It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scorn in the USA: Jeep Pauses Bruce Springsteen Ad Campaign After Drunk Driving Charge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
How much trouble do you think you'd be in if you got a DUI? Any chance you'd be given 'privilege' to appear in a Super Bowl commercial?

Jeep has officially paused its Bruce Springsteen ad campaign that aired during the Super Bowl following the revelation that the pro-Biden rock singer was arrested for drunk driving in November.

A spokeswoman for Jeep confirmed to CNBC that the entire campaign is on hold.

“It would be inappropriate for us to comment on the details of a matter we have only read about and we cannot substantiate,” a Jeep spokeswoman said in a statement to the cable network. “But it’s also right that we pause our Big Game commercial until the actual facts can be established. Its message of community and unity is as relevant as ever. As is the message that drinking and driving can never be condoned.”

Jeep knew exactly what they were doing. No one pays attention to ads after they run during Super Bowl pauses. Somebody ought'a use this opportunity to make a law PUNISHING this type of practice. Just drop something like a $5B fine on Jeep ... or restrict their company from making any sales for a year. That'd teach 'em.

Screw Jeep and Springsteen. You all know he was never 'sent' to Vietnam ... right?

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
[url=https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/02/10/scorn-in-the-usa-jeep-pauses-bruce-springsteen-ad-campaign-after-drunk-driving-charge/]Link[/u rl]

New Jersey authorities confirmed Wednesday that Springsteen was arrested in November and faces charges including DWI, reckless driving, and consuming alcohol in a closed area. The arrest took place at the Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, New Jersey. Authorities said that Springsteen was cooperative during the arrest.

Mothers Against Drunk Driving has blasted state authorities for failing to reveal the arrest prior to the Super Bowl on Sunday, when tens of millions of football fans saw the high-profile commercial. The advocacy group said that the many victims of drunk driving “deserve better.”

edit on 1122021 by Snarl because: formatting

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

That commercial was utter garbage anyhow. Even without the DUI Springsteen is an elitist liberal jerk who hates "small town USA". My wife and I both laughed at how stupid that commercial was and how gullible anyone who believes it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Well it makes sense that they would drop him after a DUI.

I'd be willing to bet he didn't tell them about it.

But it wouldn't surprise me either if they ran with it anyway until everyone found out.

Edit: I didn't see the commercial, and don't really care either way. I can disagree with his politics and still like his music.
edit on 11-2-2021 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Wow... Our moral superiors risking the public safety by drunk driving...

Isn't it amazing how this happened in November and didn't get revealed until after his super bowl add.
Kinda like money talks....hmm

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Jeep knew exactly what they were doing.

I don't know. I live in New Jersey and this just came out here too, I think people might have been covering up for him and it doesn't surprise me. That stuff typically makes the police blotter and would have been big news but I think they may have booked him quietly and tried not to make a big deal of it which is obviously bull.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I guess he was the only idiot liberal they could find who wasn’t so lazy that he could at least make himself show up for a dumbass absolutely stupid “unity” commercial shoot to shove down America’s throats.

Joke was on them however, since absolutely no one watched their stupid identity politics football game. They had to (Salty Cracker said this) “pause the count in the middle of the night” on the Nielsen tv ratings before they came out and admitted how low the ratings were.

Come in for some unity and healing, people. And by the way, buy a Jeep.

ETA: “Consuming alcohol in a closed area” LOL. Was he curled up in his trunk, drinking by himself?
edit on 11-2-2021 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Mornin Snarl....where were you during Nam?

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Mornin Snarl....where were you during Nam?

Too young for that show. Instead of a lush jungle environment ... I ate a lot of sand.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
In an effort to "keep it real", Jeep hired a "real" blue collar, working-class hero, with a "real" southern drawl

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I had a rock band, protested in Chicago, Kent State, Berkeley...and was draft-selected...but the draft abolished before I'd go...

Later, Air Force Reserve and Oakland County Sheriff's office.

When one quotes as you did...I question any 1st hand knowledge...to make such a generalization...if one wasn't "there".

Best as always S, and stay well...☮️

PS always thanks given to those who served. Sand, ocean, jungle...thnx
edit on 11-2-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

If he was arrested in November, he may not have even had the trial.

Different states and localities have different rules on when they make the information public... Especially if the trial hasn't happened.

So you think Jeep should get a 5bn dollar fine or stop sales for a year because they had a commercial with someone charged with a misdemeanor who likely hasn't had their trial?

You sound like one of the seething libs... Just screaming hyperbole at the top of your lungs cuz one of your opponents did a thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I find it odd that a commercial featuring a guy with DWI is a problem when a good number of the actual players of game probably have DWIs, felonies, beat their wives, ex-gang members, and all kinds of miscreants.

You gotta love the outrage...

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
And from the sounds of it, the Boss was riding a bike. People waved at him and stopped him. He greeted the people, high fived them talked with them for several minutes. They offered him a shot and he took it with them.

All while he is doing this, some lokal yokel is watching the action unfold. Pulls him over as soon as he is done.. Bruce blows a .02 yet is charged with all of this garbage.

Yup great stuff... But the headlines don't mention that.

variety.com...
edit on 11-2-2021 by mzinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

We should get the government involved like OP said.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
If he was arrested in November, he may not have even had the trial.

Different states and localities have different rules on when they make the information public... Especially if the trial hasn't happened.

I'm pretty sure this was the New Jersey State Police covering up for him. Anyone else arrested at Sandy Hook, where this happened, would have been in the local police blotter. Not that I have ever had an illegal drink at the beach there, not even last year.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The police aren't publishing this because this case is going to get thrown out. Some cop wanted to make a name for himself.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm pretty sure this was the New Jersey State Police covering up for him.

Looks that way

Mothers Against Drunk Driving has blasted state authorities for failing to reveal the arrest prior to the Super Bowl on Sunday,

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

From your post:

The arrest took place at the Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, New Jersey. Authorities said that Springsteen was cooperative during the arrest.

Not familiar with the area. Did this take place in a park?

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
The police aren't publishing this because this case is going to get thrown out. Some cop wanted to make a name for himself.

Why would it get tossed? If he was drinking at Sandy Hook he was already breaking the law, s**** as that law is, and if he blew above the limit and operating a motor vehicle than he should be held accountable.

edit on 11-2-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join