed to talk about that.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I appreciate that...but if we're gonna talk about english...we could look into the etymology of bigot...

simple.wikipedia.org...

The origin of the word bigot in English dates back to at least 1598, via French. It started with the sense of "religious hypocrite", especially a woman.

I stand by my rant...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join