It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon promotes teacher program that seeks to undo 'racism in mathematics'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) recently encouraged teachers to register for training that encourages "ethnomathematics" and argues, among other things, that White supremacy manifests itself in the focus on finding the right answer.

Part of the toolkit includes a list of ways "white supremacy culture" allegedly "infiltrates math classrooms." Those include "the focus is on getting the 'right' answer," students being "required to 'show their work,'" and other alleged manifestations.

"The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so," the document for the "Equitable Math" toolkit reads. "Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict."

I asked myself "Are we really going full retard ? ' And then I looked around at what the world has become and the answer is "Yep".
This is just insane. Getting the right answer is racist ? So now 2+2 equals whatever the hell you decide ? How about going to the grocery store and the kid behind the counter just wings it on your total ? You bought $40 worth of stuff and the kid just keeps the $50 you handed them. Hell, these kids can't make change in their head anyway. If that machine doesn't tell them, they have to stop and count on their fingers and toe..
Sorry, but there IS a right answer and a wrong one, so apparently none of those kids are gonna get a job with NASA.

So much for "modern education".

ETA : Wouldn't you just love to watch one of them try to balance a checkbook ? Better bring puppies and hot chocolate 'cause there's gonna be a lot of crying.
edit on 12-2-2021 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So I gotta ask.

Does wanting the engineers that designed my car or the doctor administering medication to seek the "right answer" make me racist?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Who needs to count higher than the fingers on their hands? /sarc

Maybe this is why Joey want to limit us to ten round magazines. 'Cause me being able to count to thirty just ain't fair ... it's raycis.

edit on 1222021 by Snarl because: Boogaloo

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The concept of fire being purely objective and hot is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so. Upholding the idea that it will always burn you when you touch it perpetuates objectivity as well as fear of being burned.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Dude, you know it is. There is absolutely no difference between 1 mg of morphine and 100 mg. It's just more zeroes and they don't mean nothin'.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
That will fit in nicely with the push for 'Ebonics'.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It's OK though. The kids probably aren't even back in school for learning in Oregon.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Fire is Orange.
Orange is bad.
Get with the Program.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Bluntone22

Dude, you know it is. There is absolutely no difference between 1 mg of morphine and 100 mg. It's just more zeroes and they don't mean nothin'.

I guess if it was ethnically adjusted it will be fine.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Sad thing is, these are the type of person most likely to go into nursing.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Joe counting rounds : 1, 2 ,3 .....what were we doing ?

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You're right! This is the perfect math for Uncle Joe. He's stuck on millions all the time anyhow.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

This new SJW math is really going to shine when we send space probes out in general estimates of their trajectories.

I'm sure we will nail out targets with that kind of precision.

On a side note, are Swiss watches white supremacist technology? Way too accurate, I sense an ulterior motive.......Sundials are much more equitable.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Just another tool to further widen the class divide.

Colour me surprised...

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Not joking, but I seriously think it is an African cultural thing that meetings begin when everyone gets there, not on time. So they set a general idea of when everyone is to show up, but that's less important than simply having everyone there.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There is a delivery of 100 ten dollar bills to pay for a drug deal. It was supposed to be 100 hundred dollar bills. A drug war breaks out near you because of the deal going bad. Your house is burned down in the fighting. Can you now sue the school system for not teaching that?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

So, basically, white supremacy is really just intelligence? Is that what Oregon's educations team is telling us?

I'm convinced that if we're able to succeed with seceding and brought our education standards back to the golden standard, it would take less than 10 years before the other side would no longer be able to read what we write down since it would most likely be cursive. Their intelligence level would continue to crumble, and the democrats would have their own country full of Forrest Gumps who pointed and called us all the dummies.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The people that dreamed up this scam are geniuses 😎

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: ketsuko

Fire is Orange.
Orange is bad.
Get with the Program.

There's only one color of orange that's not bad. Dolezal Orange.

Only Dolezal Orange is acceptable.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

since when do we actually going full retard? i read this sentence at least once a day since i've been on this site.

this kind of evidence (for whatever) is not very effective anyway because you are not interested in seriously dealing with the topic, right? a link, a few sentences and the verdict is done. if you were a lawyer you would lose your case that way.

"A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction is an integrated approach to mathematics that centers Black, Latinx, and Multilingual students in grades 5-9, addresses barriers to math equity, and aligns instruction to grade-level priority standards. The Pathway offers guidance and resources for educators to use now as they plan their curriculum, while also offering opportunities for ongoing self-reflection as they seek to develop an anti-racist math practice. The toolkit “strides” serve as multiple on-ramps for educators as they navigate the individual and collective journey from equity to anti-racism."

sites.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join