It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone goes to heaven

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

We are all bigger than the sum of our parts.

I am not religious... I am spiritual.

I have no problem with believing in a higher power.

But damn I dislike the various fan clubs built around that Truth.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Kocag
That's not what I have read. The only way to heaven is through Jesus Crist. The rest go to hell.

Really? Think about it. How many billions of people never heard of Jesus? Do you honestly believe that if a person has never heard of some minor desert god's offspring that he will go to a contrived place called Hell? It makes no sense at all.

The name Jesus never existed before that nefarious dude James wrote it in.

J didnt either before then.
edit on 12-2-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
I'd actually like to sit down and debate with him in heaven. Listening to him figuring out what made him do what he did would be fascinating. If we are all just here to become self aware and learn, hitler would have to go through the same process. We all make mistakes when we take the path away from love, small mistakes or huge like his.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Summary: 2nd Timothy 4:3-5

For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths.

But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Same actually. I would love the opportunity, if it were possible, to talk to individuals who have had a significant impact on the world due to their actions. Really pick their brain.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
He stated his sources... internet people. Can you get anymore of a reliable source?

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
His name is Yeshua not Jesus.

a reply to: PillarOfFire

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You still did not answer my question.

Is Christ a liar?

Why do you not answer the question instead you ignore it?

We both know the answer, don't we.

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: DeathSlayer

So Christ is a Liar?

Are you saying Christ is a liar?

He spoke of hell on more than one occasion.

I think it is time you get your facts straight.

My "facts"? There are no "facts" regarding your Christian notion of the afterlife. There are only ideas, suppositions, assumptions, and premises invented by other humans who reinvented the whole thing to suit themselves and to retain control.

I'm saying your 'Christ' was the same as any other advanced soul, an enlightened messenger, a Grand Master. His words were about treating others the way you want to be treated, and about forgiveness and acceptance.

If you don't learn to treat others with empathy, kindness, compassion, and honor (that is, if you act like a jerk) you can expect to suffer from it later in another round of life on earth. Even so, you are still part of the divine. You'll learn that eventually.

Be kind.

(ETA: Jeez it was seven minutes! Simmer down! -- oh sorry, TWENTY FOUR minutes)

edit on 13-2-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think people get caught up with both heaven/hell being an equal reality and they are not.

We know purgatory/limbo is false and yet the church taught this for centuries, hell is in the same category.
A scam to scare people, control people and get money from people.

Heaven on the other hand has always been real as the created angels have always lived there with God.
Some turned to the dark side and became demons, God would replace at least some of these with worthy humans that have died believing in him and Jesus. Anybody who does not believe in Jesus doesn't go to heaven but they also don't go to hell, so where do they go ? What is the third option ?

Act 24:15

“And while I have hope in God, which they also do, they preach these things: There is going to be a resurrection from the dead, of the righteous and of the evil.”

If you study the scriptures you will see there is only one other place for them to go, and it's right here on earth.
People say the earth could never sustain that many people, but for God it's a easy fix, he just reduces the size of the oceans and makes the frozen wasteland's of Northern Canada and Russia inhabitable with better weather. This planet probably can sustain 100 billion people if you fix the geography and weather. You can't live on 80% of the planet right now in a healthy suitable manner. That's why we have these super dense population centers. This is not what God intended for this planet.
Consider too that we exist in a closed eco system; H20 is either vapor, liquid or solid the molecular amount never changes only it's form. When God brought the flood of Noah's day God made the water rearrange itself within the total eco system, he changed it then and he can change it back.
In fact if you read the Genesis creation account he already did this once before when no life was on the planet yet.
Also if all the earths water was evenly distributed over the entire planet and all the land leveled out, the entire planet would be covered in water by around 2-2.6km. We have a true water world right now, and God can make space for all these resurrected humans coming back.

Where are they all right now, a state of non-existence?
God has the ability to basically perfectly clone them, and bring them back just as they were, minus any health issues they had before they died.
edit on 13-2-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
a reply to: DISRAELI
He stated his sources... internet people. Can you get anymore of a reliable source?

Perzactly. (As Charlie Drake used to say)

edit on 13-2-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   
No one goes to heaven.

Heaven IS when the illusion of separation is no more.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Your OP is exactly why God made sure we have this.

Do you think it was difficult for God to provide us with a Holy book?

You make up your own rules because you want to be God.

If you don't come to Christ you can't come to God ever!
edit on 13-2-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
So Christ is a Liar?

Are you saying Christ is a liar?

He spoke of hell on more than one occasion.

I think it is time you get your facts straight.

a reply to: VeeTNA

Jesus the Christ spoke of "Gehenna," which was the city dump of Jerusalem. It is a place you can visit today. It was mis-translated as "Hell." "Sheol," "Hades" and "Tartarus" were also mis-translated as "Hell." Some say that Jesus spoke of Hell more than any other thing, but I checked the numbers: He spoke of Heaven or Kingdom of Heaven about 6.5 times more than "Hell," even if I grant that "Hell" is real, which I don't.
edit on 13-2-2021 by Lazarus Short because: jub jub jub

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

There is a hell, surely you don't believe Jesus went to Gehenna
after suffering the cross?

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If I grow up in a primitive tribe, seperated by hundreds of years of progress, with no printing press to chaching out another of the most printed books... Do I still go to heaven?

I mean, I'm with luminari on this one. I hope that there is some great creator/creators, but to even think we'd know anything about them is a bit bonkers.. Why did the big Jeez get full credits and the thousands of other religions over eons are $h#t out of luck? Self entitled much?

It's a mostly peaceful (these days) cult, not anyones fault if they are in it, you get indoctrinated from birth/american tv praising god or blessing this and that willy nilly. "God was looking out for me when I was behind the telephone pole at just the right time when the car hit, praise Jesus". It's a constant steady flow, so I guess it's inevitable for 50% of you over there. But I'm thinking cars crash in the thousands everyday, next to roads, which have poles every 50 meters - you just got a bit lucky, maybe a 2/100 chance (assuming 100 steps between poles). No need praying to the lord, surely jesus should have said in the bible "hey folks, consider putting telephone poles every meter" if he really loved us.

I dunno. Best of luck guys, let's hope whatever comes is either peaceful stillness, or really chilled out apart from watching hitler get a smack on his bare bottom every hour on the hour, and lets say the kardashians every half hour....
edit on 13-2-2021 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2021 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I hope you're right.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

"Not everyone who says "Lord , Lord", will enter the Kingdom of God."

Seems pretty cut & dried; think I'll believe Him over you, thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine
a reply to: Lazarus Short

There is a hell, surely you don't believe Jesus went to Gehenna
after suffering the cross?

No, He got a proper burial. That was my point - He warned His listeners to not live in such a way that they get executed for some crime, and their body end up burned in the trash heap...or eaten by worms. It was better for them, He said, to enter life (be born) minus a limb or blind than come to such a bad end.

While we're at it, Jesus did go to hell, in the original sense. Way back when, "hell" as a verb meant to hide or cover. Being "helled" would include burial, and that sense is still used for fruits and veggies. My father told me about it - if you did not have a root cellar, you dug a trench to below the local frost line, put down a layer of straw, then a layer of potatoes, say, then more straw and finally, the dirt you dug up in the first place. It was called "helling the potatoes." Jesus was "helled" in the tomb, but He was not "held." Get it?

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What about godless fearing, barbaric savages, that call themselves Atheists? I heard there a special place for them alot.

edit on 13-2-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join