It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates: Solving Covid easy compared with climate (BBC)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Solving climate change would be "the most amazing thing humanity has ever done", says the billionaire founder of Microsoft.

By comparison, ending the pandemic is "very, very easy", he claims.

Mr Gates's new book, How to Avoid a Climate Disaster, is a guide to tackling global warming.

Don't underestimate the scale of the challenge, he told me when we spoke last week.

"We've never made a transition like we're talking about doing in the next 30 years. There is no precedent for this."

Fifty-one billion is how many tonnes of greenhouse gases the world typically adds to the atmosphere each year.

Bill Gates: Solving Covid easy compared with climate (BBC)

Is there no end to what this man can do?

He started out as a wiz of a kid that made his empire through Microsoft and now he wants to be your Climate Change and Covid Vaccine Champion, oh and he's also for population control. What a humanitarian ...

Ever notice that in 90% of any video interview (or similar), that he has his arms clutched together? I'm not profiling... just observing but I digress.

He thinks that Government should intervene with Climate Control.

So isn't it a bit rich for him now to demand government intervention? He replies he has always supported "the basic role of government in terms of roads and justice and education and scientific research". And, on the climate issue, he maintains it will be impossible to avoid a disaster, particularly for those who live near the equator, without governments around the world getting behind the effort. The Republican Party in America needs to recognise the importance of tackling climate change, says Mr Gates.

Cough... cough... cough... Yep.. Thats what we need... We need more intervention by the government... because it's for our own good.

Bah...

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well, look at the stark reality. Millions of people are starving to death every year, many of them children, most in third-world countries that are badly governed. Corruption seems to pervade all strata of society. It matters little where you go in the world. Liars and corrupt people rule, in the police, the justice system, the governing bodies of the world.

They mismanage and are slow and people suffer, are homeless, die needlessly to diseases that should be erractacted by clean farming, and eating practices.

There are people who want to do good but when they gain a little bit of power by some happenstance they quickly realize the stark reality of the system. Even more people who are in power care little for the people.

So, looking at it all I would say Bill Gates is right. It is an easy thing to get rid of a pandemic, for God. Not for man. If man cannot fix these "little things" how are they gonna fix the big things? The starving, the homeless, the epidemics, the hatred, the war?

A real eye-opener. I do not say this to be pessimistic. I do believe God is going to fix things. I just try and put myself in the shoes of people who don't believe in God and who see the dire state of the conditions on earth. They must seem pretty bleak to them.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Of course solving covid's easy, just change the parameters on the PCR tests, actually start sequencing the tests...suddenly no more covid. Done, covid positive test rates vanish overnight.
edit on 14/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   

To me it is interesting that Gates lives in a country (America) that has driven down our carbon emissions, but backs a political party that will drive up imports from places like China and India.

Who will need more energy to produce more products, which will cause even more carbon emissions because they use a lot of hydrocarbons for energy...

Does he not understand that China, India and America are on the same planet?

So a man that made his billions dumpster diving at IBM for tech and stealing his partner's ideas will now save the world?

He's the greatest scumbag in modern history.

And he knows it.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   

But what of those countries who are not succumbing to an out-of-control epidemic?

There are a number of them now.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

To me it is interesting that Gates lives in a country (America) that has driven down our carbon emissions, but backs a political party that will drive up imports from places like China and India.

Who will need more energy to produce more products, which will cause even more carbon emissions because they use a lot of hydrocarbons for energy...

Does he not understand that China, India and America are on the same planet?

So a man that made his billions dumpster diving at IBM for tech and stealing his partner's ideas will now save the world?

And he knows it.

He might own real estate and have investments in America, but I'm fairly sure he only visits it these days.

He purportedly bought a big superyacht early last year that is nearly self sufficient.

Mystery Surrounds $644 Million Hydrogen-Powered Superyacht

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

He is an American citizen running an American company.

I understand why you don't understand that.

Since you and all the cool kids are globalists now.

Speaking of "Global", care to chime in on how having China and India emitting more C02 is good for the planet and how Gates is going to "solve" this?

edit on 14-2-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Solving the issue of an EXTREMELY innocuous virus?

Why bother? It’s not a threat.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm glad he has that super yahct. Now he can get on it, stay on
it and STFU!

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   

He is an American citizen running an American company.

I understand why you don't understand that.

Since you and all the cool kids are globalists now.

Speaking of "Global", care to chime in on how having China and India emitting more C02 is good for the planet and how Gates is going to "solve" this?

China and India are growing economies, not contracting like the USA's, they are also now willing to pay for technological solutions to the problems of pollution and ecological impact of that growth.

GDP growth (annual %) - United States

GDP growth (annual %) - China

GDP growth (annual %) - India

Environmental governance in China
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Environmental policy of India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   
To be fair, if say 75%-95% of the people on Earth were dead, the pandemic would be over, and there wouldn't be enough people to affect the climate. It's a shame that the Bubonic Plague will cause that if we're not careful this spring. And since Billy-G has a dog he'll fall to the plague, so he'll get his wish in a very "Twilight Zone" kind of way.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I didn't realize China was 3rd world.

I didn't realize capitalism is good outside of the US.

I didn't realize that so many posters interested in Democrats success were non-american residents.

(Lied on the last one)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Solving the issue of an EXTREMELY innocuous virus?

Why bother? It’s not a threat.

In the USA, 27,639,538 people have had the virus. 485,332 have died from it.

That is eight people in every hundred that have had the virus and 14 people in every 10,000 have died from it.

For comparison:

- The leading cause of death in 2017, in the USA, was heart disease with 647,457 deaths.
- The second leading cause of death was Cancer, in 2017, with 599,108 deaths.
- The third leading cause of death, in 2017, were accidental injuries, with 169,936 deaths.

Based upon those figures, COVID-19 would be probably the third leading cause of death in the USA.
(Note: all CDC figures.)

edit on 15/2/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Yeah thanks

YAWN

I believe the numbers of dead are inaccurate. (Fake). Grossly overinflated. As are the numbers of infected.

the cdc, pfft. They’re just as reliable at the WHO and the UN (not reliable AT ALL)
edit on 15 2 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

But if those numbers are accurate (they’re not) then pro-segregation joe had better do something about it. (He won’t)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
I didn't realize China was 3rd world.

Parts of it are.

I didn't realize capitalism is good outside of the US.

Before Marx & Engels, the entire world was capitalist. Now that China and Russia are turning away from Communism, most of the world is capitalist.

I didn't realize that so many posters interested in Democrats success were non-american residents.

Well it stands to reason,

There are 7,846,017,215 people in the world.
There are 330,000,000 people in the US.

If ATS represents a connected world with an international scope, then Americans are clearly a minority.

edit on 15/2/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Yeah thanks

YAWN

I believe the numbers of dead are inaccurate. (Fake). Grossly overinflated. As are the numbers of infected.

the cdc, pfft. They’re just as reliable at the WHO and the UN (not reliable AT ALL)

Ah, I see, how do you collect collate your data?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Just by blinding swallowing EVERY word that comes from a mainstream news presenter’s mouth

Can’t go wrong that way it seems

(Emoji)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well
If a reality TV show host can become POTUS and wants to MAGA MAGA MAGA, than why is it strange that Bill Gates wants to try and save the world? I mean, he has money and power to make a difference.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   

And he knows it.

Lol. Trump deceived people, he conned people. He has hundreds of lawsuits filled against him from contractors who he refused to pay. But you don't have a problem with that. Spare me the moral high ground bs. No one who votes Trump is in a position to call anyone a scammer or a scumbag

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   
When did Bill get a degree in medicine or climatology ?
Gates is a businessman .
(If it wasn't for Ballmer , Microsoft would be nowhere like it is today)
That ought to tell you something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join