It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates: Solving Covid easy compared with climate (BBC)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
When did Bill get a degree in medicine or climatology ?

Why? Do you need a degree in these subjects to hold an informed opinion? Of course you don't, otherwise I doubt anyone on this thread would be allowed to comment, eh?

Gate's contention is right. Solving climate change would be an extraordinary feat – assuming he means man-made change. Not only do the politics have to line up e.g. China needs to stop polluting, but the world needs to work differently. Not sure either will happen in my lifetime, but I'll probably end up with an electric car at some point, and some of the biggest corporate polluters e.g. Coca Cola will be weaned off plastic.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
a reply to: chr0naut

Just by blinding swallowing EVERY word that comes from a mainstream news presenter’s mouth

Can’t go wrong that way it seems

(Emoji)

Well they do have the better credentials.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

So, Uncle Bill is still one of Microsofts largest stockholders.

When I switch on my computer I don't see a firmware / software encoded message pop up on my screen saying anything about climate change.

Just wondering why that might be?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Honestly we may start terraforming this planet before we start with mars. It's really about the only way I see to actually help alleviate climate change. I think it in the end makes the most sense as well because even without pollution induced climate change the climate will continue to evolve without external control. I know many years ago there was a lot of serious research into carbon scrubbing stations. They made serious progress into materials that would absorb the CO2 and could then be processed to capture it in high pressure vessels, last papers I read had even made progress on materials that could be reused or "recharged". From there ideas included essentially vitrifying the CO2 like radioactive waste and using it to create building materials. Other options also included deep geologic sequestration which sounds cool but I doubt it would work long term although it might be a great way to temporarily store large volumes prior to processing. Consequently if we could maintain these deep geologic reserves we could add and remove CO2 as needed into the atmosphere to stabilize the climate indefinitely.

"Green" energy and renewables only take you so far because of the materials and energy required to produce them and maintain them still incur CO2 release. So many things like solar, wind turbines, and electric cars are like using a bandaid when you need a trauma pad and surgeon.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
What scares me is that these maniacs have half the planet believing that CO2 is some sort of pollutant, when it's one of the most important gases in our atmosphere, essential for all life on this planet. We're at around 400 ppm at the moment...one of the lowest CO2 levels ever in the entire history of the earth. At around 130 ppm all life on earth ends.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   
And if it goes too low like in previous eons and we have too much oxygen the world will essentially be a never ending firestorm. Not many people seem to realize that moderation is key. I see a lot of ways that a carbon based industry could help us immensely. Giving us the technology to actually terraform or even improve a mars colony's gas reclamation and by extension space travel. I think that it's important that humans learn how to process and control atmospheric gases. Ideally we could freeze the planet's current conditions.

Now if only we could get that pesky nuclear waste issue fixed. The tech does exist to nearly eliminate industrial waste but unfortunately it's not "cost effective" without large scale adoption and further improvements. It's one of the unfortunate issues with capitalism that havent really been solved yet. In time these problems can usually be overcome but it does make it harder to get the tech off the ground.

Currently we're still mining ore and producing "green tech" with fossil fuels and contamination from mining and industrial production. I think until the bigger issues are solved we're kind of deceiving ourselves.

CO2 and synthetic limestone

CO2 back to carbon

originally posted by: Flatcoat
What scares me is that these maniacs have half the planet believing that CO2 is some sort of pollutant, when it's one of the most important gases in our atmosphere, essential for all life on this planet. We're at around 400 ppm at the moment...one of the lowest CO2 levels ever in the entire history of the earth. At around 130 ppm all life on earth ends.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Dollar bill gates was never a wizz. Maybe a geewiz, not this wowser again. The little feller ripped off everything he is known for, including eugenics.
What a stooge.
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
Well
If a reality TV show host can become POTUS and wants to MAGA MAGA MAGA, than why is it strange that Bill Gates wants to try and save the world? I mean, he has money and power to make a difference.

When have money and power made a positive difference to the world?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Gates is a businessman .
(If it wasn't for Ballmer , Microsoft would be nowhere like it is today)
That ought to tell you something.

A Businessman that will allow future vaccines to be run by 3rd Party Suppliers in the same vein as his (stolen/plagiarised) operating system "protection."

I joke but can imagine weekly ranking for vax (not vax) efficacy stats.

This week in an number one, knocking Kaspersky from the top spot is Mcaffee :-

Mcaffee Total Protection = 86 % (no reported adverse reactions as of writing this article)
Kaspersky = 81 % (200 suspected reactions in over 70s and those with pre-existing conditions)
BitDefender = 78 % (128 suspected reactions)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Why? Do you need a degree in these subjects to hold an informed opinion? Of course you don't, otherwise I doubt anyone on this thread would be allowed to comment, eh?

Gate's contention is right. Solving climate change would be an extraordinary feat – assuming he means man-made change.

Plenty of people here are experts in various fields, by either education or practical work experience. Some have expertise in multiple fields.

If Gates is talking about man-made climate change then it seems to negate how extraordinary it would be to "solve" it. If we caused it without even trying then it should be a simple matter of a little effort to change it back. Bill Gates can start by reducing his own footprint. His whole industry is built on throwaway parts from polluters and the lifecycle of those parts ends in 3rd world countries without rigorous regulations about electronic waste.

The rhetoric about how hard it will be is part of the plan. It will be hard, but not for him. It will be hard on regular citizens that can't buy their way out of draconian rules. It will be hard because the worst offenders are part of an elite class that doesn't follow their own rules. It will be hard because those with the least will have to give up the most under their plans.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightHawk
Well, look at the stark reality. Millions of people are starving to death every year, many of them children,

Really, where?
Please let me know?
I would be very interested to see your facts

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Do you need a degree in these subjects to hold an informed opinion?

"One is not entitled to their opinion . One is entitled to their INFORMED opinion . No one is entitled to ignorance"
Harlan Ellison.
Do you go around giving folks medical advice based on your opinion ?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Gates is a businessman .

A Businessman that will allow future vaccines to be run by 3rd Party Suppliers in the same vein as his (stolen/plagiarised) operating system "protection."

I joke but can imagine weekly ranking for vax (not vax) efficacy stats.

This week in an number one, knocking Kaspersky from the top spot is Mcaffee :-

Mcaffee Total Protection = 86 % (no reported adverse reactions as of writing this article)
Kaspersky = 81 % (200 suspected reactions in over 70s and those with pre-existing conditions)
BitDefender = 78 % (128 suspected reactions)

Wonderful.....

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

In the USA, 27,639,538 people have had the virus. 485,332 have died from it.

Change that to died ‘with’ it as was reported and not ‘from’ it and the numbers become more comparable to regular flu.

Also why don’t they kick up more of a fuss about heart disease if it’s the number one killer? The majority of deaths are preventable with the right diet and exercise yes?

And bills hydrogen powered yacht? Last time I checked it takes more energy to make hydrogen than it returns.. so it’s not really green at all is it? and that’s why we don’t currently use it for most stuff.
edit on 15-2-2021 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

In the USA, 27,639,538 people have had the virus.

I bet it's closer to 27 no zeros. lmao
edit on 15-2-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

you poor dear. Trump isn't president anymore. You are going to have to find a way to get over all this. talk to a friend maybe, or a doctor. Just get some help.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This guy is a quack. The country making all of the parts and components that he enjoys making money on is the number 1 country spewing out pollution, with zero interest in protecting the earth. China.

He flys around on a fuel guzzling jet, one flight on his G650ER (extra range) from west coast to east coast consumes enough fuel to equate driving a Prius car for three years straight non stop.

These clowns with their oversized multiple homes, gas guzzling jets, and producers of trash piles are the biggest hypocrites I’ve ever seen.

On that note, I wonder how much oil and gas is used to manufacture, transport, land develope, and dig trenches for power lines for 1 Wind turbine?
edit on 15-2-2021 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Microsoft got a stranglehold/monopoly on government sales back in the 80s.

I started an IT support company at the end of the 90s, just before the DoJ forced everyone off WordPerfect and onto MS Word. Made a very quick fortune converting all of those legal pleadings from one proprietary format to the other.

Thanks a lot, Bill Gates.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
This guy is a quack. The country making all of the parts and components that he enjoys making money on is the number 1 country spewing out pollution, with zero interest in protecting the earth. China.

He flys around on a fuel guzzling jet, one flight on his G650ER (extra range) from west coast to east coast consumes enough fuel to equate driving a Prius car for three years straight non stop.

These clowns with their oversized multiple homes, gas guzzling jets, and producers of trash piles are the biggest hypocrites I’ve ever seen.

On that note, I wonder how much oil and gas is used to manufacture, transport, land develope, and dig trenches for power lines for 1 Wind turbine?

Now I can't even get a job WASH'N F*&@ING CAAAAAAARS!

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Solving an over 5 billion year old natural cycle.

Gates is an idiot, and speaks to what ulterior motive behind all his farm land purchases.
edit on 15-2-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join